What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Marathon journey from Cornwall to Scarborough today. It took 11.5 hrs. Av speed 35mph!
Tea first thing
10:30 1 h/b egg at the first coffee stop. ( I’d packed supplies)
1:30 : SLC roll filled with beef and mustard. 1 Fatt bar
20:30 arrived in the nick of time as hotel restaurant was just taking last orders. Had ribeye steak, mushroom, tomato, broccoli and red wine. It tasted like the best meal ever.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Small rib steak, two well done fried eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes, couple of slices of vegimite on toast for breakfast.
Savoury liver, bacon, onions and veggies for lunch.
Chopped up banana prawns in three egg and cheese omelette. for supper at six.

Small single malt whisky before bed.

Went to see my GP at the medical practise, first time I have been there in about six months as I have mainly phone and home vists from her. There was some new faces in the reception area that I have not seen before.

She is happy with my body in general, and she also signed off on my home oxygen setup request form for another year from MASS for free.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to see my GP at the medical practise, first time I have been there in about six months as I have mainly phone and home vists from her. There was some new faces in the reception area that I have not seen before.
Ooops! This is not correct, I forgot I went for a medication review a little while back, starting to get ol' timerz.

• Friendly
Reactions: Annb

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Small rib steak, two well done fried eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes, couple of slices of vegimite on toast for breakfast.
Savoury liver, bacon, onions and veggies for lunch.
Chopped up banana prawns in three egg and cheese omelette. for supper at six.

Small single malt whisky before bed.

She is happy with my body in general, and she also signed off on my home oxygen setup request form for another year from MASS for free.

Good result from GP, glad you’ve got the free oxygen for another year.
Steak and eggs is my absolute favourite breakfast. It reminds me of the Elton John song Writing from Captain Fantastic which I loved.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had a 3 egg, cheese omelette. That's the main meal of the day. I might have something a bit later on - we'll see how the bg goes. Staying away from veg still. Don't want to take chances. So it will have to be some kind of protein.

On my 2nd cup of coffee (to see if it will help my liver) after 3 cups of tea. Trying hard to acquire the coffee taste but I don't really like it very much. It would be OK if it was a latte, but just black or just with milk doesn't float my boat.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Try it with cream if your health allows.
I'd forgotten about cream - I used to have it that way years ago. Must get some in and try it. I don't stint on fats, although maybe I should with my liver being in state it is. Honestly don't know if I should or shouldn't - different advice around the place, as usual. But I do like my butter and streaky bacon.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On my 2nd cup of coffee (to see if it will help my liver) after 3 cups of tea. Trying hard to acquire the coffee taste but I don't really like it very much. It would be OK if it was a latte, but just black or just with milk doesn't float my boat.
Haven’t tried it myself (apart from anything I don’t drink coffee) but apparently stirring a beaten egg yolk in is good and quite creamy.

I’ve been contemplating trying it in tea.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guess what..I’m lagging behind again!
Back to Thursday. All brekkies are slice of LC toast, good butter, copious tea.
Lunch half a pack of sliced chicken with mixed salad.
supper was chorizo & tomato omelette.
Friday (yesterday) was chicken soup as felt chilly. Then tea and DGF brownie.
Supper was chunky cod fingers (delayed from the day before aka Fish Finger Firsday. Today lunch was small bit of quiche and mixed salad and 1h/b egg.
supper will be Chicken Shaslik from Waitrose and cauli rice from the freezer!
A couple of Tanqueray Blackcurrant gins with soda beforehand!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Haven’t tried it myself (apart from anything I don’t drink coffee) but apparently stirring a beaten egg yolk in is good and quite creamy.

I’ve been contemplating trying it in tea.
Do you know, my stomach is already protesting about that, and I've only just read it! I suppose it's worth a try but it really doesn't sound very nice.

I wonder if cream with coffee would do the job just as well if the coffee was strong enough.
Edit: that is - whipped double cream with some strong black coffee poured over it, or mixed with it, like whipped chocolate cream.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I've taken out of the freezer one of the pork and cheese sausages that I made the other day. I didn't put them in skins so they are not links. Each one is a single, thick sausage about a foot long, wrapped in clingfilm to make it sausage-like. Without skin, or something to hold it together, I had to steam it in the clingfilm and now am leaving it to cool. Some of that will be my second protein meal today - cut into slices and, probably, fried.

Had 3 coffees so far today and I think that will be enough for one day. Water or tea from now on.

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
How is that possible?!
I know. Usually it is more but as I am trying to loose weight am being a bit more careful than usual. Mind you when I eat it with celery it will be more :cool:

moraccomoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had 2 servings of a snack that had potato, yogurt and sweet syrup made with dates. 1 hour reading was 159. After 2 hour reading, sugar levels came to 123.

Glad that my pancreas could manage this high carb food. I won't be putting my system into test like this often.

Last edited:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 slices slc bread toasted and filled with ham & egg roll. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - Large mushroom & onion omlette. Possibly 1 or 2 chips. Too much dgf white chocolate (I have told myself it is ok as it is the weekend and I deserve a treat after working hard all week! and I have not been too bad recently - see I am trying to convince myself ...

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
Breakfast 2 fried eggs , 2x bacon , peice of fried chorizo, 1 x sausage and an avacado
Lunch .Steak strips fried with prawns ,broccoli and mushrooms with a little soy sauce over it
Dinner. Chicken stirfry and veg mix . Was made by someone else I'll wait and see how bg are in a bit as think it was very carby .
90% chocolate , handfull of walnuts
3 coffee's

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Learnt a very cool trick today for the quickest blue cheese sauce!

Cook vegetable of choice.
Melt crème frâiche and a strong blue cheese.
Add cooked veg to the pot with the blue cheese sauce.

That's all!
I started with frying some fresh garlic first before adding the cheese and crème frâiche but without will taste fine as well. I expect this will work with other types of cheese too, but I used a blue one comparable to Danish blue, perhaps just a tad milder.

Had it with very fresh green beans bought from a little stall on the roadside with a box to put money in, someone adding to their income with the proceeds of their veggie garden. :joyful:
And meatballs that are less than half meat. The other half consists of chopped onion, grated cheese, an egg, garlic, a fresh chilli pepper and some things to add flavour, turned out very tasty!

1664051740659.png

Last edited: