What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Birthday @ziggy_w !

Yesterday
B: none
L: was persuaded to go out for lunch by Mr B who was obsessing about a cafe that does GF panini (he has recently joined me with the GF). So off we went. I had a chicken and bacon panini, with a lovely salad and extra coleslaw. Gave him half the panini. It was only once we got there and the tea arrived that he remembered they do a posh fragrant tea bag, rather than his favoured PG builders tea. :rolleyes: But he soaked up his sorrows by eating half my panini.
D: reheated lamb shoulder in the veg tomato wine sauce. He was hoping there would be a couple more meal's worth, so I guess I can repeat it.

Oh, and 2 squares Lindt dark with mint. No 70% sadly, so will have to watch that. All to easy for the rest of the bar to disappear rapidly.

Today will be a pressure cooked chicken left to go cold to be used for coronation or wasabi chicken.
Then homemade butter chicken for dinner, with spiced roast veg and cauli rice.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening. Completed day 7 of one meal a day. Today was the first day where I experienced any significant hunger, but managed to distract myself by going shopping - had a bra fitting and having already gone down 3 band sizes, was amazed to be told that I needed to buy some new ones a further 4 band sizes smaller!

So no breakfast or lunch. Dinner was a chicken leg with cauliflower cheese followed by raspberries and cream.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.1 FBG was also 6.1 although it was an early rise with the little darlings staying over. Clocks going back mean nothing to them. Hectic morning with them playing , breakfast, washing and dressing....After that went to brothers house to turn it from man tidy to me clean. 4 hours I was there!
B. 1 Slice Hovis lower carb seeded with 2 scrambled eggs with parsley. Tassimo Americano Grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing was cleaning
D. Rib eye steak with pepper sauce, broccoli, mushrooms and a salad of lettuce, tomato, 1/2 avocado, 4 Tre colori tomatoes, 3 walnuts and Helmanns.
8 raspberries with tablespoon whey hay vanilla ice cream.
2 bits Lindt 90%.
Skipped the alcohol today. Legs are done after cleaning.

shoesy24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening. Completed day 7 of one meal a day. Today was the first day where I experienced any significant hunger, but managed to distract myself by going shopping - had a bra fitting and having already gone down 3 band sizes, was amazed to be told that I needed to buy some new ones a further 4 band sizes smaller!

So no breakfast or lunch. Dinner was a chicken leg with cauliflower cheese followed by raspberries and cream.

7! Bra sizes! In what time period? Xx im normally a 40. Occassionally a 42 def i can see a difference in cup maybe band.
Maybe a fitting. Last one was Maternity 2 years ago.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. One small homemade low-carb peanut cookie.

Lunch: About 100g of tuna sashimi with a low-carb maple syrup-lime-mustard-soy sauce. Two scrambled eggs with half an onion, four mushrooms, and some fennel. Half an avocado and half a homemade low-carb flat bread with butter.

Afternoon: Two single decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol.

Dinner: One half homemade low-carb roll fresh from the oven with goat cream cheese and raw smoked goose ham, a cornsalad with Caesar's dressing with parmesan and chicken breast, some low-carb mousse au chocolat with whipped cream. Half a glass of Rioja.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7! Bra sizes! In what time period? Xx im normally a 40. Occassionally a 42 def i can see a difference in cup maybe band.
Maybe a fitting. Last one was Maternity 2 years ago.

Since the turn of the year. Started out with a 48 now in a 34! It’s amazing what a proper fitting can do.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 4.8 FBG 5.8 so no alcohol obviously does make a difference. Back to 24 hr fasts and this evening's meal has already been decided by No 1 grandson since they both come for dinner tonight. Also been at physio who has sorted my legs out after yesterday's efforts. Brother is no longer infectious so he may get home today or tomorrow - to a spotless house!
B. Black coffee and water
L. Water
D. Stewed steak and kidney ( or as grandson said 'that other meat that isn't mince'). Broccoli, green beans , peas and carrot. Mash potato except for me who will have celeriac puree.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening. Fasting continues so no breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was sea bass fillet with sautéed onions, courgette and broccoli followed by chocolate chia pudding with cream. Have now perfected the chia pudding - added a bit of extra cocoa powder and a touch more xylitol.

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening. Fasting continues so no breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was sea bass fillet with sautéed onions, courgette and broccoli followed by chocolate chia pudding with cream. Have now perfected the chia pudding - added a bit of extra cocoa powder and a touch more xylitol.
You're doing fab well done :) Any unpleasant side effects - e.g. headaches or bad moods?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You're doing fab well done :) Any unpleasant side effects - e.g. headaches or bad moods?

Thanks. No headaches or other side effects. Apart from yesterday, no strong hunger either. Obviously a few pangs here and there and definitely ready to eat come dinner time, but nothing serious. To be honest if I did get unbearably hungry I’d just eat!

Reactions: ziggy_w
D

Deleted member 308541

I have just defrosted our big freezer and found two bags of prawns.

I also found a loaf of bread from when our grandsons were staying with us for a break.

So prawn sandwiches for lunch, and to hell with the carbs I will thoroughly enjoy eating them. :D