What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday’s fare:
Breakfast: 1 cheese scone (2g carbs) split with butter, tea.
Lunch: Dressed crab with squeeze lemon juice. Disappointing treat.
Supper: half small spatchcock chicken, roasted stripy tomatoes.
Small wedge ripe Brie.
All too rich for me gave me a busy tummy. I am always best with simple fare.
Hug for a busy tummy, although I nearly gave a funny for that phrase.

Reactions: Viv19 and gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On the off chance that @maglil55 or someone else who has made the skinny bread is about just now. Has anyone tried to scale up the loaf size by adding extra flour? Some has arrived and I am eager to try but want the best possible results. TIA
Update: So far looks a real winner. 2nd proving in progress. Food fairy she say good so banneton and bread stone may not need to go in the skip.

9VOcg9ewfPpJOE0ltM8D7l16X8ALzJcyItArsusl-7TU08XrZPh5Uz0uYKqoFt1JWJ24duEv3RNT_KESNqDuRIWlm5z8J4K0Kcv2v3ulvVFdQ9Kc8oDZcl45q8VjLpcQzRJjPxx5

Now ready to eat but looks the part at the moment
Update 2: Crust and sandwich from 2 slices eaten. All rather spiffing. 105 gms according to packet 0.2 gms carb and most bread like we have made. Happy days.

Last edited:

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
So far CWC for breakfast and then I had some ready made cauliflower cheese that needed eating- 24g of carbs so had that. Tea tonight will be either be a chorizo omelette or snacking platter of meat and cheese. I think I need to watch my dairy as I want to lose weight. Ordered some cashew nuts today on the food shop to snack on.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Someone in this thread is touchy about them as well, even a picture of them... :D
I've always had a "thing" about spiders - even as a small child. I hate seeing pictures of them and will always look away or shut my eyes if one is shown on a TV programme. I always said I wouldn't go into my sister-in-law's house because her daughter had a "pet" tarantula but I was very proud of myself when, one year, I had to stay there overnight (family funeral) and I developed a really severe migraine and had to go and lay down. Before I went into my bedroom, I actually plucked up the courage to look into my niece's room and check that the monster was still in its case before I could go and lay down in the next room. Was that brave or what?

Breakfast today was a small helping of cauliflower and squash hash (remembering the issues I had last time I ate cauliflower) and a couple of fried eggs.
May just have a few spoons of yoghurt at lunch time.
Dinner will be salmon salad if I can be bothered by then.

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 - Just in case your not looking, turned into buying, the IP Prime Day price has dropped again (from £79.99 to £69.99).

For me, after contacting Amazon, that meant cancelling one order and ordering again, but so be it.

MrB is playing golf today, and for a different reason, needs to keep his phone switched on, so his mind will be blown by the email traffic no doubt.

Reactions: Viv19 and maglil55

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eaten today

Cashew nuts
Pieces dark chocolate
Coffee black x3

Eggs and cheese thrown in microwave
cwc

Pork scratchings tiny bag
Tea x2

Fish from fish and chip shop. Left the batter.
Iceberg lettuce and baby spinach when got home

Finished eating by 1pm

Nothing more until tomorrow
Just water and tea

>^..^<

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

A bits and pieces day today.

Lunch was 5 chicken wings in 2 different flavours - brined (marinated in cream, pink Himalayan salt, garlic and Herbes de Provence) and lime (marinated in butter mixed with lime juice and zest, chilli and cocoa oil and garlic) followed by 3 pick and mix chocolates and 28g salted macadamia nuts (nice pack size brought home from the US).

Dinner was Parmesan flavour Whisps and then cheese, butter and an experiment with ‘Flackers’ - low carb (1g net carbs per 10 crackers), also picked up in the US (ingredients flaxseed, apple cider vinegar and sea salt). The latter were awful. Tried 2 and ditched them in favour of extra cheese.

Pics for portion size attached. The remaining pick and mix chocolates also seem to have disappeared.

