What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m glad you like the herby crackers @shelley262 , now the builders have finished in our house I can finish my Xmas baking just have the herby crackers and some basic sponge mini muffins which I’ll use in LC trifle and as mini Victoria sandwiches with cream and raspberry chia jam :hungry:

Today:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: left over tuna melt and roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: peach chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: chicken chasseur, carrot and swede mash, cauliflower and broccoli followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Welcome @zauberflote good to have another poster on the thread.

@DJC3 did you get your brownie tin? Just made another batch for our final departmental managers meeting of the year.

Taken out to lunch by my boss today - my team has smashed its target so a meal for all of us plus the rest of the afternoon off. Starter of slices of mozzarella and tomato with a little pesto drizzled over followed by ribeye steak with garlic butter and a small salad to which I added some of the garlic butter. Dessert came before lunch - one of the brownie pieces: took a couple to the office and shared them with our morning tea.

Dinner was a slice of lemon zucchini cake with double cream and then 4 advent calendar chocolates as I’d fallen behind!

I could only find 23cm ones which you said were too big so I bought an oblong one - it’s 26x15 so smaller total area and quite deep sides. Hope it works - just about to start it!

Reactions: ziggy_w

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes they have the edge over the seed crackers and mum says they are loads better as you don’t get the seeds under your teeth! So think will replace seed crackers while she’s here! Nice smooth surface too for spreading pate on to!
Bread sounds great. I’m looking a keto cheese scone recipes at moment as mum says she misses them.

I’ll be interested if you find a cheese scone recipe - I love soup with a cheese scone.
Thanks for cracker info. I was going to make some more seedy ones for Christmas but I think I’ll do a batch of each now.

Reactions: Lainlainylain

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I could only find 23cm ones which you said were too big so I bought an oblong one - it’s 26x15 so smaller total area and quite deep sides. Hope it works - just about to start it!

I used the 23cm square one this evening - doubled quantities of both brownie mix and cream cheese topping and worked out well (my smaller sized one is a baking tray and wasn’t deep enough). Not set firm enough to cut yet but looks like will get about 40 squares out of that. They’re very rich so only need small pieces.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal They are done and I couldn’t wait until they were cool - had to try one. I cut them into 20 which means just 1g carb each! ( I used Callebaut 100% chocolate which is only 5.5g carbs per 100g)
This is definitely a keeper. Thanks.
IMG_6159.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@shelley262 am going to try these tomorrow, no herbes de provance so will try some other concoction.
I don’t have Herbes de Provence either I just use 1 1/2 tbs of mixed Herbes and 1/2 tbs of rosemary. I remember Googling what was in H de P when I first found the recipe and that was the nearest approximation that I had in my cupboard.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@shelley262 I have this recipe in my CopyMeThat app but havent’t yet tried it
www.lowcarbsisters.com/almond-flour-scones-low-carb-gluten-free/
I’m pretty sure I got it from someone on this forum (? @Rachox ) I would imaging it could be adapted for cheese scones
Although these tasted lovely, the mixture was too runny, so they spread out and joined together, so definitely not scone shaped. I think less liquid might work or make them in small muffin tins so they come out circular!

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Hi there!
Most of my diet is now from recipes from this site!
I have a peppermint essence as well and have made a version of my favourite 'after dinner mint'.

Hey Tori! There,see? You want to add peppermint to my chocolate!!!!!! I am pretty sure I'd leave out all extraneous flavorings...so.....my Lindt high-%-cacao chocolate squares when I can't get Ghirardelli even-higher-%-ones saves me time. But I will definitely hang around in the kitchen making admiring noises and nose sniffs as you cook!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
I am SUCH a boring eater! I've spent the last 45 minutes looking at about three of these recipes. My computer has more tabs open than I can bother to count LOL. So maybe I have to commit to cooking more for myself in the New Year!
Bfast: 1/2 avocado, boiled egg, thin slice "flalmax" bread (the flax/almond recipe), coffee with soy milk and CREAM!
Lunch: 4 tall stalks celery, crunchcrunch, a La Tortilla flat (3 UK carbs 8 fiber) with about 2 or 3 tbsp partially defatted pnut butter on it. Visited Mom in memory care while eating.
Snack: small handful mixed unsalted nuts, a very thin slice of flalmax bread toast dipped in the coffee/cream dregs
Supper is taking forever, I am having too much drooling over what is eaten by everybody but me, but:
3 cups baby spinach/kale mix eaten out of hand with some parmesan cheese shreds, yes it was messy, 5 cherry tomatoes, and a tin of unsalted sardines in water. Why would you salt a sardine, anyway??o_O

It's 7:40. I'm supposed to be over supper by 7:00... it's ALL y'all's fault!!!!!!:hilarious:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Goonergal They are done and I couldn’t wait until they were cool - had to try one. I cut them into 20 which means just 1g carb each! ( I used Callebaut 100% chocolate which is only 5.5g carbs per 100g)
This is definitely a keeper. Thanks.
View attachment 29977
OK - you got me. These look seriously good and as I'm heading to child free time again, I'll have time to bake again. I see Rachox has asked for the recipe post so I won't go hunting.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Attachments

• 867C8741-C5CD-46CE-AC5F-46A79362F326.png
    867C8741-C5CD-46CE-AC5F-46A79362F326.png
    576.7 KB · Views: 256