What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I looked at some 80% supermilk but it had more carbs than the 65% with hazelnuts (they’re whole hazelnuts). 14 servings for the Yule log is very optimistic, although it looks very rich. My Dad likes dark chocolate too. His wife doesn’t so we may get it all to ourselves! The Hotel Chocolat range is quite unpredictable - can’t just judge by the cocoa percentage.
I know its weird it has more carbs but it was a pressie and bought by son who thought the higher % cocoa the better - other prob with HC is that the print on the small bars is so small it makes sense to do your homework before you go into the shop so you don't have to peer at lots of wrappers!!!

Reactions: maglil55

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Now there’s a woman after my own heart.

Cold here too. Wearing one of my many new jumpers! Just back from Pilates (seems to be the day for Pilates/Yoga) which brought my BG down to the lowest reading of the day. Freezing in the hall though. Will need a new Pilates jumper ;)

Lunch was M&S Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos.

Dinner was 2 Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages, 3 rashers streaky bacon and 1 fried egg followed by a little piece of deliciousness: 27g of Hotel Chocolat 65% supermilk chocolate with hazelnuts. Was worried it would be too sweet, but not so. Very smooth and very rich. Bodes well for the supermilk advent calendar @shelley262 - I also bought one of those. Nutty Yule Log has arrived at my Dad’s.
I have an advent from hotel chocolat waiting for me this year too

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal (@ianpspurs , cover your ears now!) - According to the official UK IP FB group, the 6ltr IP is going to be on offer tomorrow on Amazon.

Roger, over and out.

Omg I’m setting my alarm early!
Been looking all week - I’d promised eldest daughter one for Christmas in a rash moment. Yahoo!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late posting as we went out straight after dinner.
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: chorizo and Gouda rollitos with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: raspberry chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: extra strong cheddar omelette with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal (@ianpspurs , cover your ears now!) - According to the official UK IP FB group, the 6ltr IP is going to be on offer tomorrow on Amazon.

Roger, over and out.

Thanks! Ordered one in a flurry of excitement and then reconsidered and cancelled the order!! Had to be realistic about storage space and likely usage. If the mini one ever shows up here that would be an option - have been keeping an eye out for that.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks! Ordered one in a flurry of excitement and then reconsidered and cancelled the order!! Had to be realistic about storage space and likely usage. If the mini one ever shows up here that would be an option - have been keeping an eye out for that.

Its easy to get carried away isn’t it? I was thinking about my daughter’s tiny kitchen last night and wondering where she’s going to put it - when I’ve taken mine round there we’ve had to put a chopping board on the hob and put it on that - not ideal.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a fabulous price Gg, but I get what you say about space.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can we stop with all the advent calendar, jumpers and IP talk please - bringing on my conniptions again. I have an IP, loads of jumpers, from M to XL, but have never in 63.5 years had an advent calendar.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its easy to get carried away isn’t it?

Sure is. Even my flat was bought on the fly - saw ads for new builds on the train and before you knew it I was in the sales office paying a deposit. That was a good decision though.

Sure your daughter will love her IP.

Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
£79.99
Got one for my daughter, it was quite exciting waiting up til midnight watching for it with the FB group.
Thanks ever so much for the heads up
Yes I spotted it and I'm glad everyone else was alerted. Only £10 more than what I paid for mine through the Good Food subscribers club.
Sorry @ianpspurs! They also have the spare sealing ring at £5.99.

Reactions: DJC3