What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I can still remember one song I learned in 1959. Daar bij die molen, die mooie molen, Daar woont een meisje waar ik zo veel van houd. Daar bij die molen, die mooie molen, daar zal ik wonen als zij eens wordt mijn vrou.!!!!
If you want to hear it again, here it is, with subtitles if you turn them on. :)

Today was another of trying to get rid of most of the rust on the winch to hoist the sail with, lots of rain so not really a fun working day. The rust of course is in all the hard to reach nooks and crannies. Pic to give you an idea.

1711561152301.png

I didn't feel like bringing another low carb sandwich for breakfast/lunch, so I brought 3 duck eggs (ate two) and a piece of dried sausage.
I went to the gym straight from the shipyard, and only found out that my face was full of black dirt and rust when I got there. The funny thing is, my friend arrived at the gym full of white dust, she had been doing woodwork on a different shipyard! :hilarious:

The cold swim afterwards was very welcome to get rid of everything sticking to our faces and in our hair!

1711561578546.png

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you want to hear it again, here it is, with subtitles if you turn them on. :)

Today was another of trying to get rid of most of the rust on the winch to hoist the sail with, lots of rain so not really a fun working day. The rust of course is in all the hard to reach nooks and crannies. Pic to give you an idea.

View attachment 66925

I didn't feel like bringing another low carb sandwich for breakfast/lunch, so I brought 3 duck eggs (ate two) and a piece of dried sausage.
I went to the gym straight from the shipyard, and only found out that my face was full of black dirt and rust when I got there. The funny thing is, my friend arrived at the gym full of white dust, she had been doing woodwork on a different shipyard! :hilarious:

The cold swim afterwards was very welcome to get rid of everything sticking to our faces and in our hair!

View attachment 66926
What a lovely song!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 66925

View attachment 66926
Looks like a tough and fiddly job well done you on managing despite the rain as well as taking your delicious low carb snack. You must be very proud of how it's going but no doubt looking forward to (hopefully) an Easter Weekend break. It's quite chilly here we managed some fence painting in between showers but needed gloves!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So much rain last few months and has led to cancellation of our towns annual duck Race which was planned for Easter Monday. Everyone taking part drops their ducks - home made or the little plastic ones - from the bridge and canoeists are a few meters down at end of town boundary both to judge winners and also net all the ducks so they don't go downstream and pollute the river. It's too high for canoeists to be safe.this is what it usually looks like!
XT7RC4WA2RFCRI6CFF5PUHLUB4.jpg

So no fun duck throwing this year!
Today
Small kefir then out fence painting in between showers
Lunchtime scrambled three eggs served with one slice of LC toast followed by hm yoghurt and frozen berries
Dinner hm Bolognese then LC berry crumble

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So much rain last few months and has led to cancellation of our towns annual duck Race which was planned for Easter Monday. Everyone taking part drops their ducks - home made or the little plastic ones - from the bridge and canoeists are a few meters down at end of town boundary both to judge winners and also net all the ducks so they don't go downstream and pollute the river. It's too high for canoeists to be safe.this is what it usually looks like!
View attachment 66927
So no fun duck throwing this year!
Today
Small kefir then out fence painting in between showers
Lunchtime scrambled three eggs served with one slice of LC toast followed by hm yoghurt and frozen berries
Dinner hm Bolognese then LC berry crumble
What a pity for the race to be cancelled, it looks great fun! The weather is awful, so cold, windy and rainy today. Well done to you for getting anything done in these conditions!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@MommaE another fan of sauerkraut and fermented veg in general here!
@shelley262 glad your vision issues have gone. It’s quite ironic that the duck race has been cancelled due to the wet weather! I know your area is prone to flooding so I hope it goes down soon. I’m heartily sick of rain.
@Annb Pickled is the only way I like cucumber. I’d never come across it before meeting my husband’s Yorkshire family. They had it with Sunday tea or any buffet meal.
@Antje77 that’s a perfect egg! Glad you didn’t have to climb up that mast by the way.
Todays food..
No breakfast as I have Aquafit Wed am.
L- tuna Niçoise salad then h/m yoghurt with seeds and blueberries.
D- Sow cooked turkey leg, shredded and mixed with a pot of leftover butter chicken sauce I found in the freezer. Added some mushrooms and served with broccoli. Couple of glasses sugar free white wine and a DGF Notella egg
IMG_1711567461.835439.jpg

RosemaryJackson

View attachment 66925

View attachment 66926
Geweldig! Thank you so much. I loved it. Brought back some wonderful memories

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a Aldi protein bar.
Dinner: 1/4 pound beef burger halved onto the two halves of a LC roll with cheese and leafy salad.

