What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Wednesday...

Breakfast: A boiled egg and a tablespoon of mayo - eaten in an attempt to halt my DP which didn't work

Lunch: Two slices of ham and one boiled egg with lettuce, tomato, radish and cucumber (all from my garden!!) and two tablespoons of mayo (Hellmann's)

Dinner: Steak (195g raw weight), 200g aubergines (baked), big baked tomato and mushrooms

Drinks: Black coffee with breakfast and mid morning, then sparkling mineral water for the rest of the day

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
17/8/17 at 7.45am
breakfast - 2x wholegrain brown rice cakes with veggie pate (Yum!)
washed down with camomile tea as usual (no milk added)
Thinking about lunch now (11.25am!) :greedy::D

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooh! I'm stuffed! Can't even roll over!
Lunch - 12.30 = veggie breakfast (2x scrambled eggs, 4x veggie "bacon rashers" and fried mushrooms)
Just checked BG at 6.2 so it has dropped a tad from pre breakfast of 7.5 :D

Reactions: ziggy_w and heh
B

badcat

B - 1/2 toasted lidl roll with butter and blackberry chia jam
L - 1/2 toasted & buttered lidl roll with a bowl of homemade savoy cabbage and stilton soup
D - nothing - seeing what its like to fast from mid afternoon to breakfast ( if I manage it of course)
S - 75g Oppo salted caramel ice cream
Drinls - 2x nespresso with lactofree cream, lots of sparklig water and sugarfree squash
760 cal 29g carbs

Last edited by a moderator:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
B: 1 slice toasted Wensleydale cheese/ black tea.
L: Slow braised steak,broccoli, carrots,garden peas, few mini new potatoes. ( Yummy) & Pepsi max.
D: Chicken sandwich/ black tea.
Naughty snack: 1/2 fairy cake late afternoon-Shared with hubby and eaten to please mum!!
S: Tba --probably none.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Nothing from evening meal yesterday 5.30 pm just coffee upto lunchtime 12 pm BG this morning 6.9
Ciabatta and ham and cheese and cup tea forgot to test
Evening Meal chicken with baked potatoe green beans cup tea BG before meal 5.4

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was returning to normality bed 6.2 FBG was also 6.2 and pre breakfast was 6.5. Boys were ready and waiting so no rushing this morning. Went shopping with Hubby so went for a coffee in M&S. Made the mistake of having 1/2 of a slice of their lemon drizzle cake. Big, big mistake 11.6 before descent started plus I felt queasy. Lesson learnt, no I cannot eat even a piece of 'normal" cake.
B. 1 Slice of Hovis lower carb seeded with pate. Tassimo Americano Grande with a dash of cream
L. Black coffee in M&S and 1/2 of the now dreaded lemon drizzle cake.
A lot of water !
D. 3 Diet Doctor jerk chicken drumsticks and a little salad of lettuce, tomato and avocado.
Aqua tomorrow thank goodness. Time for redemption!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - breaking a 24 hour fast from lunch yesterday. Out for a colleague's retirement lunch at one of the hundreds of Turkish restaurants near our office - very strong Turkish community in the area and you can't walk more than 20 yards without passing a restaurant or kebab shop. Opted for mixed lamb shish and kofte kebab with salad, along with some cacik. Skipped the rice, chips and bread. There was something in or on the salad that tasted very sweet, but couldn't figure out what it was. Blood sugar up 1.9 mmols 2 hours later, which is a lot for me. Luckily I started at 4.4 so not too big a deal.

Dinner - small sea bass fillet sautéed in butter with kale and a squeeze of lemon juice; 8 raspberries and cream

Drinks - 1 mug tea with cream, 1 mug tea with milk, 1 Diet Coke, couple of litres water

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Have risen above yesterday evening's silly little blip!
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs.
Lunch: Cod pieces with salad and two baby beetroot.
Dinner: Another new favourite.. mince beef, bolognaise sauce, served over broccoli cooked in a pan with leeks, garlic, and butter.

perry1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People that moan for no reason
Only had dinner tonight 2 homemade burgers (no buns) topped with cheese green salad Greek yogurt few blueberries
.2 cups green tea water throughout the day.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Thursday....

Breakfast: Big bowl of Paleo Porridge with 40g blackberries (recipe below - it was very nice and comforting - thanks for the inspiration @Brunneria )

Lunch: Two slices of ham and one boiled egg salad - lettuce, tomato, cucumber, radish and a bit of red onion - and a little bit of mayo

Dinner: M&S King Prawn Bhuna curry and cauliflower rice

Drinks: The usual ... coffee with breakfast and for mid-morning, then sparkling mineral water for the rest of the day - must have been thirsty because I managed to get through nearly 4 litres yesterday!!

Paleo Porridge - inspired / based on @Brunneria 's recent Amazon purchase:

150g Coconut flour
150g Ground almonds or almond flour
30g Psyllium husk
15g of Splenda (or other sweetener to your taste)
10g Ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt

Mix everything together in an airtight container

Total calories for whole recipe: 1562
Total carbs: 101
Makes: 10 servings

One serving is 35g of the mixture
Giving 10g of carbs and 154 calories

Slowly stir in 275ml of COLD water in to 35g of the mixture. Allow to stand overnight if you want to eat it cold or 15 minutes if you want to eat it hot - if eating it hot then microwave for 4 minutes, stirring every minute then let it stand for a couple of minutes so it cools down a bit.

Edited to add:

After cooking this mixture this morning I added in some blackberries but it would also be nice with seeds or other fruit - and maybe different spices or flavourings - vanilla would be nice. :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting day today.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - none

Dinner - (in the oven) roast chicken leg with cauliflower cheese (just added cheese and a small amount of cream to cooked cauli and will bake alongside the chicken); 2 squares Lindt 90%

Drinks - 1 mug tea with cream, 2 Diet Cokes, couple of litres of water

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello

B - Greek yoghurt and nuts with a sprinkle of cinnamon
L - spinach and bacon frittata, coffee with cream
D - tonight will be bacon and halloumi in a protein roll with salad

Have eaten a handful of salted nuts today for a snack. Ooo forgot 1 or 2 glasses of the red stuff with dinner.

Have a lovely weekend all xx

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another calm day with both boys ready. Bed 6.1 FBG 6.4 and pre breakfast 6.9 so not bad. Busy weekend coming up and today was a busy day what with school run, gym, shopping take grandson to pick up Mum for next appointment, drop brother and Hubby at pub, pick up no 2 grandson , take both home, retrieve hubby and brother take them home, make dinner.......Niece's wedding tomorrow so need to get an online shop done for Sunday.

B. 2 Heck 97 % sausages, 1 rasher back bacon, 3 button mushrooms, 3 cherry tomatoes, 1 fried egg and Tassimo Americano Grande with a dash of cream.
L. Urban Fruit triple toasted coconut chips. 2 DD jerk chicken drumsticks from yesterday and ump of Marigold Swiss bouillon.
2 squares of Lindt 90%.
Will be missing until Sunday - leaving with brother who is father of the bride and wedding is on until 1am so won't see bed until about 2.30am.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app