What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cream is wonderful in so many things in my view! Love yoghurt but it’s even better with a bit of extra cream!
I won the indicative vote I just held I'm afraid. Also, cauliflower cheese recipe was doing well until the cream and pepper. I will be asking for a delay in implementing the recipe.

Reactions: zauberflote

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.6 FBG 5.9 @Chook - I've been digging into the depth of my brain over the word "Compliance" during the last few days. I knew it was from a movie long ago and finally it came to me - the computer Max in Flight of the Navigator - kids film which I watched more than once with my son. Must download for the boys.
B. TAG with ADOC and a slice of Dr Almond with toasted cheese. It was wonderful! Rest of the day was a tripe fest.
L bowl of tripe - No 2 declared it smells good and looks good but I'm not eating it. You start with fried pancetta, a soffritto of celery, carrot and onion (got to use the dicer on the kenwood), reduce down a small bottle of dry white wine, mix in a tomato/garlic/Italian herb sauce, prepped tripe and spicy beans and chilli flakes. Delicious.
D. Another bowl of tripe with a slice of Dr Almond golden and lurpack. The tripe is so much better 2nd day after the flavours infuse into it.
Later, another TAG with ADOC and a mint Grenade carb killa bar. I had intended to make a lemon drizzle cake but got sidelined doing shopping so I don't have to go out tomorrow. Ah well there's always tomorrow.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have decided on a four meal day today - well it’s a bit drizzly over Bill’s yard and the day demanded it so there you go.

Breakfast; my, now usual but only until Sunday, egg, cheese, ham microwave blister bomb and a glass of kefir.

Lunch; after a couple of hours in Madison Square Gardens, Mrs Miggins spots a sign on the side of a building “Macy” or some such. So, lunch in Macy - oh happy days - this will be more wonderful than that time that my 5 year old son made “breakfast in bed” as a special treat.
So - not that bad - A salad bowl with roasted chicken and avocado (no - just the chicken). The bottom was filled with sweet corn and other nasty looking cack but quite pleasant otherwise.

A 40 minute walk and, not paying attention to my surroundings, fell exhausted into a fancy bar in the Warner Brothers Centre - ordered a teeny side of olives which came with delicious pickled veg and a huge glass of something resembling very dry blackcurrent juice. Water - always a glass of water.

Dinner; Chicken marinated in spices with roasted cauliflower, broccoli and roasted garlic (quite a bit) - There is a bottle of wine somewhere in this apartment - better get a move on and find it.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Ham and salad sandwiches.
Dinner: We were gunna have a meal at the club, but the NBN went down no eftpos/ cashout etc. there so no money to pay for a meal so had nothing. Toasted cheese sandwiches when we got home.
Breakfast: Mushroom and cheesey omelette, bacon, tomato.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar / sweeteners, water, beer.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 6.6 FBG 5.9 @Chook - I've been digging into the depth of my brain over the word "Compliance" during the last few days. I knew it was from a movie long ago and finally it came to me - the computer Max in Flight of the Navigator - kids film which I watched more than once with my son. Must download for the boys.
B. TAG with ADOC and a slice of Dr Almond with toasted cheese. It was wonderful! Rest of the day was a tripe fest.
L bowl of tripe - No 2 declared it smells good and looks good but I'm not eating it. You start with fried pancetta, a soffritto of celery, carrot and onion (got to use the dicer on the kenwood), reduce down a small bottle of dry white wine, mix in a tomato/garlic/Italian herb sauce, prepped tripe and spicy beans and chilli flakes. Delicious.
D. Another bowl of tripe with a slice of Dr Almond golden and lurpack. The tripe is so much better 2nd day after the flavours infuse into it.
Later, another TAG with ADOC and a mint Grenade carb killa bar. I had intended to make a lemon drizzle cake but got sidelined doing shopping so I don't have to go out tomorrow. Ah well there's always tomorrow.
My mum eats tripe - nothing fancy, just tripe and onions, she loves it. I had some once in France, purely by accident. I ordered Andouillettes - little knowing that they were tripe sausages - no.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My mother and grandmother liked tripe so much they would buy it, cook it and feast on it together.
Not something I have ever enjoyed though.

Reactions: dunelm and maglil55

Viv19

No breakfast
Tea, coffee
Lunch was cottage cheese with celery, toms, cucumber, mushroom sliced with dressing, and a slice of buttered seed bread.
Some almonds in between - lots of gardening, was v hungry.
Dinner was meatballs, garlic tomato sauce and cauliflower rice with mushrooms. A glass of red

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast
Tea, coffee
Lunch was cottage cheese with celery, toms, cucumber, mushroom sliced with dressing, and a slice of buttered seed bread.
Some almonds in between - lots of gardening, was v hungry.
Dinner was meatballs, garlic tomato sauce and cauliflower rice with mushrooms. A glass of red

Welcome to the thread @Viv19

Reactions: Viv19
D

Deleted member 308541

My mother and grandmother liked tripe so much they would buy it, cook it and feast on it together.
That is so sick. :D

I was forced fed tripe when I was a kid and I vowed and declared war on it then. I would not allow it in butchers shop I managed.

Tripe does end up in a lot of products as filler though, chicken pies, tinned crab, seafood sticks. :meh:

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Too late to read everything I’ve missed at the mo - especially as you seem to have been talking tripe!
Will just post my day and catch up later
B: cheese omelette
L: 2 tuna melt muffins @Rachox posted a week or so ago with green salad. V small slice leftover lc cheesecake.
D: Out at lovely restaurant in Charlestown. V picturesque town near us. Superb meal: bottle of Cornish sparkling wine. Starter of scallops and crispy bacon, then ribeye steak with peppercorn sauce and green veg. Shared a lovely cheeseboard afterwards. Bottle of red with meal. Brandy and coffee at home afterwards. ( ps I didn’t actually drink the whole bottle(s) they were shared between us all)
Cracking night.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My mum eats tripe - nothing fancy, just tripe and onions, she loves it. I had some once in France, purely by accident. I ordered Andouillettes - little knowing that they were tripe sausages - no.
My Mum and Grandma also used to make tripe and onions and I dont mind it. Hubby was brought up on tripe soup but that involved milk and potato so it had to be removed from the tripe list. I much prefer the Italian versions. I may be eating it tomorrow too and I have another 5kgs in the freezer!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A lot of people were put off by the smell when you were prepping tripe. Not usually a problem now as the butchers usually do the cleaning and scalding. This was the first time in ages I had any cleaning/scalding to do.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have decided on a four meal day today - well it’s a bit drizzly over Bill’s yard and the day demanded it so there you go.

Breakfast; my, now usual but only until Sunday, egg, cheese, ham microwave blister bomb and a glass of kefir.

Lunch; after a couple of hours in Madison Square Gardens, Mrs Miggins spots a sign on the side of a building “Macy” or some such. So, lunch in Macy - oh happy days - this will be more wonderful than that time that my 5 year old son made “breakfast in bed” as a special treat.
So - not that bad - A salad bowl with roasted chicken and avocado (no - just the chicken). The bottom was filled with sweet corn and other nasty looking cack but quite pleasant otherwise.

A 40 minute walk and, not paying attention to my surroundings, fell exhausted into a fancy bar in the Warner Brothers Centre - ordered a teeny side of olives which came with delicious pickled veg and a huge glass of something resembling very dry blackcurrent juice. Water - always a glass of water.

Dinner; Chicken marinated in spices with roasted cauliflower, broccoli and roasted garlic (quite a bit) - There is a bottle of wine somewhere in this apartment - better get a move on and find it.

FOMAD - FOur Meals A Day. I like it.