What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast was a flour tortilla with some lettuce and cheese.

Lunch was a kind of pork meatball - actually the filling from a small Melton Mowbray pork pie. Threw the pastry out. Gave the other pies in the pack to No 2 son. The children like them, apparently.

Dinner was hash made of Brussels sprouts, chorizo, a shallot and half an apple, all sliced in the food processor and fried with a little butter and topped with 2 fried eggs. Still feeling hungry, but I tell myself it's my imagination. Plenty of drinks today to keep up my fluid levels. Finished the antibiotics this morning and will see how the jaw goes over the next day or so to decide if it has got rid of the infection.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and raspberry phd bar
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few mixed nuts.
Dinner: chicken with bacon, leek and cheese sauce and mixed veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 Cooper looks adorable in his Christmas jumper.
Have you seen DGF are offering a mixed box containing Christmas Pudding cakes now? I’m just hoping they sell out very soon so I can’t be tempted.
@Goonergal I’m not surprised you were hungry today after your marathon walks of the last few days. I like the sound of those chilli oil coated chicken wings. Do you rub it in and shove them straight in the af or marinate for a while? I always forget so end up simply putting s&p on ( still good though)
@Mrs T 123 I thought of you at the weekend when granddaughter asked for a snack of a boiled egg mashed in a cup with butter!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
B CWC nut granola
Lunch, travelling nothing suitable at service station so cup of tea and three slices of ham from cool bag.
Dinner, m&s ready meal,courgetti with chicken and a creamy sauce. Tasted mostly of garlic. MrSlim mistaking low cal for low carb bought me raspberry jelly.probably about 23g carbs.
We celebrated being back in motorhome with prossecco.
Errant was quiet on the journey (must order some more Feliway spray) seemed to recognise motorhome and was more relaxed than he has been while we were away. He has been outside several times already. Novelty maybe? Sense of freedom. This all bodes well for his future career as Motorhome Cat.

Edit: MrSlim had bought himself chocolate cheesecake, two slices in the pack and 44g carbs. Did I eat the jelly? With such an appetising looking alternative, i gave in. The cheesecake was delicious. Best part of the meal.
Tomorrow I will do the shopping

Last edited:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My 8 pieces of penne and too many leeks with a few carrots was too much carbs. Up from 5.9 to 8.7. Was a large portion too. When will I learn that my health is more important than not using up leftovers? Food can be thrown away (apparently, as my mother turns in her grave)

Reactions: SlimLizzy

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@DJC3 -- Keeping my fingers crossed for your blood tests, am sure though you'll really do well.
@shelley262 -- Cooper is such a looker and just simply adorable.

Today ...

Breakfast: Temperatures seem to have dropped overnight in Germany, so needed two double espressos with cream and erythritol to get warm. Also half a DD keto roll with brie and turkey salami. A very small piece of the h/m low-carb rhubarb cheesecake

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner: Two slices of the ribeye cooked sous-vide and then fried. A small portion of cauli risotto and some baby asparagus fried in ghee and olive oil. Two squares of 88% chocolate and another very small piece of the rhubarb cheesecake. Dry red wine.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
So far behind I may never catch up.
Bfast avocado, pecans, boiled egg, 1 sq Lindt 90%
Second bfast or early lunch or continued eating-while-working flax crisps/dilute soymilk, boiled egg, 1sq Lindt
A big Costco order delivered. Mixed nuts magically opened themselves and kept leaping out of the jar at me for the rest of the day. Hope I've got that out of my system now!
Snack skyr yogurt/olive oil
Barre class
Supper cherry toms, cucumber that I ate but then tossed-- tasted moldy, orange bell pepper, spinach/hm dressing, 1/2 can albacore tuna (much harder to eat than the darker stuff I like better), flax crisps/soy
Has anybody cooked with sumac, the ground spice? Saw a chicken recipe in the paper which uses it with paprika and cumin as an olive-oil rub, then oven cooked at 350F/177C in a deep pan "covered with foil". I suspect the author's grandmother, whose recipe it is, did not have a lid for her roaster. Its other two main ingredients are potatoes and onions but we can fix that!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
So far behind I may never catch up.
Bfast avocado, pecans, boiled egg, 1 sq Lindt 90%
Second bfast or early lunch or continued eating-while-working flax crisps/dilute soymilk, boiled egg, 1sq Lindt
A big Costco order delivered. Mixed nuts magically opened themselves and kept leaping out of the jar at me for the rest of the day. Hope I've got that out of my system now!
Snack skyr yogurt/olive oil
Barre class
Supper cherry toms, cucumber that I ate but then tossed-- tasted moldy, orange bell pepper, spinach/hm dressing, 1/2 can albacore tuna (much harder to eat than the darker stuff I like better), flax crisps/soy
Has anybody cooked with sumac, the ground spice? Saw a chicken recipe in the paper which uses it with paprika and cumin as an olive-oil rub, then oven cooked at 350F/177C in a deep pan "covered with foil". I suspect the author's grandmother, whose recipe it is, did not have a lid for her roaster. Its other two main ingredients are potatoes and onions but we can fix that!

