What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

@DJC3 -- Enjoy your trip.

Yesterday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: About 2/3 of a Lidl protein roll with Rambol (a soft cheese and walnut concoction.)

Dinner: Three scrambled eggs with okra and cheese. A small serving of cole slaw. A bowl of mushroom-zucchini-cream soup. A tiny sliver of low-carb carrot cake (which at this rate is going to last another two weeks). A glass of red wine.

Last edited:

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Nice walk!
Thanks, Goonergal. It is leg 6 of the Capital Ring for London. A friend and I have now completed all of the Green Chain, the Jubilee Greenway, the Thames North side and the Thames Southside. We will never be gym bunnies but are happy to explore our very green city.

Reactions: ziggy_w

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can we stop with all the advent calendar, jumpers and IP talk please - bringing on my conniptions again. I have an IP, loads of jumpers, from M to XL, but have never in 63.5 years had an advent calendar.
Can I suggest you break with tradition this year, I hear Hotel Chocolat do a very comprehensive range of advent calendars, failing that you could treat yourself to a delicious body lotion hehe :p

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. We’ve just arrived, it’s lovely though the weather is quite balmy so no storms on the horizon yet. We’ve got a sea view and lots of wine and cheese though so I’m very happy.

Sounds like the perfect afternoon -- nothing better than this. Glad you are enjoying your time there.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. We’ve just arrived, it’s lovely though the weather is quite balmy so no storms on the horizon yet. We’ve got a sea view and lots of wine and cheese though so I’m very happy.
Where are you? I've obviously missed something along the way.

Reactions: ianpspurs

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know price is great which is why I rushed in, But reflection brought me to my senses! Thanks again.
Well I succumbed and bought No 1 s Christmas present. He's been going on about Cozmo - a robot but as he is a Lego freak I've been watching a Lego Boost set which is an introduction to robotics for 7 - 12 year olds. Limited time deal took 45% off it. I got it for £82 - now sitting with only £10 off at £139.99.
Looks good. He can build and code 5 different robots with this. Suspect his Dad might like the coding bit as well.

Reactions: jayney27

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can we stop with all the advent calendar, jumpers and IP talk please - bringing on my conniptions again. I have an IP, loads of jumpers, from M to XL, but have never in 63.5 years had an advent calendar.
I got the boys a Playmobile Advent calendar for the wee one and a Lego Star Wars one for No1 with a few £'s off.
Although the wee one told me "It's very nice but I'd rather have a cheapy chocolate one"

Reactions: Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, Goonergal. It is leg 6 of the Capital Ring for London. A friend and I have now completed all of the Green Chain, the Jubilee Greenway, the Thames North side and the Thames Southside. We will never be gym bunnies but are happy to explore our very green city.

That’s fantastic. I’m working my way around various canals and the Thames Path. So many great walks.

Reactions: DJC3 and ziggy_w

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I suggest you break with tradition this year, I hear Hotel Chocolat do a very comprehensive range of advent calendars, failing that you could treat yourself to a delicious body lotion hehe :p

@ianpspurs how about a jumper shaped advent calendar which contains a mixture of Chocolate, IP recipes and knitting patterns?

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Quick update before hitting the gym - going tonight instead of the morning to see if I can then persuade my body to sleep a bit longer over the weekend. BG meter is finally coming up with sensible looking readings for the time of day. Let’s hope it lasts.

Lunch was smoked salmon and M&S whipped creamy cheese.

Dinner was a small fathead pizza - fitted easily on a side plate - with pepperoni and salami. Best crust to date. Followed up with 29g of the Hotel Chocolat 65% milk with hazelnuts. May have to buy some more of that.

Attachments

• 9B900D9F-3376-41AB-B434-DC70DDEC6CD2.jpeg
    9B900D9F-3376-41AB-B434-DC70DDEC6CD2.jpeg
    786.4 KB · Views: 278

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A674BB30-FDCE-44A6-ADDF-2D4A2A93888D.jpeg
Working today on pc at home mixed in with forays in to kitchen for cooking tonight’s pudding. Made Diet doctor raspberry jam with chia seeds - cooled it and then used it below clafoutis sponge mix - which I increased by 50% to make 12 low carb versions of raspberry sponge puddings - delicious see photo. That’s 6 nights puddings for two of us! Keep us going over the week. Warmed in microwave for a few secs and served with yoghurt or cream!
Breakfast one slice of bacon, mushrooms and egg
Lunch one slice of Hilo toast with pate followed by a few nuts and one square of 81% choc
Dinner 2 lamb loin chops with mushroom sauce and celeriac parmentier and glass of red wine then pudding the low carb version of raspberry jam sponge pudding with fage 5% Greek yoghurt. The tops tasted almost toffeeish delicious.
Working on PC again Saturday and Sunday too so may need some more treats! Work has been neglectedof late of necessity so trying to catch up!

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s my first advent calendar in 63 years too - don’t you like chocolate? I’m really excited about my first calendar

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Friday evening everyone, @Goonergal i hope the gym pays off and you manage to get some extra Zzzz’s this weekend
Enjoy your beach break @DJC3
Quick update re my moment of weakness and Black Friday shopping, I too had a change of heart, I cancelled my instant pot, as much as I would like one I can live without it this side of Christmas, my 3 grandchildren can benefit instead. There @ianpspurs are you proud of me? The advent calendar is here to stay however ;)
Now onto menu for today
Coffee with cream, omelette with ham and feta
L cauliflower soup with small pack of pork scratchings
Mid afternoon coffee and PhD bar
D salmon, asparagus wrapped in bacon, mushrooms, fried egg and mayo, glass of wine