2024-03-27 19.15.09.jpeg

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
L Hummous (think I spell that differently every time!) feta and salad
Evening @sueh21. Unfortunately, the transliteration from arabic, which uses a different alphabet, has resulted in more than one spelling appearing in print. Hummus or houmous seem to be the most widely accepted variants in English.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a Aldi protein bar.
Dinner: 1/4 pound beef burger halved onto the two halves of a LC roll with cheese and leafy salad.

View attachment 66929

Good idea to halve the burger and have 2 open topped buns. Makes it seem like a much more substantial meal.

ravensmitten

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all, mad busy, hope you are all well, did have a read back and noted you all have such lovely meals (inspiring)

As for me, I ate a whole packet of prepared kebabs (usually make my own) as I was pressed for time and hadn't eaten all day. Was getting quite hangry.

almost 400g of meat! :bag:

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You'd think that, being on this island, with a good few herring fishermen, we would be able to get gresh herring. But we can't. I think they all offload directly to a mainland port and they get sold to the mainland market rather than bringing some home here.
How exasperating! @Annb. So close and yet unobtainable.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Late breakfast of 1 hard boiled egg and 2 slices the Easter bread - which doesn't seem to be spiking my sugars much at all.
A very cold walk around a town. Bought 2 new t shirts in the hopes summer will eventually arrive.
Cafe lunch, had a sausage and egg bap but left the bap. Tried a peppermint and liquorice tea - far too sweet though nothing sweet listed on the ingredients.
Another longish cold walk with a friend
4:30 ish ended up in a pub to get warm. I had a brandy and soda (wine felt too cold)
Late supper as being cooked for.
Chicken Morocco, green veg. 1 strawberry and 2 chunks pineapple. Comte cheese. 1 red wine.

Later, far too many sqs lidl dark chocolate with caramel. 1 sq is OK for me, but not 6!!!

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 66925

View attachment 66926
Geweldig! What a lovely song @Antje77. Dankjewel and dankewol for posting.

Those duck eggs look tasty. Are the shells thicker than hen's eggs?

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter, avocado and four tiger prawns seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L:Melanzane alla parmigiana, using aubergine without breading or flour, passata, mozzarella, parmesan, olive oil, oregano, garlic and basil. Omitted breadcrumb topping from mine and finished with extra parmesan.
Braised cavolo nero with garlic and toasted almonds.
Skipped pud.
Water to drink.

D: Seafood salad made with brown shrimps and mussels, rocket, Romano peppers, celery, baby plum tomatoes, Kalamata olives, oregano and salad onions, dressed with an olive oil, balsamic and garlic vinaigrette, topped with pecan halves.
Water to wash down tablets.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Geweldig! Thank you so much. I loved it. Brought back some wonderful memories
You're welcome!
It's amazing how music can trigger memories. :)

Evening meal was more of the broccoli dish, with a sausage for a change.
There's another sausage for tomorrow, and there's also a half portion of broccoli left, but I doubt I want to eat it yet another day. We'll see what tomorrows evening meal will be.

1711580875614.png

I'm so sorry about your duck race!
I love duck races since I found a racing duck in the harbour of Terschelling a couple of years ago.
It looked very weathered, pale on the back from the sun and a little shrunken, but it still had a barely readable number on its chest.
Turned out it was part of a duck race in Dublin two years minus a day before, and it must have escaped the net to find its way to our most fun island!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Geweldig! What a lovely song @Antje77. Dankjewel and dankewol for posting.

Those duck eggs look tasty. Are the shells thicker than hen's eggs?
They are!
Also, the eggs are larger than hen's eggs, the yolks ar bigger ( :hungry: ) and more firm in consistency even if soft boiled, and the whites are slightly gifferent in consistency as well.

My neighbour from down the road came over for a beer, and she also gave me a nice surprise backrub, very welcome after working in odd positions.
And she advised kissing my neighbour-in-the-garden because he's good at it.
I give up, life is more complicated than you could make up.

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Today was A1C test day so as usual testing was followed by non low carb treats and extra insulin. Local French bakery macaron, just one, for lunch, or with lunch of Greek salad, and fast food store poutine with a home made fried piece of chicken breast for dinner, tasty treat but not to be oft repeated.
Somewhat ironically i‘ve just today started reading the book Ultra processed people. I don’t remember who here recommended it but so far very enlightening and thought provoking.