What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: bacon and eggs. Finished with some Greek yoghurt mixed with some double cream to take my huge pile of pills with.

2nd meal will be: haddock goujons fried in a new crumb mixture I am going to try out. I think it is going to be my invention, but in the past, every time I have done something I have thought unique, I later find that someone else has done it as well, so no claims, especially since I haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 2
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
Chicken tomato Cucumber salad
Slice of cheese, tomato and smoked salmon.

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast hm kefir then fried a few mushrooms and one slice of bacon and egg
Lunch kimchi and a few olives with some comte cheese then a few strawberries and hm yoghurt plus a few squares of 100% chocolate
Dinner hm curry with LC roti and fresh coriander followed by LC Blondie and decaffeinated coffee.
In garden much of day and just about to head out again to do some planting as it's cooling down.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2 scrambled eggs.
2 pieces proper cake at village event. There was so much cake we were given a lot to bring home. It's now all in the freezer. Hoping I'll forget its there
L: ham, followed by yoghurt and blackberries
D: 2 chicken thighs with broccoli and leeks, flavoured with a couple of spoonfuls of the sauce from hubbys curry ready meal. Coffee ice cream with chopped hazelnuts and chopped 85% chocolate

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: same as yesterday, see pic!

2024-05-11 19.07.38.jpeg

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs and scallops, asparagus spears smothered with butter, all seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Aperitif: dry white wine.
Tuna steaks rolled in finely chopped celery and oregano, baked with Romano peppers and mushrooms, moistened with double cream and topped with extra mature Cheddar cheese.
Steamed French beans and mangetout with a knob of butter.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.
Four squares, Montezuma's Absolute Black 100% cocoa chocolate.

D: Seafood salad made with king prawns and brown shrimps, avocado, baby plum tomatoes, salad onions and Kalamata olives with home-made aioli for dipping and topped with roasted macadamia nuts.
Water to wash down tablets.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: bacon and eggs. Finished with some Greek yoghurt mixed with some double cream to take my huge pile of pills with.

2nd meal will be: haddock goujons fried in a new crumb mixture I am going to try out. I think it is going to be my invention, but in the past, every time I have done something I have thought unique, I later find that someone else has done it as well, so no claims, especially since I haven't tried it yet.
It was very tasty, but not as I had intended because I couldn't access my boxes of nuts and could only find cashews and then I went and put too much butter into the mix so it was a paste rather than a crumb. Small changes to make then. Good start though.

What I used was a big handful of cashews, some dill, some sea salt, some parmesan gratings, lemon zest, all ground up into a coarse powder and then went and spoiled it with a dollop of butter whizzed in rather than the melted butter added bit by bit to get the crumble consistency I was looking for. Next time, other nuts and less butter and done properly.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll make up for the lack of veggies tomorrow: Lidl sold 750 grams of white asparagus for only Є2,50, which I'll have with my neighbour, and I fully expect we'll finish the bag between the two of us. :hungry:

They're rather thin so I'll have lots of peels. I've never made asparagus soup before, but it may be just the thing to make for next week.
So what is your go to asparagus soup recipe, I can use some tips!
Yesterday was lots of asparagus with slices of ham, hard boiled eggs mashed with butter, and a small pork chop provided by my neighbour. :hungry:

I had a plan for today with an experimental asparagus and nettle soup but life got in the way and I ended up with a LC sandwich with ham after catching chickens at one of my neighbours.
A generous portion of chicory and hummus, and pork scratchings with aioli will be had in bed shortly.

I've also been hauling wood with my neighbour, and with my basal still being too high I was very happy with the gift of portion sized bags of crisps today (https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-parallel-chat.177870/post-2699163), one small bag throughout the day did the job of mostly keeping me above 4 despite unplanned wood hauling and chicken catching!

edit: Oh, I even made a picture of yesterdays meal, I completely forgot but here it is. :joyful:

1715466331895.png

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. I have a chicken leg (air-fried) plus cauli and broccoli and also 2 Jersey Royals for lunch. For tea, beetroot, celery, radish, spring onion, raw cauli, sauerkraut and 1 small slice 50/50 bread with butter. I have a jar of Kimchi but it has a lot of chilli in it and my digestion can't cope with chilli so it's going back to it's donor! (It was a present). Have a lovely sunny Sunday everybody. :happy:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Bacon is on for my breakfast - have to figure out how to get to the back porch fridge to get some eggs out - Neil has been working out there again and the doorway is impassable for me.

There's a pork shoulder joint in the oven cooking slowly for another meal later in the day. Might dare to have some vegetable or other with it - those are in the back porch fridge as well but there's quite a selection there, if I can get to them..

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely breakfast of 2 dippy eggs with soldiers made from hm lc cheesy soda bread. Yum yum.

L: full fat yoghurt with blackberries and hazelnuts. 1 sq 85 chocolate.

D: will be at local South Indian restaurant. Starter will be either a dry mussel dish or some form of tandoori meat. Main I'm fancying sea soup . Mouths watering already

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had massive storm here but it's cleared the air and feeling less oppressive.
Breakfast hm kefir (have had to put some grains to rest again in fridge for a couple of days as supply due to hot weather is definitely outstripping our consumption!) Then fried one slice of bacon and egg plus a few mushrooms
Lunch kimchi with cheese then a few strawberries and hm yoghurt
Dinner roast chicken with asparagus then LC chocolate brownie.