What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ate out today. Fasting bg this morning 4.7, ketones 2.7. (Only test approx weekly).

Breakfast (at home, knew I was going out for lunch) 1 slice smoked salmon, 1 scrambled egg, very meagre.

Lunch Tandoori chicken skewers with cucumber and yoghurt, side salad. Beef burger with bacon, onions, mushrooms and cheese, no bun, no fries, extra salad. No dessert, black coffee, 2 glasses red wine. 1 small Brandy.

Supper, square of cheddar cheese, one home pickled onion (no sugar

Drinks One espresso with double cream, 1 square 85% chocolate, several black teas and a hibiscus tea.

Didn't do carb count, all guestimates, waste of time, but I think not too bad.

Reactions: geefull and mo53

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmm the Indian Lamb shank was not as good as it tasted, something in the sauces a 7.5 after 2 hrs

Today

L: Ham, lettuce, spinach, spring onion, tomato,cucumber,olives, feta dressed in olive oil/basalmic and apple cider vinegar - my 'go to' lunch

D: DD cooked a sweet & sour pork:woot: I saw the meat being coated in flour, but she used sweetener not sugar, garlic, ginger, chilli, rice vinegar, peppers, mushroom, water chestnut and coli rice

After 2 hrs a 6.0 - so all good then

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Where is everybody???

B&L: Nothing

Dinner: Roasted Mediterranean veg and salmon with a herb and lemon topping

Mr C is cooking today :)

I am shattered! We got a new dog today - a year old black Labrador and we found the best way to introduce him and bond him to our other two dogs was to walk them together - even with my dodgy knees. I will definitely sleep tonight.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm here #Chook - although just.....today I enjoyed a final lie in before the school runs start again next week. Then took son for their shopping then had to go back to M&S when it dawned on me that I'd forgotten to get food to feed the family tomorrow. Plenty for today and next week but nothing for tomorrow. Got an odd bottle at Costco too - wait for it.....Chocolate Red Wine!! It reminds me of something just don't know what. I think it will be sherry schooner size - not wine glass size. Anyway

B. 2 Heck chicken sausages, 2 rasher streaky bacon, portobello mushroom, 4 cherry tomatoes, fried egg and a slice of Tesco high protein bread with Lurpack. Less sugar latte.
L. Nothing really but just settled down to a black Tea.
D. Will be M&S oriental chicken with boc choi and beansprouts and there is 1/2 and aubergine begging to be made into spiced chips.

#Chook - How is the eating plan going?

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He hello
B. Red berries with Greek style yoghurt

L. Camambert with walnuts

No swimming today

D. Smoked haddock with salad (including pomegranate:))

Reactions: geefull and Chook

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B Fry-up ... 2 eggs, black pudding, bacon, half Lidl roll toasted, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes.
L Other half Lidl roll with cold chicken & mayo.
D Gammon, spicy red cabbage, mashed celeriac, broccoli, cheese sauce. Something in which put me just above my upper target of 7.2 :( The gammon is very low carb and the sweetener in the cabbage is xylitol. Flummoxed.
Later: mug cake so there.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Friday
Breakfast - porridge
Lunch - homemade choc mousse pud. (testing a recipe out)
Dinner - crustless quiche of ham, mushroom, red pepper and cheese, with baked celeriac cubes and broccoli

Reactions: mo53 and Chook

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have no problem with choc mousse so long as the cadbury bourneville is replaced with 80%. That is the only amendment I have needed to do

B: Yoghurt
L: Smoked salmon and salad
D: courgetti bolognese, some wine and nuts
Later will have cheese, celery and 1 cracker

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: nothing
L: slow cooked ham in OJ, with soul bread and butter. It has been a very long time since i typed the words 'bread and butter' :D
S: pork scratchings (a few)
D: bratwurst, sugarsnaps and a blob of cream cheese

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B Standard breakfast omelette, 2 eggs with bacon lardons, mushrooms tomato and cheese.

Late morning, Espresso, double cream, 1 square 85% chocolate.

Afternoon natural Greek yoghurt

Dinner. Salad, ham, turkey and pate.

Drinks. Black tea, mineral water, 1 glass red wine, 1 tot Brandy.

Full English tomorrow, yay!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
After a fairly sleepless night with the new dog, I forced myself not to grab Mr C's full english brekkie - ooohhh the smell.....

So, today:

Breakfast and Lunch: Nothing Although might have a mug of bovril at lunchtime if I feel hungry.

Dinner: (Its got a posh name that I can't remember but basically its) a chicken thigh casserole with chorizo, olives, cannellini beans, tinned tomatoes and garlic and herbs and with it we will be having cauliflower and broccoli

And - as its Sunday - I will be having my one and only glass of wine for the week with my dinner.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
#Chook - How is the eating plan going?

Not too bad, certainly better than last time. Its helping a lot to have the recipe book that goes with the diet - lots of interesting ideas that I wouldn't have thought of. Although it does seem a bit strange that my shopping bill came to £20 more this week.

Reactions: mo53

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B.scrambled egg and a tablespoon of cream and parsley. Slice of Tesco's high protein bread with Lurpack. Less sugar latte.
L. Less sugar latte
D. Spicy prawns and calamari.
Pork fillet with Apple cider sauce , cauliflower mash and roasted spiced cauliflower . Campari and soda and a wee bottle of prosecco (it's Sunday- feed the family day)
I'm getting a bit cheesed off with my morning readings. I know about dawn phenomenon and I know it took months to get it down last time but last few days it has been hovering 10.1 / 10.2 . It comes down pretty quickly during the day but I'm struggling to get into the 6's. Must admit I haven't been feeling great so it may just be some sort of bug lurking. Still back to school runs, watching grandsons, swimming lessons etc from tomorrow so we'll see if upping the activity gets a reversal. Certainly not going to doctor as I don't want the 'up your meds' solution.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Saturday
breakfast - porridge, usual with almond milk and ground flax seed added.
lunch - homemade beef and curried veg soup
dinner - baked haddock with carrots, cauli and broccoli

Chocolate mousse wasn't bad but needs a bit of a tweak yet. More testing to do, tragic ;)

Reactions: Chook and mo53

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Sliver of cheddar

L. Out at garden centre. Salmon fillet with carrots, swede, peas, broccoli and parsley sauce.

D. Smoked haddock with salad including pomegranate. 4 strawberries with yoghurt.

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's been a while! Trying to get back into good habits but is not proving easy.

B: coconut flour pancakes with blueberries and Skyr
L: tuna & avocado bites; kale crisps
D: beef coconut curry; cauliflower rice

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today

B: none
L: bacon and soul bread butties. Sort of. Ended up having bread and butter and bacon on the side.
S: 2 squares 70%
D: will be curry (not decided on the Pataks Paste to use) with aubergine, cauli, mushrooms and peppers, plus konjac rice. With possibly a slice of LC carrot cake after, if it cools enough to slice. It is in the oven now.