What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I look at oxtail on the counter at Waitrose but dont know how to cook it. Any suggestions bearin mind I dont have an IP (?) yet!

No IP here either. I use an old fashioned slow cooker - 11 hours on low. Stuck some meat juices from a previous meal, some bones and bone marrow in and put the oxtail on top (having seared it first). Simple and delicious. Hadn’t eaten it myself until a few weeks ago. Now I’m in love!

Guess it would also work in the oven in a casserole dish with the lid on. Probably wouldn’t need to cook as long, but never tried that way. Sure one of the more experienced cooks on here would know - @DCUKMod @maglil55 @Brunneria @shelley262 (hope I haven’t offended anyone by not including them).

Give it a whirl.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
full cooked breakfast , then some dark chocolate and walnuts at 11.30. Just checked sugar 5.1 and i am really hungry now waiting for some chicken breasts in garlic and butter to cook along with some broccoli and brussels sprouts , followed by strawberries blueberries walnuts and double cream for dessert. That's my lot for the day .

Welcome to the thread @WackyJacky64

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum - I'd definitely go for slow cooking, if I didn't have the IP.

The IP is just a brand of electric pressure cooker. There are loads of those around, starting cheaper than the IP come out, although I particularly wanted a stainless steel inner pot. A conventional pressure cooker would work too, although the electric ones have a few added safety features added in.

Oxtail is yummy, when in the mood.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All

An eating day

NE1: scram egg and smoked salmon, with a little fresh lemony mashed avocado.
Was out at cafe with friend. I didn’t want toast, she didn’t want avo, so we discussed it with waitress, and she disappeared to explain to the kitchen.
When food arrived, we both had toast. She didn’t have avo. And her toast was smeared with cheap marg.
Other than that, Perfick! Haha!

NE2: cheesy mince

NE3: lamb burglar

I was about to proudly announce that it was a dairy free day. Until I remembered the cheese in the mince. ;)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Ive had a wonderful day - a leisurely walk along the canal towpath turned into an adventure after chatting to a lovely couple taking their barge through a lock. They invited me aboard and I got to drive it for a bit too. Very exciting and a glorious day for it. Ended up quite a bit further along the towpath than I’d intended to go though, not quite as far as Birmingham but I did wonder at one point! Made for a healthy walk back anyway.
Started the day with a big pot of CWC
Got home early afternoon and had NE1 - flaxseed bun with cream cheese and smoked trout. Then a couple of handsful almonds and pecans.
NE2 whole lemon sole ( got to Sainsbury’s just before it closed so picked this up at a bargain price) with asparagus and spinach. Found my HC 100% Easter egg in the cupboard, no idea how I’d forgotten it, but having spotted it I ate about 1/3. It’s not going to last long now.
The aubergine recipes look good. I love them. I make this Baba ganoush a fair bit - we had it as part of our buffet yesterday. Its very easy and delicious ( and low carb)
www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetable-recipes/baba-ganoush/

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
NE1: Greek yoghurt, with added ETDC, with rhubarb
NE2: Latte whilst out, then a pack of M&S crackling straws (which are a repeated disappointment to me)
NE: Rack of lamb, roasted carrots, mashed swede, with added sour cream, 2 cherry tomato roasted potatoes

Haven't eaten enough (for me) today, but I doubt I'll fade away just yet. The lamb was utterly delicious, and buttery tender, but for some reason the butcher had trimmed more fat than we would usually favour.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a whole lot of N in today's NE. CWC (French vanilla) first thing - not sure why I did that (the C) really. Then TWAM and an electrolyte drink. Headed off to see oldest son on his birthday (33) and 2 grandchildren. Took my own food - flaxseed cracker and babybels. Used the cracker but he had a variety of cheese so had 1 rolito, slice each of red, green, yellow pepper and some cucumber for NE1. NE2, around 7.30 after dog walk,was a babybel and a small slice of smoked cheddar with another electrolyte drink. I've had better N days but some things whup T2 and N

Last edited:

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope everyone is tickety boo. Another busy day taming our garden. I've also just whipped up a batch of LC Nutella. I might have a Nutella and almond milk 'shake' later....just to use up the dregs in the blender.:happy:

Today's menu

B: Lemon chia pudding with berries and almonds. Black coffee.
Mid morning: Almond milk cappuccino with a splash of cream. 65% Supermilk Hotel Chocolat baton
Lunch: Leftover sausages and roast veg from last night's barbecue.
Dinner: Courgetti bolognese with Parmesan cheese. Peanut butter and chocolat mug cake with cream. (https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/low-carb-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-mug-cakes/)

