What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How was the yogurtt Riva?
Alright Muzza, I have always like vanilla yoghurt so this one is pretty good I am chasing the protein at the moment so 15% a pot is great, I can make the fat up with some cheese or whatever as it's a bit low.

Price is right at the moment as well. :D

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Alright Muzza, I have always like vanilla yoghurt so this one is pretty good I am chasing the protein at the moment so 15% a pot is great, I can make the fat up with some cheese or whatever as it's a bit low.

Price is right at the moment as well. :D

That low carb pizza looked great. I had a Good/Bad night last night at my Brother in Laws 64th birthday. 4 pieces of Turkish Pide, Cheesecake and 4 glasses of red. Just counting the macros now and up to 264g of carbs. Hope I have got that out of my system for a while. Great news though was a fbg of 4.8 this morning

Reactions: Annb and maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was just looking for any specials on meat at my local butchers facebook page, came across this keto bacon weave pizza recipe.

delish-bacon-weave-pizza-3-1534167385.jpg

https://www.delish.com/cooking/reci...qLsGH01Ao7XlX1U21Wom0SvC9MoS1k9hXAndzMUuYIWNg
I've had that on my CMT recipe App for a while.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
The "feeling awful" returned during the night so Igot up, took some cocodamol and sat for a while but didn't even enjoy the late night TV. Eventually went back to bed and slept in until 7 o'clock; then got up and fell asleep again in the chair. Eventually roused myself to get washed and dressed and have breakfast. BG at that point 12.1.

Breakfast: bacon and eggs. I'm hoping that that will keep me going for much of the day.

Any other food required will be in the form of one or other of the 2 soups I have ready - 1: mushroom or 2: mixed green veg and cauliflower.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I made a big pot of soup yesterday, a creamy cheesy leek soup with minced meat, very nice. And then I forgot to put it in the fridge. :banghead:
I expect I'll survive eating it today, but not sure I'll dare eating it tomorrow still. It was 17 degrees in the kitchen tonight.

I figured I wouldn't have much time to cook after coming home today late afternoon; I'm going to pick up a bunny as a friend for my lonely bunny. The bunny lives very close to the place where I always get my guinea pigs, almost an hour away, so I thought I could get some more of them too, being in the area.
I currently have 11 piggies, 14 is the perfect amount for some unknown reason, so if I get 4 or 5 I should be good for the next year at least :)

But it looks like I'll need to do some repairs to the rabbit pen first: late last night two friendly ladies knocked on my door with my bunny in their arms, it had been hopping on the road!

So you see, the soup had better not have gone off tonight.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So back to Thursday which was my birthday but no celebrations due to one son ill with Covid and the other self isolating for unrelated reason. However Mr PM insisted on treating me to lunch at the pub. I just had a starter of smoked salmon & Prawn cocktail which they turned into a small bowl with extra salad and Marie Rose sauce separately. They have one elderly server who totally “gets” my needs and looks out for me.
In the evening I just had a toddler meal of two fishfingers and one tenderstem of broccoli. A few glasses of Cremant. Still awful FBG yesterday.
Yesterday we went to the coast and had a walk then picnic lunch on the beach of rollitos, a chicken leg and a few strawberries. Very nice listening to the waves on the pebbles. Yesterday evening had a tomato & basil omelette preceded by two white peach gins & soda, still not enough or too much to give me better FBG today.
Lunch today was one slice HiLo toast piled high with chicken liver pate, cup of tea and 2 squares dark choc. This evening will be Thai t/a of stirfried chicken with ginger & spring onion and a side of Pak Choi.
@Antje77 if only the GPs and bunnies liked soup it would solve the problem. I am relieved I am not the only one that gets distracted!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox hope your OH feels better soon and enjoys his flat food!
A fishy day for me today:
1-Tinned salmon in SLC roll followed by 25g 100% cchocolate ( 6 bags Montezumas absolute black arrived today, I’m going to have to hide them from myself)
2- Wonderful local hake with the chorizo crumble topping and some baked mushrooms, peppers and aubergine. Then choc chia pud
@Riva_Roxaban I’ve seen that bacon weave pizza too but never tried it, be sure to show us a photo if you make it.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Busy old day today
Very early breakfast of yoghurt and strawberries
Brunch of cooked breakfast (sausage, bacon, mushrooms, fried egg, small amount of beans)
Afternoon snack of a peperami, cheese and a Fibre One bar whilst helping out at my local football club (very hectic!)
Dinner of what seemed to be a mountain of chicken strips in a mixed salad

