What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Does anyone know which are the best low carbish crackers? I need something with my cheese!
Hi I have crackerbread wholegrain, water biscuits and I love melba toasts minis [ from Asda] Rivitas [ sesame ones]

Reactions: 2 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
... so I am in a cooking frenzy preparing loads of meals to freeze so I don't get tempted to fall off the BSD wagon.
Ditto. I've prepared and frozen some portions of broccoli & stilton soup and of my spinach bread. I also have some Lidl rolls in the freezer, some prawns and some quality burgers ... stuff I can grab and warm up quickly.

Reactions: 8 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Yesterdays menu Saturday
B 1 Poached Egg / mushrooms / 1 slice burgen bread
L 2 sesame rivitas with mackeral / lime juice / and cucumber [ bought in a packet from asda]
S raw oats soaked in Alpro almond yogurt with blueberries and raspberries topped with Lidl linseed and gogi berry and nuts.
D broccoli and stilton soup / 2 slices of weightwatchers wholemeal bread / a few pork scratchings
BG reading 2hrs after dinner 5.8

Reactions: 5 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Hi I have crackerbread wholegrain, water biscuits and I love melba toasts minis [ from Asda] Rivitas [ sesame ones]
@sugar-rush123 The spinach bread I make can be sliced very thin, and then each slice fried in butter until crispy. Makes excellent crackers.

Reactions: 5 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Sundays Fare
S Slice of Cheese
B Sausage, Bacon and Egg with Tomato and 2 x Helgas buttered toast
L Chicken Slices and Cheese
D Lamb Chump Chops and Vegetables

Calories 1367
Carbs 62

Reactions: 11 people

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Saturday:

B: Fried Egg, 2 Bacon, 2 Chipolatas, Tomato

L: Left over Ribs from the other evening

D: Scallops pan fried with a little Chilli Butter
Cote de Beouf (Ribeye on the bone) with crumbled Roquefort, Roasted Veg
Frozen Berries with Double Cream (should have taken them out of the freezer earlier)

Shared a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and then a bottle of Costieres du Nimes with the missus, then a JD & Zero (she had a Baileys)

Just had the same brekkie (apart from the tomatoes) and it's a keeper: 2 hours later I've gone from 6.2 to 5.6. My best post-brek reading so far :)

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Day 1 of Week 1 of 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet - FBG 7.1 :(

Breakfast: Lidl Turkish Yoghurt with a teaspoon of Monin sugar free syrup (hazelnut). Cup of Tetley Redbush with vanilla tea. (This will be my regular breakfast while on BSD as its easy and yummy.)

Lunch: Vegetable stirfry - (hot and spicy) with some of those zero carb noodles (not had the noodles before).

Dinner: Pork roasted over fennel and leeks, french beans, roast cauliflower and some kind of green veg (haven't decided which one yet). I think I might be tempted to have a tiny little taste of the crackling. :hungry:

Drinks: Water, water and, yes, yet more water

I don't go back to work until Wednesday so I am in a cooking frenzy preparing loads of meals to freeze so I don't get tempted to fall off the BSD wagon.
I'm interested in the Monin sugar-free syrups, they sound nice with coffee!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I'm interested in the Monin sugar-free syrups, they sound nice with coffee!
Yes, they are. :) They are the same make that Costa use - I just buy the litre size sugar free varieties from eBay.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Just bought this yesterday from Asda. 350g
Sweet Freedom. Squeeze, drizzle or spread.
Fruit Syrup
Only 13 calories a teaspoon.
Natural Sweetness for porridge, coffee, tea, pancakes, toast yogurt, cooking and baking.
Suitable for diabetics
Vegan
Gm and gluten free/ low in fructose
No need to refrigerate made in the uk.
£2.99

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Ditto. I've prepared and frozen some portions of broccoli & stilton soup and of my spinach bread. I also have some Lidl rolls in the freezer, some prawns and some quality burgers ... stuff I can grab and warm up quickly.
I've made your spinach bread before - very nice - how well does it freeze? That soup sounds gorgeous. Do you use a recipe or is it an experiment?

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
B I had Dorset Simply Nutty Musely with flaxssed.
L one slice of hovis seed sensations with cream cheese,a tomato,and cucumber.
D about to have crab salad,mushroom soup and fillet steak cooked by my son for mothers day,and a few glasses of red wine.

Reactions: 4 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I just cant do fried for breakfast,but the nutty muesli does fine,I used to make it myself but nuts are now so expensive.

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: scrambled eggs (my breakfast in bed for mothers day - but my young son insisted on joining me and munched peanut butter on toast, making crumbs :rolleyes: )

L: cucumber, celery, spoonful of hummus, couple of nuts, cube of cheese (no time for cooked lunch - making gladiator costume for son - perfectly normal Sunday in our house :D )

D: celeriac dauphinoise, cauliflower cheese and roasted celeriac (bit white, but it tasted delicious, my yummy meal for Mothers Day :) )

Reactions: 7 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello. Everybody

B. Raspberries and cream

L. Bacon,sausage,mushrooms, tomato and a fried egg.

D. Tinned red salmon, a spoon of taramasolata and 2 slices of bfree low carb wheat and gluten free bread.

Reactions: 9 people

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
B Strawberries greek yoghurt and pumpkin seeds
L Alpro coconut,pumpkin seeds and 1 square Lindt 90% choc

Kept it light as going to my mums for tea.

D Roast pork dinner,lots of veg,1 small roastie and had to have stuffing as she said she made wholemeal stuffing especially for me. Dessert was fresh fruit salad (again especially made because of my diabetes:banghead:), had all kinds of fruit including pineapple and pomegranate, things she would never buy for herself, so I had to eat that too :eek:. I dread what my sugars are going to be !!!

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Have got pancreatitis so water, painkillers, water and you've guessed it more painkillers. Had a few blueberries for antioxidant. In so much pain though. :hungover:

D

debrasue

B Strawberries greek yoghurt and pumpkin seeds
L Alpro coconut,pumpkin seeds and 1 square Lindt 90% choc

Kept it light as going to my mums for tea.

D Roast pork dinner,lots of veg,1 small roastie and had to have stuffing as she said she made wholemeal stuffing especially for me. Dessert was fresh fruit salad (again especially made because of my diabetes:banghead:), had all kinds of fruit including pineapple and pomegranate, things she would never buy for herself, so I had to eat that too :eek:. I dread what my sugars are going to be !!!
Bless, your mum sounds lovely and she just wants to spoil you! I guess she needs better educating..... :)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Today Sunday BG reading this morning 5.8
B 2 poached eggs on a large crumpet / 1 pear
L 3 crackerbreads / Scottish Smoked Salmon Pate. Raw Oats soaked in alpro almond yogurt with linseeds and gogi berry mix [from lidl]
S 2 dates / 1 banana
D egg and corned beef salad with cheese / tomato and celery 1 slice of burgen bread
BG reading 2hrs after dinner 5.6