What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Phd protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and orange chia pudding with LC nutty granola.
Dinner: cheese on LC toast, realised I’d virtually made mini pizzas by the time I’d added a few extras, followed by SF orange jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.
93C88465-2559-49BB-BD44-2A9133C6EC53.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Skipped lunch.
Dinner: cheese on LC toast, realised I’d virtually made mini pizzas by the time I’d added a few extras, followed by SF orange jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.
View attachment 51817

I’ve been enjoying cheese on (lc) toast recently too, I hadn’t realised how much I missed it. That’s a great idea to top with the extras, looks very good.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Question - is anyone on here taking metformin and skipping breakfast? Have you had any side effects by not eating but taking the pill? Thanks
I am not on Metformin any more but when I was, I followed the directions on the pharmacy label and also the insert directions to take it with food.

I believe if you follow the directions on the medication you will not get side effects, just having a minimal breakfast will help you such as a slice of toast etc. I never had any stomach problems when I was taking it.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Skipped lunch.
View attachment 51817

If you haven’t tried chaffles yet - I think you should - great for pizza bases

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two egg and cheese omelette, two slices of middle bacon, button mushrooms, tomatoes for breakfast.
Tub of chobani greek yoghurt, usual cordial mix for smoko.
Red Rooster whole chicken and veggies gravy for lunch.
Leftover chicken and a bit of salad in a low carb wrap for supper at six.

My meeting with the Nurse Navigator went well, and it was a bit of a brain storming session with plenty of "what ifs" kicked about.

We agreed, including my partner that I will not go to Brisbane, and so the appointment was cancelled for me by the NN as she is more familiar with the correct medical terms to use.

That's one less worry to worry about. :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ate breakfast yesterday as I had a change of schedule. Had leftover lamb breast, warmed in the air fryer, with a side of the remnants of a pointed cabbage, a bit of onion and a bit of courgette all fried in beef fat, and some leftover juices from the lamb breast roast. Delicious, but I was no less hungry by the early afternoon than when I don’t eat breakfast!

Bought a bag of cashews to keep me going and then had a bread less kebab (just the meat and onion) on my way home.

7A6D7EE6-1CD4-473F-BDF9-96CA51239124.jpeg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well the nut bars I ate last night spiked me. I was at 10.8 3 hours after. They were a new (to me) kind I think from tesco and although only 9 g carbs each something in the ingredients wasn't for me
I had the opportunity today to shop at a large Sainsburys. There isn't one near me so I enjoyed seeing what they had was different.
Was impressed at the size and variety in the "free from and health " aisle and spent ages reading nutrition and ingredients... and bought absolutely Nothing! Was the best range of seeds I've seen in a supermarket but I'm already well stocked. Everything else wasn't suitable :grumpy:
Then got stuck in a traffic jam so ended doing the whole day on just a lc hot chocolate I.d had at 10 am. Didn't even have any water as somehow my water bottle was missing from the car
Finally at 4pm I had 2 chicken thighs and a handful of cashews
Currently thinking that might be it but am out later and don't know what's going to be on offer. Might be wine :)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Busy first thing today so fasted and did two meals
Lunch scrambled eggs with one slice of hm lc bread followed by Greek yoghurt and one square of 90% choc with coffee
Dinner sea bass with lemon butter served with asparagus and a couple of very very small new potatoes and glass of white wine followed by DGF pecan and butterscotch LC blondie

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, I’m still feeling really hungry all the time, maybe it’s the change of weather. I’ve lost a bit of weight too, unintentionally, so I shan’t worry about eating a lot for now.
Late breakfast of cold Turkey slices, 1/2 avocado, spoonful of cream cheese and spinach
Lunch- leftover beef shawarma and a DGF butterscotch pecan blondie.
Mid afternoon - couple of leftover chicken strips coated in a mix of parmesan and blitzed chilli pork scratchings.
Dinner- airfried ribeye, mushrooms, rocket and cherry toms dressed with olive oil. Couple of glasses of red.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
late morning: coffee shop coconut cappuccino and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Dinner: roast chicken, pigs in blankets, cauliflower, broccoli and a splash of gravy followed by strawberries and cream

