What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve missed a couple of days, no hope of catching up yet but I’m full of admiration for @zauberflote and @maglil55 for their Herculean efforts in managing it.
Sunday we had a roast duck with loads of different veg including broccoli cheese and Delia’s lovely braised red cabbage ( low carbified by swapping brown sugar for golden monkfruit and using less apple and onion) lovely - tasted of Christmas and it freezes well so half saved.
Yesterday had brunch of bacon butty in a SLC roll.
Dinner was h/m cheeseburger with red cabbage slaw ( it was an enormous red cabbage - still half left) glass or 2 of red.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Black coffee until lunch which was Parma ham, St Agur cheese and red cabbage coleslaw with fennel seeds. DGF raspberry bakewell and cream
Dinner was something my vegetarian daughter recommended: a slab of feta cheese on a baking sheet, a few cherry tomatoes and olives, drizzle with olive oil and bake for a bit. Chuck the whole lot into a bowl of hot pasta and mix - the feta cheese turns into a lovely creamy pasta sauce. I used Aldi black bean spaghetti. Mixed in a handful of spinach leaves at the end too. Really nice and so simple.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dinner was something my vegetarian daughter recommended: a slab of feta cheese on a baking sheet, a few cherry tomatoes and olives, drizzle with olive oil and bake for a bit. Chuck the whole lot into a bowl of hot pasta and mix - the feta cheese turns into a lovely creamy pasta sauce. I used Aldi black bean spaghetti. Mixed in a handful of spinach leaves at the end too. Really nice and so simple.
Pretty sure this would be very good when you use vegetables instead of pasta. Green beans, brussels sprouts, broccoli, wilted spinach, things like that!

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday 15 December - bed 8.1 FBG 7.9 - Start of major issues with grandson. Didn't have much to eat at all dealing with distressed little boy.
B. TAG and SLC toastie with ham & cheese.
L. Nothing
D. Yet another SLC toastie with mortadella and tomato. 2 squares Lidl 85%.

Wednesday 16 December - grandson off school so I got Hubby to make lentil soup for him. He was not eating much so I thought getting him something he liked would make the difference.
Bed 8.1 FBG 8.2 (not too worried as my stress levels are through the roof).

B. TAG
L. Lentil soup with a slice of SLC bread.
D. More lentil soup with another slice of SLC bread.

My BGs didn't thank me for all that lentil soup but to be honest I was past caring. It did come back down quickly.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pretty sure this would be very good when you use vegetables instead of pasta. Green beans, brussels sprouts, broccoli, wilted spinach, things like that!

Yes I agree, I would have preferred it with courgetti I think, but I didn’t have any so thought I’d make an effort to use the black bean low carb pasta which was in my cupboard. Brussels sprouts are a good idea too.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and salted caramel phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few pecans.
Dinner: chicken supreme and mixed veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

TMAD again.

Lunch was roast pork belly. Top was coated with salt, pepper and chilli oil. Delicious.
Dinner was leftover lamb from yesterday, with some cheese and pickled onions followed by a small ramekin of whipped creamy cheese and double cream.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
17 December - bed 8.2 FBG 7.5. A traumatic Libre day. Finally got the bleeder removed to reveal a large bruise but the new sensor refused to scan. I had a really disturbed night as everytime I got the sensor starting up message, waited the 60 mins, up came ready to scan but....scan it and back it went to sensor starting up. Had to replace it in the morning, reported to Abbott and a replacement will be issued. First dodgy one for a while.
B. TAG and a SLC sandwich with roast beef, tomato and mustard.
L. Nothing.
D. 2 pieces lemon sole cooked in butter & lemon. Wilted spinach. 2 squares Lidl 85%.

18 December - bed 8.2 FBG 7.6

B. TAG and SLC sandwich with roast beef, tomato and mustard.
L. Nothing
D. I succumbed to some chicken pie that everyone else was having with a mini cob and spinach. More chicken than pastry though.

19 December - already have elsewhere thanks to my confused mind.

Sunday 20 December

Having managed to get eldest grandson to school at least part of the morning on 4 days out of 5, I did also get him to swimming although he still wouldn't go in but, I got him there and he helped. BGs are better bed 6.2 FBG 6.4

B. TAG and yet another SLC sandwich with roast pork and tomato.
L. Nothing
D. Rib eye, mushrooms and celeriac chips. Few cherries and 2 squares of Lidl 85%.
Usual campari and soda and a 1/2 bottle of prosecco

Monday 21 December - a day of running around in circles trying to complete Christmas shopping and get DIL back and forward to her clinic to get as much work done as possible before the lunatic locks the whole country down on Boxing Day. Call us cynical but none of us believe it will end 18 January. I'll be prepping to take on teaching duties again.
Bed 6.9 FBG 6.8

B. TAG and a SLC sandwich with egg mayo.
L. Nothing
D. These wrap things I make with the thin beef, wrapped around sliced peppers and onions and the spicy sauce. Had it with cauliflower and 2 squares of M&S 85%.