I've used sumac with paprika in a chicken dish. I felt it was not as strong a taste as I expected, so it probably needs quite a lot to compete with the flavour of the other spices. It is a bit citrussy and quite pleasant.

Reactions: zauberflote

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 so pleased you have CMT back and good luck with the review.

I’m very relieved to be able to access it again. I was searching for your carni stuffing recipe but I know you’ve adapted it from the bbc good food recipe on your CMT. Can you remind me please? I have a stash of the Waitrose 1 Cumberland sausages in the freezer- ready and waiting.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@DJC3 -- Keeping my fingers crossed for your blood tests, am sure though you'll really do well.
@shelley262 -- Cooper is such a looker and just simply adorable.

Today ...

Breakfast: Temperatures seem to have dropped overnight in Germany, so needed two double espressos with cream and erythritol to get warm. Also half a DD keto roll with brie and turkey salami. A very small piece of the h/m low-carb rhubarb cheesecake

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner: Two slices of the ribeye cooked sous-vide and then fried. A small portion of cauli risotto and some baby asparagus fried in ghee and olive oil. Two squares of 88% chocolate and another very small piece of the rhubarb cheesecake. Dry red wine.

Your menus always sound so good. I’d love to try a sous vide steak but it’s probably just as well Black Friday is over so Im not tempted into more gadgets.
The rhubarb cheesecake sounds delicious - not sure if I’ve missed the recipe, Is it a baked cheesecake?

Reactions: ziggy_w

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m very relieved to be able to access it again. I was searching for your carni stuffing recipe but I know you’ve adapted it from the bbc good food recipe on your CMT. Can you remind me please? I have a stash of the Waitrose 1 Cumberland sausages in the freezer- ready and waiting.

It looks like the BBC recipe from the link, but the listed ingredients and steps are for my carni version.

Reactions: ziggy_w

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It looks like the BBC recipe from the link, but the listed ingredients and steps are for my carni version.

I can only see the original, not your adaptions. I know you use blitzed pork scratchings in it.
IMG_4099.jpg

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My 8 pieces of penne and too many leeks with a few carrots was too much carbs. Up from 5.9 to 8.7. Was a large portion too. When will I learn that my health is more important than not using up leftovers? Food can be thrown away (apparently, as my mother turns in her grave)
I love pasta but that and bread are lethal for my Bg :(

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Another hungry day. Not sure what is going on.

Mid-morning bag of Awfully Posh Pork Crackling. Discovered that my supply is almost 2 months out of date - ordered a box during lockdown 1 and they have largely stayed in the cupboard. Tasted ok, just not quite so good as usual.
Lunch - had taken kippers out of the freezer but they didn’t appeal so opened a small ton of corned beef and ate with a pickled onion.
Dinner was oxtail cooked in the Instant Pot. Delicious.

4BC81C64-388A-4F3C-9DD1-140474653A52.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal thanks for the screenshot. No idea why I can’t see your amendments.

Today was my first proper zero carb/ carni day:

A mug of fresh hot bone broth from the IP around lunchtime.
Dinner was steak - I asked Paul to go to the butchers again, for 2 ribeye steaks. He came back with said steaks - they weighed nearly 1 lb each! ( his comment ‘well I did ask for ‘friendly’ size steaks)
Absolutely delicious. He found room for chips and peas with his. My side was a fried egg ( on top actually, not at the side). Now feeling fuller than I have for ages.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't like winter - it is cold, dark, I need way too many clothes and that's without LCHF food. B= Very much Assam TWAM: Dockey: CWCVS - Starbucks : Lunch:Tea : EM: Will be 3 x SB toast, Holy Moly and 3? x poached eggs. Water and multi vits. Early wakeup on the cards for tomorrow. Key: SB= Skinnybread; CWCVS - Coffee with cream and Monin sugar free vanilla syrup: Holy Moly: Ready smashed Avo with vague chilli tang.

Last edited:

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Another hungry day. Not sure what is going on.

Mid-morning bag of Awfully Posh Pork Crackling. Discovered that my supply is almost 2 months out of date - ordered a box during lockdown 1 and they have largely stayed in the cupboard. Tasted ok, just not quite so good as usual.
Lunch - had taken kippers out of the freezer but they didn’t appeal so opened a small ton of corned beef and ate with a pickled onion.
Dinner was oxtail cooked in the Instant Pot. Delicious.

View attachment 45888
Gosh @Goonergal you must have had a hungry day to eat a ton of Corned Beef!!

Reactions: zauberflote