What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Normal breakfast and lunch, a lot of lucozade (stupid weather) and the most gorgeous crust less leek, bacon and cabbage quiche with salad. Totally mucked up the count so I've guessed oops. X

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Fried breakfast at a café. Eggs bacon mushroom black pudding fried onion. I had to guess the nutrients. My appetite is so much lower now I could barely finish it.

Coconut water, 17 gch. 250 ml , mixed with 300 ml sparkling water.

My BG is rising so I guess I underestimated the carbs in the onions and black pudding.

Dinner a big piece of pork shoulder and big portion of sauceless cole slaw in a pub. Very tasty and as low carb as you like.

Blood sugar is still rising and I think it might be a pump infusion set failure. :(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I've had:

Scrambled eggs on rye

King prawn salad

An almond cupcake (semi diabetic friendly as I've not quite mastered it)

Quick fish pie (mashed cauli, poached smoke trout, cheese and cream) with asparagus washed down with water. It was so good!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014.

Dazza72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being grumpy
Had two weetabix with a splash of semi skimmed milk n chopped banana for breakfast, is that ok? Normally have porridge with some form of chopped fruit. I really like eggs, but after hearing all the stories of how bad they are for you (thanks Internet!! ) not sure if I should have them or not lol

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Had two weetabix with a splash of semi skimmed milk n chopped banana for breakfast, is that ok? Normally have porridge with some form of chopped fruit. I really like eggs, but after hearing all the stories of how bad they are for you (thanks Internet!! ) not sure if I should have them or not lol
Sorry Dazza, your breakfast would send my blood through the roof. Every bit of it is high carb. Are you checking your bg levels with a monitor? Eggs are a great choice. They got a bad rep a few years ago, but this was wrong. They are perfect for breakfast.

Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Not OK at all. Go on, be a devil and have 2 scrambled eggs or a good old fry up with eggs, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes. Failing that, a plain full fat yogurt with fresh raspberries or some other berries and nuts.

Dazza72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being grumpy
I'm such a nOOb lol, thought porridge was s'posed to be good for you.....d'oh!!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

It's a lot to learn, but you will soon get the hang of it. Just shout if you have any questions.

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Porridge is ok from whole oats. I have it most days and my BG is fine with it.

Weetabix on the other hand would rocket...

Dazza72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being grumpy
This food thing really is a complete minefield, just watched a diabetic food show on YouTube when they say eating fruit is good, then that website says avoid it......told to avoid eggs because of cholesterol, then people are saying they're great....head is spinning, info overload lol

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm tempted to start a book!

I think you need to experiment with foods and the effect on your own BG.

Trial and error. Eggs aren't a problem if you don't have cholesterol issues...

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Im getting through a tray (30) of eggs in 2 weeks. Thats breakfast, low carb peanut butter brownies and low carb ice cream, amongst other uses.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast 97% sausage, turkey bacon, mushrooms, tomato, poached egg
lunch more tandoori chicken salad
dinner slow cooked belly pork and onions in cyder vinegar and stock, heap of runner beans, baby cauliflower cheese and tablespoon carrots
snack babybel and small handful nuts

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I ate exactly the same today as I did yesterday (except I didn't forget my metformin this evening).

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On waking: cheese string

Breakfast: bulletproof coffee (this stuff is rocket fuel!)

Lunch: chicken breast, mayo, a stray exante sachet I found in the cupboard. Toffee nut. Nice.

Evening: moussaka, jelly and double cream. BG 5.6 before. 6.7 two hours later. Delighted!

Last thing: cheese string

Curiously, I seem to have adjusted to the incessant cheese stringing. They have become a habit. I barely notice them.

o_O

Any ideas for an alternative with a smidge more nutrition?

Status
Not open for further replies.