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Our Covid story has move to a different phase again, (grown up) daughter and I felt coldy yesterday so went for drive through Covid tests yesterday, results this morning, I’m positive, daughter is negative but convinced she has it. Despite feeling a bit under the weather, I’ve eaten fairly normal (for me) stuff and blood sugars have been surprisingly low!
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: minted mini lamb koftas with Brie and coleslaw followed by SF blueberry jelly, cream and LC vanilla and raspberry granola.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy belatd birthday, @PenguinMum !
@Antje77 if only the GPs and bunnies liked soup it would solve the problem.
I've just had a look at the soup and I don't trust it. I think it isn't supposed to have lots of tiny air bubbles.
It's a waste, but I'll eat something else. Not sure what though, as expected I'm floored after today so not very motivated to make something to eat, although I'm rather hungry by now.

I have 5 wonderful new guinea pigs though: two elderly ladies (5 and 6) , who can live out the last part of their lives with me, two very cute and very little girls, just old enough to be without their mother, I think about 5 weeks old, and one very fat lady who is picking a fight with everyone. Hope she settles down a bit :)

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pub meal last night. Monkfish on courgette and aubergine with a romanesco sauce. No idea what was in the sauce but it was very tasty, and wasn't served with carbs, but with a garnish of whole almonds!!! Wasn't marked as low carb but must have been.
Just a glass of wine as service was abysmal so came home for a cheese plate with M&S seedy crackers

Brunch today of bacon and scrambled egg.
Too many bites of hubbys ice cream mid afternoon
D: fathead pizza with fresh tomatoes and ham topping. Sliced strawberry with a spoonful of cream cheese mixed with cream. 1 small glass of red watered down by half.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox sorry to hear of your covid troubles. Any idea how you all got it? Wishing you all mild cases

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox sorry to hear of your covid troubles. Any idea how you all got it? Wishing you all mild cases
Possibly from hubby’s work place just before holiday or while we were away? Thanks for you best wishes, none of us are particularly unwell at the mo. We are all double jabbed so hopefully we won’t get sicker

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I made a big pot of soup yesterday, a creamy cheesy leek soup with minced meat, very nice. And then I forgot to put it in the fridge. :banghead:
I expect I'll survive eating it today, but not sure I'll dare eating it tomorrow still. It was 17 degrees in the kitchen tonight.

I figured I wouldn't have much time to cook after coming home today late afternoon; I'm going to pick up a bunny as a friend for my lonely bunny. The bunny lives very close to the place where I always get my guinea pigs, almost an hour away, so I thought I could get some more of them too, being in the area.
I currently have 11 piggies, 14 is the perfect amount for some unknown reason, so if I get 4 or 5 I should be good for the next year at least :)

But it looks like I'll need to do some repairs to the rabbit pen first: late last night two friendly ladies knocked on my door with my bunny in their arms, it had been hopping on the road!

So you see, the soup had better not have gone off tonight.

You've reminded me to put the remaining soup in pots in the fridge, @Antje77, thanks for that!

I did have a bowl of the veggie soup about 2.30 because my BG was beginning to drop. Really enjoyed it but BG continued to drop until I had to have one of my stand-by packets of crisps to get it into range around 6 o'clock.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You've reminded me to put the remaining soup in pots in the fridge, @Antje77, thanks for that!
Glad to hear my wasted soup has had some good use! Sometimes it hits me how oddly amazing it is that I can do something here, in the Netherlands which makes a direct change to something on your side of the North Sea, or the other way around of course. Like saving your soup, or surprising myself with cooking something someone mentioned on here right the same day :)

I solved the dinner problem with two slices of LC bread, one with a generous portion of halloumi, one with cheese, chorizo, tomato and mayonnaise.
Lunch on the road was chicory leaves with hummus, sharing the chicory with the new guinea pigs in their travel cage in the back seat :)

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
currently have 11 piggies, 14 is the perfect amount for some unknown reason, so if I get 4 or 5 I should be good for the next year at least :)
Mmmmm! Cavy curry is very tasty in South America.

You will have a years worth. :D

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox hope you and your family get over this quickly, also hoping you have not got the "delta" strain.
Thank you for your concern, the Delta variant is the dominant strain at the mo in the U.K. so I guess we may have it :wideyed: