What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday bed 5.8 FBG 7.1 (Liverpool must have been working overtime on the alcohol).
Was taking DIL parents to a testing facility in the back of beyond for their travel PCR test. Sat Nav would not let me enter Street nane/industrial estate name. I had a kind of idea where it was but not well signposted. Found it eventually and tests all done ready for departure on Tuesday. I'll have upset boys to deal with then.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. Roaming in an industrial estate in West Lothian so nothing.

D. Usual cold cuts. Slice each chicken and paprika, coronation chicken, roast beef, ox tongue and 6 of the mini German sausage. Boiled egg.
Will probably have some berries and brandy cream after.

@Tori71 - it's a fabulous Thai. My late brother always said it was the most authentic Thai food outside Thailand. It's great too that they make cauliflower fried rice for me. I've been going there so long that I know what won't damage my BGs and what I get get away with in small amounts. Too easy to drink lots of booze though. It is always busy which is a good sign of a good restaurant.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a DGF lemon cookie.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a gingerbread Carb Killa bar.
Dinner, Chinese take away: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

Edit for typo

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry I missed your birthday @maglil55 happy belated returns of the day. ( my mum bought me a hoover as a bday present once - she was very house proud and really thought it was a great present. I’m not so I didn’t!)

Today I had cheesy scrambled eggs on lc toast for breakfast.
L- left over braised beef
D- sort of beef olives; rolled minute steaks around stuffing of horseradish, smoked cheese and blitzed chilli pork scratchings. Pretty good. Buttery cabbage with it.
Somewhere along the line today I had 2 DGF cakes - the chocolate vegan fudge brownie (love these) and the Christmas Crumble ( also loved this)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
That wokerati sounds like a region in New Zealand (Aotearoa). :D

I don't really mind the language developing; I know it has to happen, but I do deplore the introduction of things like "woke". It really annoys me. Surely English could cope with describing more accurately or clearly what "woke" really is. It's just laziness on the part of the speaker, to my mind. But then, I'm definitely not woke and don't intend to be.

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't really mind the language developing; I know it has to happen, but I do deplore the introduction of things like "woke". It really annoys me. Surely English could cope with describing more accurately or clearly what "woke" really is. It's just laziness on the part of the speaker, to my mind. But then, I'm definitely not woke and don't intend to be.
Nor am I.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But then, I'm definitely not woke and don't intend to be.
Good for you.

I am not woke, and I am not politically correct either.

As for the Karen's (and male equivalents) that are getting more prolific, I love winding them up.

Nor am I.

Good for you too.

Happy belated birthday as well.

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Wasn't sure how the lemon cake I had put in the fridge would be too dry to use, although my friend insisted that it should be fine. So I tried it. It was a bit dry, to my mind, but salvageable. I soaked some lemon syrup into it, to make sure and then topped it with my mincemeat and a cream frosting. The only bit that I had was the trial, dryish, edge. But figured that that had better be counted as breakfast.

Rushing around, getting ready to go out for the arranged parents/children's event and then, crashing, thinking I wouldn't be able to go anyway, then deciding that I could if I pushed myself. Ended up going out with nothing else to eat or drink.

Got home about 6.15 pm so grabbed one of the "trial" packs delivered in the Tesco order - a pack with parma ham, salami, cheese and mini breadsticks. Ate it, but I shouldn't have bothered. It wasn't very nice. The ham was fine, but the salami was thick, tough and tasteless. The breadsticks were just cardboard. What a waste of carbs and calories! That's it for today.

The Tesco order was missing about half of the items I'd ordered. Not sure how this week will go in terms of meals. We'll see as the days go on.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Good for you.

I am not woke, and I am not politically correct either.

As for the Karen's (and male equivalents) that are getting more prolific, I love winding them up.

Good for you too.

Happy belated birthday as well.

I like to be polite, but definitely not politically correct. Most of the things which we are urged to accept as politically correct are common-sensibly incorrect and not to be accepted under any circumstances.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheese on low carb toast, two boiled eggs for breakfast.
Tub of greek yoghurt, lemon cordial with a scoop of Osmalax for smoko.
Lamb shoulder chops, green veggies, gravy for lunch.
Tin of pea and soup, that has been annoying me in the cupboard for a couple of weeks, rwo slices of toast for supper at six.

Thinking of the Sunday "god squads" that used to come around the area BC 2020,.

