What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, there we went again. I'll have to stop making "best" plans because, rather more than oft', they gang aglae (frequently, in fact). Had to cut short my Sunday phone call to my brother twice because I suddenly knew my nausea was turning to something worse! After the 2nd time, I didn't phone him back, I just dropped onto my bed, intending to stay there until I felt my stomach settle. That was at 7 pm and I've just woken up. It's 11.25 pm. Clearly needed the sleep more than I needed to put anything back into my stomach. BG is 11.4 - don't know how that works, there was no food to be absorbed into my system and put it up. Just testing my stomach with a cup of tea. If I can keep that down, I should be OK at least to drink a bit more but I think I'll give up any idea of food until tomorrow morning. Not making any plans for breakfast, best laid or otherwise.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast was an omelette with bits of corned beef mixed through it.

A short time ago I made a milk shake with milk, very ripe banana and some over the top strawberries. Carb shouldn't be too high because I only had half of the mixture. My stomach was feeling very empty so I had to do something. I didn't feel up to chewing ham or cheese. It has occurred to me that the times when my stomach is at its worst is when I've gone for a long period with nothing to eat. That's why I thought I should put something into it before going out.

Possibly shan't eat again today - I have 2 appointments this afternoon, one for a diabetic eye test and the other with a dentist. I'm going to have to tell him that my new dental plate is useless! I've been trying to file bits off to make it more comfortable, with limited success. It is still grazing my gums as it goes in, comes out or in use. I may have a problem with inflamed gums, of course, but I can't use the plate for its main purpose - to eat with. To eat, it has to come out and be exchanged for my old one which has gaps where there should be teeth, but at least I can bite and chew with it. The new ones looks better, but what's the point of good looking, useless dentures?

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Breakfast - Grabbed some top side beef slice and a mug of tea before workout
Post work out - Last nights chilli con carne and cauliflower rice
BG 5.4 at 3 hours later but hungry now so off to stand in front of the cupboards!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a food dr bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Dinner: chicken breast stuffed with pork and apple with Brussels and a few slices of carrot followed by SF raspberry jelly and cream.

BB7F96AC-0E09-41C8-BA8D-27C6E66A5CF4.jpeg

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No breakfast. Tough workout at the swimming pool, so drank lots of water (from a water bottle not the pool water) had black coffee later.
Late lunch: scrambled eggs and mushrooms fried in butter, black coffee
Dinner: salmon, cream cheese, sugar snap peas, sugar free tonic water.
Fast was from 8pm Sunday to 2:30pm today. Feel better for it.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: damson mousse with chia seeds
L: hm lc tuna melt (tin tuna, 2 eggs, ground almonds and chia seeds cooked in microwave, cheese on top)
Tried a new quiz night at a local, but they didn't serve the food until 8:30 which blows my nothing after 6pm. Fish pie with a potato topping, not too much of the latter. Was least worse option from the restricted menu.
1 wine soda
Was good fun. Will go again

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So back to Sunday. Brekkie always slice LC toast, copious tea.
Lunch was buttery scrambled eggs.
Supper was sirloin steak & mushrooms.
Yesterday lunch cold turkey slices and salad. Ramekin of berries.
Supper was roasted chicken and Med veg. Then went on a late rampage of spoonfuls of crunchy peanut butter. Led to horrible FBG so need to knock that on the head.
@maglil55 I think Bath is my favourite city and that Ivy building is beautiful. I I agree restaurant menus are often easier to negotiate than pubs who often stick to old fashioned carb laden meals and rarely offer freshly cooked veg. I always look forward to a breakfast of scrambled eggs, mushrooms and tomato though!

PiersAaron

FOOD EATEN on 08222022
B: iced, black coffee, unsweetened ice tea, and lemon water.
L: left overs: home-made taboulleh, beef with broccoli, and spicy, sesame shirataki noodles. And one bowl of ground pork, mushroom, and cabbage stir fry.
Between L and D: unsweetened ice tea, and lemon water.
D: boiled cauliflower with cheddar and bacon, and 200g of strawberries with mix of almond milk and HWC.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Made just about the worst omelette I've made since I was 11. My 13 year old brother suggested we should make an omelette for lunch, since our parents were out. Unfortunately we chose a deep sided pan so we ended up with what we called a scromelette. Tasted OK, as I remember it, but it was a mess. This one was the same. Tasted fine but it was a mess. Also made some mushroom soup while I was at it. That'll do for tomorrow.

Reactions: Mrs T 123

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back to my meal of the moment - still using up stuff in the fridge before I go away for a few days. Feta almost gone - just about enough left for one more round of this. Think the lurking bacon will be going into the next batch. Followed this up with some 85% chocolate (loving the Lidl stuff) melted in a ramekin with a bit of whipped cream added.

CB20051D-7E0C-4FD6-97D3-4E80E360273A.jpeg

D

Deleted member 556660

Breakfast - raspberry, strawberry and blueberry with plain yoghurt
Lunch - green salad, ham, tomatoes (straight from the greenhouse so still nicely warm) and spring onion
Tea - mushroom omelette... I do like a good omelette made with free range eggs from just down the lane....

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: corned beef hash, made with corned beef, cauli rice and onions followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: last of the damson mousse with a few extra blackberries
Dancing
L: a pack of bbq flavoured pork scratchings and bit of cheese and ham while making yoghurt, and reboiling damson jelly that didn't set the first time ( that's proper stuff, not for lc). Also got some damson vodka underway for Christmas (yes I said the C word, sorry everyone)
More dancing
D: chicken fricassee on shredded cabbage. 4 sqs chocolate

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fage yogurt raspberries and black coffee for breakfast
A nibble of cheddar and black coffee for lunch
Ham and egg salad, with low sugar tonic water for dinner.
A snack of six almonds and a cupof mock mocha coffee made with decaff, a small piece of melted 85% chocolate, and coconut milk, this evening, because I felt like having a shorter overnight fast today.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Toasted cheese and onion sandwiches for breakfast.
Savoury lamb's liver and bacon,onions, mre mashed potatoes for lunch.
Pea and ham soup, two slices toast for supper at six.

Glass of single malt bfeore going to bed.

Just put our online grocery order in, couple of items were out of stock so clicked the linkto see wht they suggest to replace, one link turned out to be for Frey Supreme Dark Intense 91% Chocolate Block 100g for $4.00. Ordered a couple of s;abs to try.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/84593/frey-supreme-dark-intense-91-chocolate-block

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: Cream of mushroom soup with croutons - the old Dualit toaster works fine after Neil stripping it down and cleaning it, so I will try to sell it on the local "Buy, Swap and Sell" website. Or rather I'll probably ask DIL to do it for me.

It won't keep me going all day though so, since it's all ready to go I will have ready my baked cod with cheese sauce (Seriously Strong) and roasted French beans. Even if I'm tired, surely I can just shove those in the oven. Em will be here, but not so late today - her Dad will pick her up on his way home from work. Nothing else arranged for today so I should get around to eating. Still - no promises to myself on that!

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch was a small amount of cheese and a salad of lettuce, cucumber, olives and red pepper, with a slosh of olive oil.. Dinner will be our once-a-fortnight treat of 2 eggs, 2 rashers bacon, 1 sausage made by our local butcher, and some mushrooms.