What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Nadya123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: fresh grapefruit juice (1), coffee with milk (2 mugs), 3 cubes (5 g) of crystallized ginger . 4 units of Humalog ( rapid insulin), 1 Metformin

Lunch: 2 tosted slices of German rye bread , 2 fryed organic eggs, big salad, coffee, 1 cube of cr. ginger, 1 apple, homemade black currant jelly. 8 units of Humalog, 1 Metformin.

Dinner : big salad with tuna, apple, black currant homemade jelly. 4 units of Humalog, 2 Metformin.

I have got Type 2 since April 2011. On insulin since April 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

BabyBel

Was feeling quite pleased with myself,I am on a low carb/calorie diet,until I checked the calories in the two sausages I had eaten for dinner.700+.THUD!

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was feeling quite pleased with myself,I am on a low carb/calorie diet,until I checked the calories in the two sausages I had eaten for dinner.700+.THUD!

WOW
What type of sausage?

Today
B: coffeencream
L: bacon, egg, beans
D: beef stew, masses of veg and about to berryncream

Too much protein, but hey, it isnt every day

Reactions: 4 people

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B. 2 slices BURGEN with grated cheese & pate, tea.

S. Slice toast with butter & marmite

L. 3 ryvita, buttered with pate. Tea

S. Cup tea

D. 2 fried eggs, 3 rashers streaky, 1 zapped tomato & leg mushroom. 1/2 can baked beans

S. 5 mixed nuts & 1 Digestive biscuit & Tea.

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was feeling under the weather, snuffily, shivery and grumpy today, so food was basically Evian and my Engevita nutritional yeast flakes - organic Swiss bouillon- Kallo organic chicken stock cube in a mug thing.

Perked up in the evening and dinner was cod fillets, with a sublime ginger-lime sauce, perfectly steamed courgettes - and leeks that were a tad chewy lol.

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Coffee & more coffee..deja vu :)
D: 4 small pieces of spicy chicken, 2 fried eggs and some sauteed green beans topped off with butter.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday
B Berries, chia seeds, peanut butter, sweetener, cocoa powder, butter, coconut oil, microwaved 3 minutes. OTT? Moi?
L Cheese salad
D Baked rainbow trout with steamed veg & celeriac chips & lots of butter

Out of curiosity I bought half a dozen sprats (21p). Any ideas on what to do with them?

Reactions: 6 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Spears? I'm almost sure I remember my Dad used to have them lightly battered and deep fried @DeejayR

Well, yesterday's menu went all wrong and I'm paying for it. We took some of the residents horse riding (not me, them on he horses) and then went to a chain type pub for 'tea' which hasn't got a flexible menu. Everything was either made of carbs (pasta, wraps, batter) or served with roasted or chips. By this time I was ravenous so chose what seemed the best option, the All Day breakfast. I managed to resist the fried bread but succumbed to the lure of the baked beans and deep fried hash brown. My bg went to 8.9 an hour after then 7.6 after 2 hours and stayed at 7.6 until bed time. This morning my dog was... 8.9 and it's only just gone down to 7.9. All because of a deep fried hash brown and baked beans. Incidentally, the baked beans tasted incredibly sweet.

Anyway, back on the straight and narrow today:
Breakfast: Coffee and double cream
Lunch: Lemon cream cheese pancakes
Tea (at work) Roast chicken , avocado, 3 cherry tomatoes and romaine lettuce.
Supper: salami

Reactions: 7 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
D'oh - Not spears should have said sprats - blummin predictive Kindle keyboard.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Chook No worries, it's gonna happen sometime, and now you've moved on. I think it's compulsory though that if you can't avoid it, enjoy it :)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@DeejayR. Oh, I definitely enjoyed it. :p Won't be doing it again in a hurry though. :confused:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Yesterday
B Berries, chia seeds, peanut butter, sweetener, cocoa powder, butter, coconut oil, microwaved 3 minutes. OTT? Moi?
L Cheese salad
D Baked rainbow trout with steamed veg & celeriac chips & lots of butter

Out of curiosity I bought half a dozen sprats (21p). Any ideas on what to do with them?
You could dust them in seasoned whey protein or soy flour, if you have it... coconut four maybe.. add a little chilli powder or cayenne to the 'flour', then fry them in oil and butter? My father always did, but dusted them in a paper bag with ordinary flour and seasoning in it... hot oil... nice... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Breakfast: fresh grapefruit juice (1), coffee with milk (2 mugs), 3 cubes (5 g) of crystallized ginger . 4 units of Humalog ( rapid insulin), 1 Metformin

Lunch: 2 tosted slices of German rye bread , 2 fryed organic eggs, big salad, coffee, 1 cube of cr. ginger, 1 apple, homemade black currant jelly. 8 units of Humalog, 1 Metformin.

Dinner : big salad with tuna, apple, black currant homemade jelly. 4 units of Humalog, 2 Metformin.

I have got Type 2 since April 2011. On insulin since April 2015.
Hi Nadya... are you not low-carbing then? This thread is about eating low-carb... no juice; no milk; no crystallised anything - it's pure sugar; no bread, ever; no apple; no blackcurrant jelly..... The only things I would eat in your list are eggs, salad and tuna... everything else is pure sugar and pushing up your blood glucose... :)

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B. Small bowl (1/4 cup measure of dried oats) porridge, cream & cranberries

S. 1 buttered tea cake & Tea (emergency snack, b.s 4.2). In Cafe.

L. Small portion of beef casserole, 1/2 dumpling (couldn't resist)

S. 1/2 peanut butter microwaved mug cake. (My daughter had the other half)

E/meal. Sardines on 1 slice toast. A few nuts with 2 sqrs dark choc.. Tea

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
B. White coffee with sweetener.
L. Black tea with ginger, liquorice and cinnamon infusion. One almond flour cracker. One peanut butter cookie (@ewelina 's recipes).
T. Green tea with strawberry and raspberry infusion. one Rich Tea biscuit.
S. Slice of @ewelina's bacon and leek quiche (almond flour base). Gala apple. 2 squares of 73% Orange & Geranium dark chocolate.
The quiche was nice and I will almost certainly have another slice later.
S. 4 sula humbugs.

Later 187ml bottle of Australian Merlot, maybe two if I get in the mood. A couple of babybels and a hot peperami.

Last edited by a moderator:

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
B. Usual slice of Burgen toast with pâté
L. 4 rashers grilled bacon, 2 fried eggs