What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MAC73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Coffee and cream x 2
Cottage cheese and tomato. Fage small yogurt.
Sausages.
OMG how is this all you eat?? I'm trying to cut out carbs and reduce my sugar intake but I'm struggling with feeling hungry. This seems like barely any food. :greedy:

Reactions: Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
OMG how is this all you eat?? I'm trying to cut out carbs and reduce my sugar intake but I'm struggling with feeling hungry. This seems like barely any food. :greedy:
You're not the only one to struggle. Nor do you need to reduce your food intake so drastically. Depending on the way your diabetes reacts, reducing carbs, including sugar, might be all you need. Better to try reducing first and only if that doesn't work, try to control actual quantity of food. That would be a long way down the line.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon ad eggs, fried tomtoes, two slices tost and vegimite for breakfast.
Heat and eat in the bag roast brisket with a onion and spicy mix gravy, mixed veggies, thick slice of dragon fruit and L/L sorbet for lunch.
Leftover brisket ina couple of toasted sandwiches, for supper at six.

Glass of single malt goodness before an early night.

MAC73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You're not the only one to struggle. Nor do you need to reduce your food intake so drastically. Depending on the way your diabetes reacts, reducing carbs, including sugar, might be all you need. Better to try reducing first and only if that doesn't work, try to control actual quantity of food. That would be a long way down the line.
okay, thank you. It's quite terrifying! I'm allergic to nuts and intolerant to most pulses, lactose intolerant & not allowed to cook meat/fish in the house, so it's quite complicated for me. I'm trying my best but definitely missing sugar/chocolate and potatoes the most.

Tamarillo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was away a couple of nights.
Anyway, I ate well. Numbers stayed good.

So, today.

Coffee -I'm making it progressively weaker, and enjoying it more. How strange!
So long as it's more coffee tasting than dirty dishwater tasting...it stays.

Early: Steak. Avocado. Hibiscus tea.

Later: Poached eggs, stirfried pak choi with walnut and seame dressing. Mung bean salad.

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Well cutting the carbs really doesn't make you hungry. Mind you I am not active right now as waiting for surgery, so might eat a bit more otherwise. I am also trying to lose weight. I track everything and you would be surprised how things mount up! I still have to be a bit careful on the cheese front! Also checking my blood sugars regular means I tend not to snack.

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it just the cooking of meat and fish that causes the problems? If so, you can have cooked but cold tinned fish or meat, or cold cuts. But I do think it's selfish of your housemates to put embargos on someone else's food, especially when diet is critical for diabetics.

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. I've had a fantastic weekend with my granddaughter and on Saturday, my grandson spent the day with us. I have soup and sausages to finish off and Greek yogurt with blueberries for a treat. My levels are coming down and I feel a lot happier. Have a great week everyone.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Off to the "Move More" introductory session shortly so breakfast was fairly early. Em was here to get ready for school and she hqad aq fried egg for breakfast so I had one as well.

Question is, whether to have more of the chicken chasseur and see what happens, or just to put it away in the freezer and have some fish or a steak that Neil got for me. Maybe the fish would be a good idea. But we'll see how I feel later in the day. BG was higher, butr settling now around the mid 8's.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Back after a longer spell MIA!
friday supper was a big pile of mussels the French way looking enviously at Mr PM’s dunking crispy bread but not worth me going there. as usual all brekkies are slice of LC toast and copious tea. @Annb I don’t know if you can get Warburtons where you are but their Crustless, white or wholemeal is only 7g a slice and I now buy the wholemeal for my slice of toast after getting fed up of trying to find HiLo And only 2g difference anyway. Troublesome tums react well to a bit of toast I think.
Lunches are generally small plate of cold bits from the fridge, variously meat, cheese, spoon coleslaw, a chopped tomato, couple of pickled silverskins.
Supper Sat cauli bhajee 4 Tandoori King Prawns and one popadom from t/a.
Sunday Roast chicken, cauli cheese, brocolli.
Bones made stock for leek & broccoli soup for lunch today.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All
Back after a longer spell MIA!
friday supper was a big pile of mussels the French way looking enviously at Mr PM’s dunking crispy bread but not worth me going there. as usual all brekkies are slice of LC toast and copious tea. @Annb I don’t know if you can get Warburtons where you are but their Crustless, white or wholemeal is only 7g a slice and I now buy the wholemeal for my slice of toast after getting fed up of trying to find HiLo And only 2g difference anyway. Troublesome tums react well to a bit of toast I think.
Lunches are generally small plate of cold bits from the fridge, variously meat, cheese, spoon coleslaw, a chopped tomato, couple of pickled silverskins.
Supper Sat cauli bhajee 4 Tandoori King Prawns and one popadom from t/a.
Sunday Roast chicken, cauli cheese, brocolli.
Bones made stock for leek & broccoli soup for lunch today.
Thanks for the tip about Warburtons. I know we can get their ordinary white loaf in Tescos, but I'll ask Neil to see if he can find their Crustless bread next time he goes there.

MAC73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why is this?
Reducing carbs to stay healthy with diabetes is a lot easier when eating meat and fish.
It's not impossible with a vegetarian diet, but harder.
my wife is vegetarian and won't compromise on it.

• Friendly

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 2
Beef and tomatoes
Cheese
Sausages, cheese and tomatoes