10BBF813-DA27-4F0C-92F1-F34805BE7627.jpeg
9F283505-5471-4A7D-B09B-E705F695C89D.jpeg
8C3B6189-C75E-4BB8-90AA-EDD6200324A6.jpeg
4D00D9BA-DA6A-449C-B107-56DCAC75E266.jpeg
6B441884-125D-47D6-8D83-5A94A9C7EE4D.jpeg

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On the off chance that @maglil55 or someone else who has made the skinny bread is about just now. Has anyone tried to scale up the loaf size by adding extra flour? Some has arrived and I am eager to try but want the best possible results. TIA
Update: So far looks a real winner. 2nd proving in progress. Food fairy she say good so banneton and bread stone may not need to go in the skip.

9VOcg9ewfPpJOE0ltM8D7l16X8ALzJcyItArsusl-7TU08XrZPh5Uz0uYKqoFt1JWJ24duEv3RNT_KESNqDuRIWlm5z8J4K0Kcv2v3ulvVFdQ9Kc8oDZcl45q8VjLpcQzRJjPxx5

Update 2: Crust and sandwich from 2 slices eaten. All rather spiffing. 105 gms according to packet 0.2 gms carb and most bread like we have made. Happy days.
I've added extra yeast Ian when I accidentally allowed a draught to get at it when proving. It rescued it to the degree it was edible. Normally I just let it do its thing and mine looks like yours. The crust and the taste is amazing and it lasts quite a few days. It tends to get a bit crisp at the top but nothing that stops you eating it.
I have also left it proving longer than the allotted time.

Reactions: Viv19 and gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4 hour eating window today due to - no real idea. As a change T for B. Did nibble taster mini chunks of cheese in Morrisons - proper man of the people me. NE1 was crust of bread well buttered and a cheese sandwich -see post#29662. NE2 about to be eaten will be hard boiled eggs (3) and avocado salad topped with chia seeds. Optional extras are chicory and approx 80 gms of beetroot. Absolutely in my comfort zone like a pig in piggy stuff. @maglil55 massive thanks for pointing me in the direction of that bread. I think there may be a chink of light at the end of a very dark tunnel. Price wise about what I would/paid for decent sourdough minus the fuel and parking costs related to Cambridge so about £10 cheaper!
ETA: Not sure about so much cheese lately but knee is loving this so rock and hard place really.

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3 - Just in case your not looking, turned into buying, the IP Prime Day price has dropped again (from £79.99 to £69.99).

For me, after contacting Amazon, that meant cancelling one order and ordering again, but so be it.

MrB is playing golf today, and for a different reason, needs to keep his phone switched on, so his mind will be blown by the email traffic no doubt.
I was just about to tell you that.

Reactions: DJC3

Viv19

I've always had a "thing" about spiders - even as a small child. I hate seeing pictures of them and will always look away or shut my eyes if one is shown on a TV programme. I always said I wouldn't go into my sister-in-law's house because her daughter had a "pet" tarantula but I was very proud of myself when, one year, I had to stay there overnight (family funeral) and I developed a really severe migraine and had to go and lay down. Before I went into my bedroom, I actually plucked up the courage to look into my niece's room and check that the monster was still in its case before I could go and lay down in the next room. Was that brave or what?

Breakfast today was a small helping of cauliflower and squash hash (remembering the issues I had last time I ate cauliflower) and a couple of fried eggs.
May just have a few spoons of yoghurt at lunch time.
Dinner will be salmon salad if I can be bothered by then.

My brother used to have a severe phobia of spiders- he couldn’t even look at photos. Since he and his wife have lots of holidays that are everything except lounging by the beach (tents featured quite often) he had to do something.
He had acupuncture- and it worked. This being the original unbelieving scientific-minded brother, we were completely amazed. He still doesn’t like them but could go as far as having one on his hand now.
Mum had a horror of flying, we used to laugh that she needed a gin to take off and one to land. She felt ill even packing her suitcase. Since they visited us around the world (they came to Australia twice) it was a problem. She had the same acupuncturist and it worked for her too. She was the original unbeliever so it wasn’t ‘all in the mind.’

Reactions: maglil55

Viv19

Was that a ready bread mix ianpspurs?

Food today. Tea x 2
Cwc. Nuts
Lunch 2 slices LC bread, one with smoked trout and other with Camembert. 4 cherry toms. Yoghurt and berries.
Evening. Curried veg, cauli rice and chicken breast sliced, bashed and marinated, and fried. It was very good. But then I could eat curry non stop.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Was that a ready bread mix ianpspurs?

