What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Didn’t feel like food early today, so unintended long fast, got by on black coffee until dinner tonight which was salmon, tenderstem broccoli, cream cheese and sparkling mineral water.

Add my birthday greetings for @Goonergal , tinged with a touch of envy for your meals.:)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two hard boiled eggs, two slices low carb toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Chicken pie without the lid, lemon cordial osmolax mix for smoko.
Smoked brisket and veggies for lunch.
Brawn and salad in low carb wraps, a small serve of coffee gelato for supper at six.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday 6 January bed 8 FBG 7.2. It seems tests are picking up dead virus on son. Youngest grandson will be allowed back to school 10 January if he has negative LFTs Saturday/Sunday. Let's say he really wants out of covid prison!

B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with whipped cheese.
L. Nothing
D. Really not hungry so I had coconut milk and 4 M&S crackers with port salou, wensleydale with cranberries and whipped cheese. I did also have a scoop of Oppo with raspberries later.

Friday 7 January bed 8.2 FBG 6.3 - BGs are crazy. I'm double checking with strips and they really are all over the place.

B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with egg mayo
L Nothing
D. Courgetti carbonara & 2 G&Ts!

Lego Death Star is complete. Eldest has been here after school as well so he's been eating here too. It's certainly big!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: Dairylea cheese on a slice of wholemeal bread. 20 g carbs. Needed to be fast to get ready for cleaner to come - she was late, of course so I would have had plenty of time. Pretty sure she would have been early if I'd left eating, assuming she would be late!

2nd meal: Cassoulet cooking at the moment. Not sure how many carbs in the beans. I've used chicken instead of pork and a couple of left-over pork sausages, a bulb of fennel, a carrot and some banana shallots with a can of butter beans. Not a classic recipe and at present I'm not hungry so will leave it until later - I have a zoom meeting to go to, so I'll hope to feel hungry after that. No guarantees.

I asked Neil to get me some echinacea and raspberry tea but he couldn't find any and brought home Twinings "immune support" (mostly blackberry, I think) and it's really surprisingly nice. Might just make some up and chill it for a quick glass of something during the day.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Dinner: egg mayo sandwich made with low carb food company bread roll, leafy salad and coleslaw followed by SF blackcurrant jelly and cream.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dentist this morning so no food until my mouth stopped being numb, around 2pm

Fresh raw prawns cooked in garlic butter with a handful of spinach chucked in at the end, and served on 1/2 a toasted SLC roll. DGF brownie and clotted cream.

Dinner - beef shin which I put in the slow cooker last night with a ton of mushrooms, served with buttered cabbage and followed by cheese and seedy crackers.
An hour or so later I had a square of 85% chocolate to scoop up the last spoonful of clotted cream.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brunch: black coffee, Fage full fat yogurt, walnuts
Mid afternoon defcaff black coffee
dinner: chilli beef, caiulflower rice, low sugar tonic water

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After first full nights sleep for 3 nights bg was up to 6, from 5.2 yesterday. No rhyme, no reason.
B: berries with ff greek and seeds
Quick walk
L: salad with cold meats and cheeses, a small portion of my caulifower cheese savoury fried in butter. Trying to show a friend who "could never give up bread or sandwiches at lunchtime" that there can be another way.
Off to a funeral, at which the deceased, a renowned baker, had instructed us all to celebrate her life by eating lots of cake. Managed to stick to a small "gluten free" brownie which I'm sure had sugar in, but at least I honored her wish.
Home with a raging headache...hmm:bigtears:
D: 2 soft boiled eggs with cheesy soda bread dippers. 2 sqs 85% chocolate

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast fried bacon, egg and mushrooms
Lunch hm celeriac soup with hm lc roll followed by yoghurt with a few raspberries, some pumpkin seeds and three squares of 90% chocolate
Dinner salmon in lemon butter with green beans and glass of soda water with dash of dry white wine followed by lc lemon and blueberry cake

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, refried left over veggies, tomatoes for breakfast.
Cheese and ham low carb toasted sandwich, lemon cordial mix for smoko.
Grilled Snapper fillets, mixed salad for lunch.
Baked beans on low carb toast for supper at six.

@Goonergal belated birthday wishes for the other day.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Didn’t have time for breakfast today so first meal was
L- cobb salad
D- DD quick Keto curry bowl.
The DietDoctor Reset meal plan is going well, I’m enjoying the food and I finally saw BG back in 4s and 5s today. Of course that may have been due to the 5 miles of walking I did this morning delivering leaflets.
I think I need to join you on the reset!

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Advice please. I want to get some high meat/low carb sausages for our ‘second Christmas’ buffet party on Sunday. Fat head sausage rolls have been requested but I’ll only be able to get to one of the following supermarkets, which one is likely to be my best bet for the best sausages?
Aldi, Lidl, Tesco or Asda?
I know you've had loads of replies and your 2nd buffet has passed but, for the future, I find Tesco tend to have more than a few high protein, low carb gluten free. My butcher does loads as well but that won't help you!

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday 8 January - bed 8.1 FBG 7.9. Jujitsu started today but now at 11am! I did enough shopping yesterday to leave a Sainsburys delivery to Monday.

B TAG
L. Couple of M&S crackers with Wensleydale & cranberries.
D. Cold cuts - ox tongue, roast beef, mini German sausage, mortadella. 1/2 avocado, tomato, mozzarella and a boiled egg. A wee orange gin and soda.

Sunday 9 January - bed 8.8 FBG 8.7. No logic for this.

B. TAG
L. Bacon & egg.
D. Got a lovely very thick sirloin in M&S which I sealed in a pan then popped in the oven for 14 mins to xook like a roast. Rested for 10 mins and was beautifully rare when sliced. Had it with mushrooms, green beans and tenderstem broccoli. Usual campari and soda.

Reactions: Goonergal

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I need to join you on the reset!

Please do! I had to postpone week 2 as I knew I wouldn’t be able to keep to it - eating out/ different occasions etc but I’ll happily restart or repeat week 1 again. They are all high protein meals which suits me.
Thanks for the sausage info btw. I did find a good selection in Tesco.

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: 3 RyVita with Boursin - 21 g carbs.

2nd meal: Butter roasted chicken leg with some mixed veggies.

A very short night - got to bed about 12.30 in the morning; very tired so I dozed off very quickly. Had another of my suffocating dreams and woke again at 1.45. Had to get up - once I've had that dream I can't stay horizontal. Somehow I can feel more in control of it sitting up, even if I do sleep. And I do sleep - I did doze off around 5 am but now finding it difficult to actually wake up properly.

Reactions: maglil55