Reactions: DJC3 and annabell1

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today 22 December - bed 7.9 FBG 6. After a supreme effort between yesterday and today I finally completed all my Christmas shopping. Hubby's present arrived amazingly as it was Royal Mail tracked (obviously not via Peterborough), Currys managed to not receive my click and collect order which required a quick reorder through Amazon & Smyths and DIL'S present is still out there but I know it's coming by courier. Butcher is delivering Christmas Eve. A few minor things to do locally but that's it.
B. TAG and a SLC sandwich with ox tongue and coleslaw before Physio, getting DIL to clinic then hitting the shops again.
L. Nothing
D. Couple of GF sausages with egg and veggie chips. 2 squares M&S 85%.

In between times was sorting out loads of stuff for Hubby to wrap.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
really starting to regret hubby wanting to learn to cook. He's majoring in pastry and today moved on to scones. At least I kept him to cheese ones to take as a gift to someone tomorrow. I did snack on a couple of mini quiches id put together to use up the last of the pastry.
Otherwise, it was eggs at early lunch and 2 Heck 97% sausages with cauliflower cheese for tea.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Feeling pretty proud of myself today!

After feeling I was walking on the edge for weeks, I have now felt like I've dropped off the edge and into in the black hole for the last few days.
Still, I've managed to cook a very good meal today, and enough to keep me until christmas day, when I'll be eating with my neighbours :)

132652128_10222489992392921_7720142482358607224_o.jpg

Reactions: maglil55

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
10am - 1 slc roll filled with 2 bratwurst sausages

3pm - chicken with side salad to include grated cheese and dollop of coleslaw

9.30pm (just in from work) - 2 DGF Blueberry & Lemon Drizzle with pouring cream (had to check they tasted ok - just received them today after being at Peterborough MC since last Tuesday - carefully opened the box they passed the sniff test, still appear moist, best before date is 23/12 so nearing it so not great but in the cool temperatures of late hopefully ok. Only one that is possibly dodgy is the Peanut Butter Brownies? which have white small spots on top which I don't know if this is how they should look or not apart from that smell ok and moist - comments please from the DGF experts? what do yous think eat or leave?

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
So yesterday my GP who has been sick with leukaemia passed away and when I found out I cried and been feeling very emotional since I will miss such a caring person and a doctor who helped me in so many ways and pray for his family. ♡☆

And now covid19 has put restrictions on Christmas day here as a cluster has happened in few parts of NSW so they are in lockdown but other areas are not required to be in lockdown but restrictions are only allowing 10 people in a house to celebrate Christmas/eve/day and boxing day but they are allowing up to 100 people in an outdoor venue..... we only have a small gathering so planning on seeing if we can do the outdoor venue. This may be my mums last memorable Christmas so we want to be able to celebrate it with her.

**** you COVID19 !!!!

Today my bs this morning was 6.5

Breakfast 1/3 pork sausage, one fried egg on sourdough toast butter and black coffee

About 4-5 hours later my BSL dropped to 4.3 I've been noticing last few days this has been happening and if I don't eat anything my BSL will keep dropping and as I was not having dinner till late as was at my brothers house he cut up some fetta cheese tomatoes and had some jatz biscuits so I ate some and a black coffee last few days my BSL has been dropping down to 3.9 or 4.3 about 4 hours after eating but have not changed much to what I've been eating though mmmm

Dinner 2 x chicken drumsticks some toss salad 1/4 corn cob and about 1/2 cup fried rice that had some prawns in it for dinner washed down with icy cold water.

Take care everyone and stay safe where ever you are. ☆☆

Thank you @zauberflote for your kind words

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Bit wet and grey here today, but fitted in a walk to pick up some cakes (see below) and only got wet twice in 8.5 miles.

Lunch was leftover pork belly from yesterday, warmed up in the air fryer - wrapped the soft meat in foil and left the crackling open. 10 minutes and it was ready. Pretty tasty, still moist. Dessert was one of my cakes - chocolate pistachio, served with a dollop of extra thick double cream. Very, very rich. Even I won’t be eating more than one of those at a time.

Dinner was cold leftover lamb with a couple of the small Asda sugarless pickled onions.

8BCA40B5-C2AF-48D4-B19B-0F4D7E972CDB.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Black coffee and Hiit session with PT for breakfast, then 1 hr queueing outside the butcher’s in the rain.
Lunch: tuna, Hb egg, salad leaves, 2 cherry toms and h/m Mayo.
Dinner: pork tenderloin sous vide and seared quickly afterwards. This was just wonderful, I will never cook it any other way. Mushroom cream sauce and garlicky greens with it. DGF ginger cake and cream to follow. 1 glass dry white.
Great looking meal today @Antje77 I hope you can climb back on soon.
@maglil55 hugs for the Libre frustrations on top of everything you are dealing with.
@Mrs T 123 I’d eat them but why not contact DGF and ask what they think? They usually respond quickly.
Cake looks amazing @Goonergal