Not open for further replies.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I've bought a julienne peeler but haven't tried it out yet. Given I have ended up at A and E opening a tin, I may let someone else be the responsible adult
Got one 4 years ago when my son had just been born, decided to try and make the wife a valentines dinner, started with a carrot and was amazed how good it sliced, then tried slicing carrot again minus the bit you hold and ended up cutting the very tip of my middle finger off (bloody hurt) it did get me out of nappy duties for 6 months tho and any kitchen prep, every cloud and all that :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Not sure if I should have liked that, but that was my worry.
Just re read that
Got one 4 years ago when my son had just been born, decided to try and make the wife a valentines dinner, started with a carrot and was amazed how good it sliced, then tried slicing carrot again minus the bit you hold and ended up cutting the very tip of my middle finger off (bloody hurt) it did get me out of nappy duties for 6 months tho and any kitchen prep, every cloud and all that :)

Just re-read that. Was it a mandolin you got by any chance?
they are really lethal.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Woweeee to those awfully posh pork scratchings! Finally a crisp replacement but I don't think I should've had TWO bags!!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 2 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Eat the rich.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brekkie: crust less quiche

Lunch: Brie and pork scratchings. My goodness what a fantastic work lunch.
Apart from the gentle odour of Brie escaping from my handbag. Note to self: use locknlock in future. Anyway, kept me fully compos mentis til after 6 pm! No lows, no sagging, drifting or napping! Wonderful.

Dinner: pulled pork, with cheese and cream cheese stirred in, then a low carb hot choc.
6.1 after 2 hours.

Perhaps a veg or 2 tomorrow...

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I did want to laugh though at one point as she had a new health care assistant in with her , an Eastern European lad who was very sweet and after measuring my waist and weight asked if he should do my height again. If only losing weight and having diabetes could make you grow taller.
Years ago I discovered I was an inch shorter than I had always believed. It really screws up your BMI when that happens :wideyed:

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So what really cracked me up when I was taking this picture...
the yellow face-recognition frame appeared on my phone and kept zeroing in over the yoghurt :woot: Nailed it !!

Breakfast: Fage (or should that be Face) yoghurt with raspberries, blueberries and flaxseed

Yoghurt.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So what really cracked me up when I was taking this picture...
the yellow face-recognition frame appeared on my phone and kept zeroing in over the yoghurt :woot: Nailed it !!

Breakfast: Fage (or should that be Face) yoghurt with raspberries, blueberries and flaxseed

View attachment 5770
Is the guy in that photo having his heart checked out? Those lips look a bit blue for my liking?;)

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think we have a winner!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Streaky bacon and eggs

No lunch as had torture chamber instead at 12.30 (aka dentist). :(

Pulled pork and salad.

Jelly and cream later.

This could be last day of Atkins Induction so nuts and strawbs here I come! Maybe.....

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunch: cheesy omelette

Dinner: pizza

I tried this recipe with mixed success http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/amazing-pizza/. I made 2 x 8 inchers (just as well as the first one burned under the grill :facepalm:)

Pros: it doesn't stick to the baking tray. It holds together so can be eaten with fingers.
Cons: base is too thick. I think if the base was thinner and left to go cold then reheated with the toppings it would be better. Will try again.

Sorry, no smiley faced food. The quest for an edible pizza is a very serious business o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Doesn't the almond flour and the coconut flour taste ... well to almondy and coconutty?

Status
Not open for further replies.