Now most of the restrictions have been lifted here in Australia they might gearing up for the xmas chit chats.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning's yoga class was cancelled so had a lovely long lie in reading instead.
11:00 2 dippy eggs with lc soda bread and a coffee with cream
13:00 An avocado, a bit of Blacksticks blue and a cherry tomato, all with a drizzle of vinaigrette dressing
18:00 Out at an Indian with friends. 1 meat samosa then a tandoori mixed grill. Did try tiny tastes of some of the others. 1glass red wine.
Later there might have been a proper Baileys

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Three meals today - wild weather day out so ended up mainly indoors except for brief forays into garden to rescue garden furniture that tried to take off! Definitely time for us to put furniture away for the winter.
Breakfast bacon,egg and half a hm lc roll
Lunch other half of roll with some pate followed by lc brownie and yoghurt
Mid pm three squares of 90% chocolate
Dinner chicken curry with Corriander and glass of soda water with gin followed by lc raspberry bakewell.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had "breakfast". It was to have been bacon and egg but ended up being bacon and charcoal. When will I learn not to leave a pan on the stove and get distracted by something else? I haven't managed to learn that in the last 76 years, so I guess I'm just a hopeless case.

Later, I will make a fish pie topped with some kind of vegetable pasta (courgetti maybe) or perhaps with a vegetable mash - more my kind of thing - easy enough to forget the vegetables until they are almost a mash anyway. Not the best way to eat veggies, but that's about my current standard. I'll try not to do that, especially since veggies are in short supply due to things missing from my order. I did get enough cabbage to make some kind of wrap. Maybe that's an idea: fish in sauce in a cabbage leaf. Not sure that the cabbage flavour would work with the creamy fish sauce. Have to think about that.

In my mind, I have some kind of cobbler but I don't have a scone recipe that is low carb (nobody came up with one, did they Antje?) Must try to muster the energy to experiment.

The air is clearing after the carbonised bacon, so I'd better get the windows shut to keep the cold out.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: shelley262 and Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I've made this one @Annb , the recipe says carbs are 6.7g. It's from Sugar Free Londoner site - the link is below.

https://sugarfreelondoner.com/grain-free-english-scones/#recipe

Hope this helps!

Thanks for that Tori. Since I have no bread in the house now, I'll have a go at that later today. Have to replace the almond flour with some other nut flour (today is not the day to experiment with my inability to use almonds but I must try sometime and see if I have got over it).

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
No rush. Been feeling worse and worse all day. Done nothing. Going back to bed now and hope I can stay there long enough to feel better. It's not my BG dropping too low. That's 11.8 just now.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had "breakfast". It was to have been bacon and egg but ended up being bacon and charcoal. When will I learn not to leave a pan on the stove and get distracted by something else? I haven't managed to learn that in the last 76 years, so I guess I'm just a hopeless case.

Later, I will make a fish pie topped with some kind of vegetable pasta (courgetti maybe) or perhaps with a vegetable mash - more my kind of thing - easy enough to forget the vegetables until they are almost a mash anyway. Not the best way to eat veggies, but that's about my current standard. I'll try not to do that, especially since veggies are in short supply due to things missing from my order. I did get enough cabbage to make some kind of wrap. Maybe that's an idea: fish in sauce in a cabbage leaf. Not sure that the cabbage flavour would work with the creamy fish sauce. Have to think about that.

In my mind, I have some kind of cobbler but I don't have a scone recipe that is low carb (nobody came up with one, did they Antje?) Must try to muster the energy to experiment.

The air is clearing after the carbonised bacon, so I'd better get the windows shut to keep the cold out.

I’ve made a cobbler using a cheese scone recipe that @PenguinMum posted a while ago. It’s on my ‘copy me that’ if you have that? or otherwise hopefully she’ll see this and repost the recipe.
I’ve also used this topping which was lovely and gave a very cobbler type topping. I used half the quantities and didn’t bother with xanthan gum. I still had plenty leftover to make breakfast biscuits which were great.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/kristies-keto-chicken-pot-pie

Reactions: Antje77

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Late breakfast of scrambled eggs, 1 rasher bacon and lc toast.
Lunch/dinner: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/kristies-chicken-philly-cheesesteak-casserole a family favourite.
Pud was DD Christmas pudding, microwaved, and with a dollop of cream. I absolutely loved it - so nutty and fruity. It was loads better than I expected which was a relief as it’s over 4g carbs - quite a lot for their products. ( worth it in my opinion)