What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dinner last night.....salmon fillet oven cooked with a red pesto and cheese topping, runner beans, 3 small new potatoes and a very acceptable shiraz cabernet!
Breakfast today...... 1/2 a toasted HP roll with a fried egg on top
Lunch (just)....... 112g tin of tuna with LOTS of full fat mayo and a tsp of paprika mixed in.

Reactions: 7 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
L: Asda Chilli sardines and some sauerkraut that needs using up. A weird combo.

I was right - it was weird but strangely yummy. I added bit of chopped celery, radish and cucumber. If you like hot 'n' spicy I can really recommend those sardines!!

Reactions: 4 people

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
whole tablespoon of mustard? I've got steak for dinner so I'll give that a try

Roughly. I just take a spoon and in it goes. Unless I am eating something it goes well with then I put it on it. I really do notice less of a spike, if any and sometimes I go a little lower

Let me know how it works! I think I would like to just eat an egg and a pickle, LOL. Keep me posted on how the pickled eggs taste!
chop both into a relish size pieces and serve for lunch with a selection of salad vegs

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was right - it was weird but strangely yummy. I added bit of chopped celery, radish and cucumber. If you like hot 'n' spicy I can really recommend those sardines!!
I love those sardines too. Found them in Tesco and they are delicious much better than those in tomato sauce.

Reactions: 2 people

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Doesn't work fir me. BG just spikes later
Oats are a slow release carb that takes longer to digest hence why people think it doesnt affect their BG. High fiber carbs take anything from 3-8 hrs to digest. Thats probably why your BG spikes later

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oats are a slow release carb that takes longer to digest hence why people think it doesnt affect their BG. High fiber carbs take anything from 3-8 hrs to digest. Thats probably why your BG spikes later
Yes it is. Still no good.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can I ask where people buy their sugar free syrups. @Chook where did you buy your gingerbread flavoured one please?

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 boiled eggs, coffee with almond unsweetened milk (don't really like this)

Snack: Coconut cheesecake at sugar free cafe in Islington - not sure if this was a good idea

L: omelette and a couple of chips - the best of a bad selection in a cafe. Then a Snickers

So I'm not having the best day I guess - and out of testing strips so have no idea what my count is doing, but boy am I tired :(

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Can I ask where people buy their sugar free syrups. @Chook where did you buy your gingerbread flavoured one please?
@mo53 It's called Monin - the same sugar free syrup they use at Costa - but I got mine from eBay. I think it was about £10 for a litre bottle inc postage. It sounds expensive but I use only a teaspoon or two at a time so it's very economical. Be careful when buying as they also do full sugar varieties. There are other makes.

KayeStevenson

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
I make my own using a spiraliser. Took a while of experimentation to work out the best way of cooking. I firstly dry off as much water as possible using kitchen roll then put them into a hot, dry frying pan and leave to dry fry. This evening I added salt, pepper, chilli flakes, toasted pine nuts, fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime and served with Thai chicken kiev. I tend to use them as a side dish rather than as a pasta and mixing wet sauce into it. Normally after dry frying I just add a knob of butter and seasoning.

I really enjoyed the courgette spaghetti - so much so I had made 2 portions and ended up eating them both!! I only microwaved them for 1 minute and threw them in a pan with loads of fresh pesto and Parmesan. Easy peasy, tasty, filling and minimal dish washing YAY:)

Reactions: 6 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Everybody

B. Raspberries and cream

L. 30g cheddar and M&S Greek salad with a spoonful of chilli crab

D. Low carb roll with grilled cheese and bacon - my new favourite.

Thank you @Chook

Reactions: 7 people

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My BG when i woke up was 8.8 but forgot to check it after breakfast opps lol
D: 2 chicken breasts with melted cheese 5.6 to 4.1 :wacky:

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
FBG 6.2 -a bit better.

Today:
B: Lidl Turkish yoghurt with a teaspoon of gingerbread sugar free syrup drizzled over.
L: Asda Chilli sardines and some sauerkraut that needs using up. A weird combo.
D: Courgette spaghetti, Loyd Grossman Puttanesca sauce and some chicken.

Total 22g carbs.

Sometimes you have to go weird to get a tasty meal lol :wacky:

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Now this demonstrates how sad I am and the lengths I will go to ...
Using McD's own nutrition calculator...
To find the calories etc for a sausage patty, deduct the values for a standard sausage & egg muffin from a DOUBLE.
To find the value of a cheese slice, deduct the value of a hamburger from a cheeseburger
They don't have the value of a fried egg on site, but luckily Google does.

So you now have the nutritional values for a sausage patty, an egg and a slice of cheese. Add these up and then deduct the total from the values for a sausage & egg mcmuffin. et voila - the values for the bun.

The bun is 154 cals, 24g carbs, 7g protein and 3g fat - or thereabouts. So half a bun is 77 cals, 12g carb, 3.5g protein and 1.5g fat.

This has been a public service announcement for diabetic fast food eaters. Sponsored by Burger King.

Sounds like u did a macdonalds nutritional course ha ha, i've only eaten fast food once, 2 pieces of fried chicken.

sugar-rush123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Now this demonstrates how sad I am and the lengths I will go to ...
Using McD's own nutrition calculator...
To find the calories etc for a sausage patty, deduct the values for a standard sausage & egg muffin from a DOUBLE.
To find the value of a cheese slice, deduct the value of a hamburger from a cheeseburger
They don't have the value of a fried egg on site, but luckily Google does.

So you now have the nutritional values for a sausage patty, an egg and a slice of cheese. Add these up and then deduct the total from the values for a sausage & egg mcmuffin. et voila - the values for the bun.

The bun is 154 cals, 24g carbs, 7g protein and 3g fat - or thereabouts. So half a bun is 77 cals, 12g carb, 3.5g protein and 1.5g fat.

This has been a public service announcement for diabetic fast food eaters. Sponsored by Burger King.
Lol thank you for that i have a hankering!

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: blueberries, Skyr yoghurt
L: 1/2 Lidl roll, prawn mayonnaise
D: pork chop, French beans, roast tomato

Reactions: 10 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Yesterday's efforts
B - mashed avocado on half a Lidl roll
L - cauli tortillas. These are very nice but a faff to make. Next time I'll make a BIG batch
D - 3 pieces of KFC
S - merlot

Reactions: 12 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hello Everybody

B. Raspberries and cream

L. 30g cheddar and M&S Greek salad with a spoonful of chilli crab

D. Low carb roll with grilled cheese and bacon - my new favourite.

Thank you @Chook
The grilled cheese and bacon on the low carb roll sounds delicious will try this tomorrow. Do you mean the Lidl roll?
Try a red pepper stuffed with ham mushrooms and cheese and anything else you like baked in the oven, lovely can have some veg with it too.:)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Yesterday not a lot really was on the Desmond Course [ Will update you all on that tonight as I am busy today and have my monthly review with doctor tonight,]
18/02/16
B Raw oats in a glass soaked in Alpro Almond Yogurt with Raspberries.
L 2 crispbreads with Pate
D 2 crispbreads with pate
S 1 poached egg on 1 slice of burgen bread

Reactions: 6 people