Food today. Tea x 2
Cwc. Nuts
Lunch 2 slices LC bread, one with smoked trout and other with Camembert. 4 cherry toms. Yoghurt and berries.
Evening. Curried veg, cauli rice and chicken breast sliced, bashed and marinated, and fried. It was very good. But then I could eat curry non stop.
Definitely a bread mix @Viv19 https://mydiet-shop.co.uk/baking-cooking/74-skinny-low-carb-brown-bread-roll-mix-5905279424814.html. @maglil55 will confirm I am no Bojo or Trump pulling your pud. I agree that it is basically impossible to believe a word anyone says these days so right to demand some evidence. Unfortunately, I have eaten some of said evidence already. May never find out how long it keeps.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55 and Viv19

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
20E63FAA-2D11-4E5F-B977-D20F5DAE449E.jpeg D67F8AED-A128-4805-B005-2A494C60527C.jpeg Hi all wonderful day out in Ludlow - 35 mins drive from ours - went early so could fit in good walkas well as mooching around the shops too. So stuck to coffee with cream from the several flasks we took with us so @DJC3 first photo just the mug! Lunch in grounds of Ludlow castle
Mugs of coffee and cream to lunchtime
Lunch two hard boiled eggs and more coffee!
Dinner frittata and green salad -so a very eggy and also very low carb day today think less than 10 including all cream.
Edit forgot to add my intended later eating - just had pudding rhubarb mousse and four hc 100% choc buttons.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thanks, I did get an email notification about it too! But my tiny kitchen is bursting at the seams now so I’m feeling strong.
Glad you were able to get the reduced price even if it meant the hassle of cancelling and reordering.
I didn’t CMT the spicy marinaded lamb recipe you posted a couple of days ago and now it’s disappeared into the plethora of posts. If it’s handy could you please repost or PM me with it? If it’s not, don’t worry I’ll find it eventually.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, I did get an email notification about it too! But my tiny kitchen is bursting at the seams now so I’m feeling strong.
Glad you were able to get the reduced price even if it meant the hassle of cancelling and reordering.
I didn’t CMT the spicy marinaded lamb recipe you posted a couple of days ago and now it’s disappeared into the plethora of posts. If it’s handy could you please repost or PM me with it? If it’s not, don’t worry I’ll find it eventually.

There you go. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2609649-tandoori-lamb-chops

As MrB has a golf match, I'm having the two extra thighs I put in the marinade on Wednesday, having frozen then in marinade. I'm expecting magnificence.

If they "mature" as I hope in the freezer, and during the defrosting process, I'll do another batch and freeze them all.

As I say, I air fried them last time.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 34322 View attachment 34323 Hi all wonderful day out in Ludlow - 35 mins drive from ours - went early so could fit in good walkas well as mooching around the shops too. So stuck to coffee with cream from the several flasks we took with us so @DJC3 first photo just the mug! Lunch in grounds of Ludlow castle
Mugs of coffee and cream to lunchtime
Lunch two hard boiled eggs and more coffee!
Dinner frittata and green salad -so a very eggy and also very low carb day today think less than 10 including all cream.
Edit forgot to add my intended later eating - just had pudding rhubarb mousse and four hc 100% choc buttons.

Thank you, sounds like you had a lovely day - is that a china mug you took with you for coffee on your walk? That is dedication!
It doesn’t sound like a lot of food to me - although all lovely. Was it a 2 or 3 egg frittata?. It really does help me figure out where I can tweak, so thanks again.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
More food than I intended today really, just the tedium of travelling. From W London back to Cornwall: road works, busses breaking down etc all meant it was a long and tiring journey. Dennis was very good but we did stop a few times to let him stretch his legs.
NE1 early CWC and last 2 teasp almond butter - not worth leaving this much in the cupboard.
NE2 first stop CWC at Mway Costa plus a pack of M&S salami crisps
NE3 later stop Cheese and marmite roll ( Helmsley sisters flaxseed bun) and 10g Montezuma’s absolute black.
NE4 Happy got back in time to pick up a couple of the fab steaks from the local butchers. Served with fried mushrooms and leafy salad with h/m French dressing. Small bit of American 100% chocolate which was lovely. Whoops, almost forgot celebratory red wine. It’s nice to be back.