What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and egg sandwiches for breakfast.
Red Rooster whole chicken and veggies, gravy for lunch.
Leftover chicken toasted sandwiches for supper at six.

Small glass of whisky brfore I went to bead.

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
1000hrs B cheese and bacon omelette
1330hrs l 2x salad sandwich using lettuce leaves as bread
2000hrs D late . Hm chicken ,bacon and chorizo stirfry
4 coffees
3x walnuts and same amount of brazil nuts

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Preparing for visitors this weekend, 1 vegetarian, 1 no nuts, 1 no tomatoes ...and now me on lc!! Always used to be a catering headache, now it's a nightmare. And I don't want the oven on this heat !!!
Sounds like a perfect excuse for a barbecue!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mea Culpa again! I'm way behind but it's been a very, very busy week. A belated Happy Birthday to @Annb & @Rachox (I had a quick scan).

Monday 8 August - bed 7.8 FBG 8.2

A bit of a rush this morning. We were going to a funeral in near Kirkcaldy. It's one of these "check the route" drives as the journey time can be very variable (and I do mean very!). Another of Hubby's cousins had passed away. Lovely service and get together with all the cousins plus children.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with lurpack.

L. They always have a sit down meal at their funerals. As one of the designated drivers, I had water and a black coffee to drink but, they had a very nice chicken in a white wine and tarragon sauce with loads of veggies.

D. Much later, just had some of the left over cold cuts - slice each roast pork, ox tongue, roast beef, smoked chicken bits with coronation sauce.

Tuesday 9 August - bed 8.2 FBG 7.8

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with smashed avocado and smoked chicken bits.

L. Nothing

D. These Mexican pork rissole thingy that I haven't made for a while, with a salad of port salut, tomato and avocado. Strawberries with a prosecco cream.

I'd been busy today with the labelling of school clothes to get one batch along to son/DIL. Youngest grandson requires multiple labelling!!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It looks rude in English? What does it sound like for you?
In Dutch, it's a common phrase to wish someone a happy birthday, literally translated it says "hearty congratulations with your birthday of course!"
So now I'm very curious! :)

I managed to work out the meaning of verjaardag from the context but the rest is similar to English words, so it made sense. That's often the case between quite a few European languages and English because, of course, English is such a mixture of quite a few languages. It's a wonder anyone, other than 2 year old children can learn it at all.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: hm lc yoghurt, blackberries, seeds
Exercise class followed by coffee (tea in my case) with the girls for first time in weeks :)
L: 2 scrambled eggs with 3 extra leftover whites and a bit of cheese stirred through. 2 hazelnut biscuits (just as well I froze them, but have discovered they can be eaten frozen:happy:
D: cold chicken mixed with 1 avocado, cold green beans, 1/3 apple, lemon juice, yoghurt and mayo, all shared between 3 of us, on green salad. Surprisingly very tasty.
Hm lc Hazel nut ice-cream. Recipe said adding brandy to it would keep it soft. Recipe lied. Recipe tastes good but it's absolutely solid.
Suspect more brandy required Not a bad thing.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I managed to work out the meaning of verjaardag from the context but the rest is similar to English words
And even verjaardag is close to English if you take it apart. Jaar is year, dag is day, ver- makes the word jaar into a verb, 'verjaren', meaning the passing of years.
So the Dutch aren't congratulated with the day day were born, like the English with their birthday but with the fact that another year has passed!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wednesday 10 August - bed 8 FBG 7.5

Foot measuring day with the boys. Not for the faint hearted! I always book a slot but it always seems like half the county is in Clarks for the back to school foot measuring saga. Eldest was not an issue - very "grown up" as the Grammar school beckons. Youngest was a nightmare! Just didn't get why all white tennis shoes were not going to happen! Thankfully he'd picked a sensible pair of trainers and school shoes before the white ones caught his eye as, the huff that followed, resulted in a refusal to try anything on and stomp about with his hat pulled down. Difficult to avoid the other bad tempered kiddie hoards if you can't see where you are going!

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and whipped cheese.

L. Nothing - still at the annual foot measuring torture!

D. Beef olives with loads of veggies in it. Boys plus one of eldest grandson's friends all had dinner outside (gallons of icy water) as it was very humid.

Shoes were finally tried on!

Once boys (and friend) returned home, I had need of a vodka and diet coke (I had two!).

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
And even verjaardag is close to English if you take it apart. Jaar is year, dag is day, ver- makes the word jaar into a verb, 'verjaren', meaning the passing of years.
So the Dutch aren't congratulated with the day day were born, like the English with their birthday but with the fact that another year has passed!

Makes sense. And yes, I can see that breaking the word into segments makes it similar to English, or vice versa.

So ver is similar to ge in German and be in English.

Reactions: Antje77

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday 11 August bed 6 6 FBG 7. Stress must help my BGs!

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and whipped cheese.

L Went to Aqua and a swim afterwards. 2 slices of mortadella when I eventually got back! Was going back and forward to recycling with son.

D. After tidying grandsons toys up in preparation for boiler service tomorrow, cooked these M&S pork, cheese and onion sausage ring. Had on their own as I didn't feel like anything much due to the heat. Much later, I did have 4 strawberries with a spoonful of prosecco cream.

I was also going back and forward with a pressure washer as son hadn't connected it properly (he didn't want to break the connector) and Hubby was complaining "has he broken it". Hubby sorted it since, if it broke it would be his fault.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Running behind again. Very belated birthday greetings to @Rachox and @Annb

I’ve had a lovely long walk in the sun today. All the way along the Regent’s Canal from the south side of the Islington tunnel to Limehouse Basin and on to Canary Wharf via the river. Punctuated with a pit stop for extra water in Victoria Park.

Ate some air fried pork belly pieces before going out and since returning have had salted mixed nuts, some cold meats and cheese and keto cakes from Yummzy, which I collected in person near Canary Wharf. Very surprised to be offered the chance to collect today as I only ordered this morning. Got to meet their very cute dog too!

47388A8C-C16D-44BE-A99D-68445F55DF78.jpeg
B5FA06C3-093E-4EAB-B24E-B1A9A9EDEA86.jpeg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday - today! Bed 7 1 FBG 6.6

Boiler service today, DIL lift didn't turn up so I stepped in in between fitting in a shower and finding something very cool to wear (I think I melted overnight).

B. Just TAG - had to get out quickly to get DIL to work.

L. Remembered I hadn't eaten so, bit of crustless quiche.

D. Poached salmon, prawns and a salad of avocado, port salut, santini tomatoes and walnuts. Nicks LC coconut bar.

Boiler service done and it's a bit cooler today. Sleep will hopefully be easier tonight.
20220812_185034.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Dinner: salmon and cream cheese on a LC bread roll with baby tomatoes and coleslaw followed by SF raspberry jelly and cream.

57835699-93FB-4B86-92DE-4B604A0C67DD.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I think my stomach must be shrinking. I did finish the Lorne sausage and cheese plus a fried egg and half a tomato - didn't bother with the cabbage slaw after all, but I struggled with it. Once I could have eaten twice the amount. And after only a bowl of soup for breakfast, it wasn't much to hope for. I shouldn't have forced myself though, I'm suffering for it now.