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Currently thinking that might be it but am out later and don't know what's going to be on offer. Might be wine :)
Village meeting, but only drinks on offer were Pimms made with apple juice and lemonade, or soft drinks, Coke or fruit juices. Came home thirsty!
I did nibble on some cocktail sausages and swerved the sausage rolls and mince pies and chocolate biscuits

Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Stuffed bell pepper (onion, leek, chorizo, mushrooms, bit of tomato puree, a beaten egg mixed with a sorry little bit of leftover cottage cheese) and zaziki, which I hadn't eaten in a long time, yum!
Too bad I dropped the pot of zaziki on the kitchen floor after putting it on my plate, good thing I have dogs and cats happy to clean up every last bit. :D

More than enough left in the tub for future meals too, I started with a liter of Greek yoghurt minus a bit to make room in the tub for the cucumber, so nothing bad happened apart from feeling like an idiot for thinking I could balance it the way I did while making room in the fridge.

Wish me luck tonight.
Neighbour (the one who moved to a trailer in my back garden recently) has opened the cat door in his trailer today, after keeping his 4 cats inside for a month to get used to their new home. My younger cat is very much not charmed by the intruders, and at times it sounds like aliens have chosen my barn (which is connected to the house) as a fine starting place for their invasion.

At least I have found out what those sounds are now, I've been searching with a flashlight 3 times before finding out it's not my goats or my neighbour's turkeys in distress (all peacefully asleep) but just my Efraïm telling neighbour's Mientje to get out of his barn. Mientje doesn't seem to be impressed.
Let's hope they'll keep it down tonight...

250859701_10224532782021385_6800202767407898329_n.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Stuffed bell pepper (onion, leek, chorizo, mushrooms, bit of tomato puree, a beaten egg mixed with a sorry little bit of leftover cottage cheese) and zaziki, which I hadn't eaten in a long time, yum!
Too bad I dropped the pot of zaziki on the kitchen floor after putting it on my plate, good thing I have dogs and cats happy to clean up every last bit. :D

More than enough left in the tub for future meals too, I started with a liter of Greek yoghurt minus a bit to make room in the tub for the cucumber, so nothing bad happened apart from feeling like an idiot for thinking I could balance it the way I did while making room in the fridge.

Oh I’ve done that failed fridge balancing act so many times - I never learn, always think I’ll manage it! Agree that dogs are worth their weight in gold at those times.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

Wish me luck tonight.
Neighbour (the one who moved to a trailer in my back garden recently) has opened the cat door in his trailer today, after keeping his 4 cats inside for a month to get used to their new home. My younger cat is very much not charmed by the intruders, and at times it sounds like aliens have chosen my barn (which is connected to the house) as a fine starting place for their invasion.

At least I have found out what those sounds are now, I've been searching with a flashlight 3 times before finding out it's not my goats or my neighbour's turkeys in distress (all peacefully asleep) but just my Efraïm telling neighbour's Mientje to get out of his barn. Mientje doesn't seem to be impressed.
Let's hope they'll keep it down tonight...

250859701_10224532782021385_6800202767407898329_n.jpg

Good luck! Hope you manage to get some undisturbed sleep. The noise that angry cats make can be shocking, can't it? Pity about the spillage - your dogs and cats got lucky though. I hope you managed to enjoy what was left.

Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: chopped up Lorne sausage with onions and fried in butter and oil.

2nd meal: 2 lamb chops with stir fried cauliflower florets. There was a lot of cauliflower (half of a medium sized one) and I couldn't resist just picking at it until there were only 3 florets left and there was no point keeping them. I will probably regret it tomorrow. Later, I was still hungry though and have just had some strawberries and cream.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Village meeting, but only drinks on offer were Pimms made with apple juice and lemonade, or soft drinks, Coke or fruit juices. Came home thirsty!
Bit disappointed that they supplied soft drinks, I was hoping you were going to say you had the finest red and white wines.

Reactions: maglil55