What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I liked a toasted tea cake with butter melting on it or a fruit scone with jam and clotted cream. First toasted teacake I had was in Stratford upon Avon when I was there was work.

Oh, yes, I love a scone with jam and clotted cream.... and a decent pot of tea!! Not so keen on teacakes or doughnuts.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@maglil55 thank you!! I’m sorry about your feeling cruddy.. it’s being a long winter, isn’t it. Ugh re cleaning stove. Thankless task. Your toasted tea cakes are a little like another of my favorites, spelt toast with butter and honey. One piece was rarely enough, but I have an allergic-like reaction to honey, so stopped at two.
Why are we tormenting ourselves?

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To help get away from thoughts of donuts, toasted teacakes and almond croissants I offer up my meal today.....

Omad as going out for long lunch with an old friend
1 preprandial gin and soda.
Portobello mushrooms with Cropwell bishop sauce to start.
Gammon and eggs for main with a glass of red
Cheeseboard with celery for pud
Went to a nearby garden centre for coffee as my friend wanted to buy some plants. Very pleased to see they had the little pots of cream to go with the coffee like John Lewis. Pocketed a couple for future trips to less enlightened coffee shops.

Bgs more settled today. @maglil55 hope yours settle down soon and your legs stop hurting so much.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 7.2 FBG 7.3 but yet again it went shooting up to 9.8 and even Aqua Fit didn't speed up the drop. Been in the 6's for a while but still don't feel unwell apart from my legs and no doubt sweats later.
B. 2 bits Dr Almond bread with pate pate and a Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing was at Aqua Fit. Came back and went on cleaning with that Elbow Grease.
D. Some of my green soup (broccoli and spinach) and a chicken breast stuffed with black pudding with veggie chips.
Hope whatever it is goes soon.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone
Breakfast - usual protein peanut & chocolate bar with coffee
No lunch
Dinner - using up what needs eating out of the fridge so lettuce, onion, cherry tomatoes, chicken, crispy bacon, coleslaw and my new thing of the week to try
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-cheese-chips
Will no doubt have some chocolate later on too

Edited to add the cheese chips were that addictive I quickly made another batch half way through eating but this time with chilli powder instead of paprika - gave the other half of my salad a nice spicy kick :)

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Found you!
If you find me you may be surprised to find you feature already in my recipes - such as Maglil55’s caramel sauce!
Can you see my recipes? There's only one if yours visible- the DD feta one that @Bruneria is so fond of (and I know you must have more). Probably duplicate a few of mine. Must be something in the settings.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can you see my recipes? There's only one if yours visible- the DD feta one that @Bruneria is so fond of (and I know you must have more). Probably duplicate a few of mine. Must be something in the settings.

Oh no, now I look properly I can only see one of yours - The Black Forest Gateau even though the tab above says 38 shared recipes.
@DCUKMod are we doing something wrong ? How do you and OH see them all?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all on Dickie Valentine day. This month marks 35 years (with Julie) and no remission for good behaviour :arghh: No idea the exact date but it was a Saturday and involved a specially convened party (someone decided I needed a minder) after rugby. Very big men forced me to drink beer from watering cans to prepare me- which is why I used to runaway from them very fast on the field - then it all goes a little vague until I ended up married in October.
Food today was hemp flour toast with marmite - my word it takes huge quantities of marmite to mask almond flour - V thirsty. Trip to Ely and Starbucks hot chocolate - pimped for me with mixture of soy and almond milk and "runny" cream but their normal mocha choca. 14.00 hrs salmon mousse and 1 slice livlife toast; 18.00 hrs large v rare ribeye, mushrooms and halloumi chips then raspberry mousse made with sugar free jelly and cream. Think I am a nicer kinder little boy with more food but not sure what yet.
@DJC3 Tee2 eh - they lie:angelic:
Edit: Still no alcohol - anyone surprised after that sad story?:angelic:
Update: Hungry about 21.00 so had 2 slices tongue, several slices of streaky bacon and chunk of cheddar..

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh no, now I look properly I can only see one of yours - The Black Forest Gateau even though the tab above says 38 shared recipes.
@DCUKMod are we doing something wrong ? How do you and OH see them all?
I think I've found it. Check mine again. Go to settings in your account and check that your visibility is set to recipe circle. Then go further down the page and click on show followers then select me and add to recipe circle.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I've found it. Check mine again. Go to settings in your account and check that your visibility is set to recipe circle. Then go further down the page and click on show followers then select me and add to recipe circle.

Yay! Got them. Changed my profile to recipe circle too. Well done! Oh this is so exciting!

Reactions: zauberflote

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all hope you’ve had a good Valentine’s Day.
As sun promised after dense early morning fog decided to rush around and get essential tasks and duties done and then go on Valentine’s Day hike what a wonderful idea an amazing day. Believe it or not me and OH even caught the sun and have pink cheeks in mid February.
Accidental Omad as too busy first thing getting stuff sorted and then powered by flasks of coffee and cream on long hike - 24,000 steps.
Valentines dinner celeriac dauphinois ( why did I never do this before it’s amazing!) steak and buttered mushrooms with half a bottle of red wine followed by slice lc lemon cake with yoghurt and double cream yum!
Hope everyone has a lovely valentines evening. We are planning another hike tomorrow as we enjoyed today’s so much.