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Hi everyone. I have been a bit slack on the low carb front lately so made more of an effort today.
B. Two fried eggs, two slices of fried halloumi, 4 baby plum tomatoes, black tea, black coffee.
Gardening, followed by 3 strawberries, Greek yogurt, sprinkling of protein granola, mixed nuts
D. Cod with a light coating, cauliflower rice pilaf, fresh swiss chard, diet tonic.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all. Ive had a wonderful day - a leisurely walk along the canal towpath turned into an adventure after chatting to a lovely couple taking their barge through a lock. They invited me aboard and I got to drive it for a bit too. Very exciting and a glorious day for it. Ended up quite a bit further along the towpath than I’d intended to go though, not quite as far as Birmingham but I did wonder at one point! Made for a healthy walk back anyway.
Got home early afternoon and had NE1 - flaxseed bun with cream cheese and smoked trout. Then a couple of handsful almonds and pecans.
NE2 whole lemon sole ( got to Sainsbury’s just before it closed so picked this up at a bargain price) with asparagus and spinach. Found my HC 100% Easter egg in the cupboard, no idea how I’d forgotten it, but having spotted it I ate about 1/3. It’s not going to last long now.
The aubergine recipes look good. I love them. I make this Baba ganoush a fair bit - we had it as part of our buffet yesterday. Its very easy and delicious ( and low carb)
Not made baba ganoush in a while, thanks for the reminder. CMTd!

Viv19

I’ve added it to my CMT - all favourite ingredients.

Reactions: gennepher and DJC3

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
B- coffee and cream

L: roast chicken, gravy and stuffing in a Yorkshire pudding wrap (only day 3 on low carb and I was caught out whilst shopping. Paid the price with sky high levels after)

Snack: chicken, cucumber and hummus.

D: chicken drumsticks with skin, egg salad, hummus and coleslaw.

Tested ketones and they are 0.9 so hopefully I am doing this right?!

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Snags cooked over the coals in the fire pit out at the block, should finish out there today, all though we need it to rain pick and pick handles to fill the dam up.
Dinner: Nile Perch fillets cooked on the barbeque, salad.
Breakfast: Cheesey mushroom omelette, bacon, tomato, reheated spudlite, two slices of low carb HB toast and vegimite

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar / sweeteners, lots of water, beer when we got home.

D

Deleted member 308541

@Tipitoo - since Peter Parker is still in residence on my phone app front page, Question - I think it's a huntsman although the huntsman I have seen in Australia have been more hairy and darker. It does seem to have the stripes on it's legs though. Q2- is it alive?
Oh! the joys of using the phone app. :D

01: I said it was a Huntsman in the post / thread..
02: I don't know, it could have died of old age or was eaten by a bigger spider.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch at my daughters: prawn cocktail with a leafy salad followed by strawberries and cream.
Mid afternoon at Nero’s: coconut cappuccino with a Jaffa Quake Carb Killa bar.
Dinner at Jamie’s: chicken mattone with kale and hazelnut salad followed by coffee with cream.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A day behind again.
@Goonergal, @Bubbsie , I didn't watch either GOT or Eurovision (I do not own a TV)
Yesterday was not a good food day
B was Coffee with cream as usual
A late lunch at my mother's was a low carb disaster.
My mother cooks as she always has. On offer yesterday was mash, roasties, sweetcorn, carrots, peas broccoli, Cauli cheese (I later realised this was made with flour) Yorkshire pudding gravy.
I tried to be wise in my choices but gave in to Yorkshire pudding (who can resist?) I tested 2 hours after and was at 9.5 and it was then that I realised what the Cauli cheese and gravy contained!
Not too bad this morning though 5.1 when I got up.

Viv19

Lunch yesterday: Snags cooked over the coals in the fire pit out at the block, should finish out there today, all though we need it to rain pick and pick handles to fill the dam up.
Dinner: Nile Perch fillets cooked on the barbeque, salad.
Breakfast: Cheesey mushroom omelette, bacon, tomato, reheated spudlite, two slices of low carb HB toast and vegimite

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar / sweeteners, lots of water, beer when we got home.

Pick and pick handles Tipetoo? Is that the same as cats and dogs?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Food eaten today

About 6 am black coffee and some dark chocolate

More black coffee

Don’t feel like much food or meat today so:
3 boiled eggs and cheese coleslaw

That’s it. That was at 12 noon

Just coffee with cream now
Probably tea and maybe herbal drinks later

My stomach just doesn’t fancy anything and neither do I...

>^..^<