What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today.

Breakfast: Two cups of double decaffeinated espressos with cream and a bit of xylitol.

Lunch: Nothing

Snack: Half a low-carb role with butter and half an avocado, two table spoons of low-carb chocolate mousse.

Dinner: Last of the left-over cauliflower with tahini, sea bass, and salad with parmesano and Caesar's dressing.

Also did 50 minutes on the cross-trainer today. It will be interesting to see if it helps my fbg.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
B: 1 slice toasted cheese/ black tea
L: Braised steak/ onions with leeks/ cauliflower/ 2 small new potatoes/ tap water. Black tea.
D: Small but naughty MacDonald's chicken burger/ fries/ black tea. Not usually allowed but very stressful day!!!!
Snacks: None

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday
Tea
B: Greek yogurt, 2 fried eggs on Tesco high protein toast
Snack: Flat peach
L: Leftover pulled pork salad, berries & Activia zero yogurt
T: Chili & 2 tbsp basmati rice, 1 glass of red vino
Tea during the day

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: bacon and egg and sausage and tomato and mushroom - much more than my usual coffee on a Monday! :)
L: none
D: still not really hungry, but I had a green salad with some diced chicken in chipotle mayo, and really enjoyed it.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Monday...

Breakfast: 80g raspberry/blackberry/pomegranate with 100g greek yoghurt (BG's really rocketed up with this for some reason)

Lunch: 300ml Tesco Broccoli and Stilton Soup (half pot)

Dinner: Loads of roasted Med veg plus some steamed cauliflower

Drinks: Black coffee with breakfast and mid morning then sparkling mineral water for the rest of the day

B

badcat

B - 1/2 lidl roll with butter and raspberry chia jam ( bought strawberries, blacberries and apricots at the farm shop so more flavours to be made tommorrow)
L - 150g cooked king prawns with 20g chilli mayonnaise
D - Spagetti style shiritake noodles with a sauce of mushrooms, lemon thyme, baby leek, spinach lactofree cheese and cream
Snack - 50g Oppo salted caremel ice cream
870 cals 28g carbs

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - none

Lunch - was aiming to fast, but very hungry so headed to Nando's. Plain chicken leg with salad.

Dinner - courgettes baked with a fresh tomato and onion sauce and mozzarella, topped with Parmesan. Added some sautéed kale and baby leaf spinach; 2 squares Lindt 90%

Drinks - 1 mug tea with cream, 1 Diet Coke, 1 sparkling mineral water, tap water throughout the day.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a busy 2 days - yesterday bed on 5.6 so it seemed bigger meal plus wee drink hadn't made much difference but FBG was 7 and pre breakfast was 7.4. Better today bed 6.2 FBG also 6.2 and pre breakfast was 7.1.
Yesterday
B. Boiled egg and Tassimo Americano Grande with a dash of cream
L. Nothing
D. Salad with salmon fillet, tablespoon of prawns, fresh anchovies, lettuce, tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, red Leicester cheese, boiled egg and Helmanns.

Today we were at the Scottish Seabird Centre with the grandsons
B. Boiled egg , 1/2 Lidl high protein roll with pate and 3 cherry tomatoes. Tassimo Americano Grande with a dash of cream
L. Salad at the Seabird Centre with smoked salmon infused with gin and juniper berries. Black Americano coffee.
D. Rib eye and yet more salad - lettuce, tomato, 1/2 avocado, red Leicester mini and Helmanns.

BGs back in low 5's but being out all day with 6 year old and 4 year old at a seabird centre where there is a beach, trampolines, carousels, ice cream vans and a tendency for them to go in opposite directions fairly ups the exercise!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Two cups of double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. Half a low carb role, two heaping table spoons of low-carb mousse au chocolat.

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner: This was my first time making the pesto chicken with feta and olives (recipe from dietdoctor), added savory pancakes made with zucchini, onions, potato fibers and eggs. The feta chicken was delicious.

Last edited:

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
Breakfast out: 2 bacon, 2 poached eggs, grilled tomato, beans, mushrooms & granary toast
L: some ham, berries & activia zero yogurt
T: A burger, a Paul Hollywood multi-grain roll & some Stilton cheese
Tea throughout the day.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/sweet-and-sticky-chicken-wings
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/chia-pudding

Here's the recipe links. 2 portions of the Chia Pudding is a tin of unsweetened coconut milk (the thicker stuff), 4 tablespoons of chia seeds, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - put in a glass bowl , mix , cover and put in fridge overnight. So easy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app
I made the chia pudding last night and will try some for brekkie today - thanks for the recipe :hungry:

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I made the chia pudding last night and will try some for brekkie today - thanks for the recipe :hungry:
Well I've tried it now and it was quite nice. I think I would like a little more vanilla in it though. Have you tried doing it with yogurt or cream?

Reactions: ziggy_w and Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Tuesday...

Breakfast: 80g mixed berries, 100ml greek yoghurt

Lunch: Half a tub Tesco Broccoli and Stilton soup (fresh one)

Dinner: Med veg casserole with some chicken breast, steamed cauliflower and runner beans

Drinks: Decaff Coffee with breakfast and mid-morning, sparkling mineral water for the rest of the day.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I've tried it now and it was quite nice. I think I would like a little more vanilla in it though. Have you tried doing it with yogurt or cream?

I've made chia pud with water and cream (diluted the cream so that it was kind of milk-like), and yes, it works.
But the mix I made was a bit rich, so I ended up having tiny portions.

I've also done a lemon one, with just lemon juice, water and erythritol as the liquid, and then served with a drizzle of cream on top. That one was lovely and fresh. Zingy. But then I like my lemon sharp. :D

Reactions: ziggy_w