What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
DB901FBB-8833-464A-AB3F-D55966339F29.jpeg

10ish small glass of hm kefir then one high percentage pork sausage with half a cooked tomato on lc toast
1ish -see photo - some hm cultured veggies with a few nuts and some gambazola and blacksticks blue cheeses followed by a few berries and hm yoghurts and a couple of squares of 100% chocolate
5ish roast chicken dinner with cauliflower cheese followed by lc blondie.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a food dr bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Finally got everything cooked, cooled and packed away. But it's 9.40 and I haven't had any food today and I'm not going to bother now. Tea will just have to be enough to keep me going. Breakfast will have to be early to get into town and get stuff unloaded before the conference begins at 10 am. Neil is feeling OK just now, so he should be able to help getting things into the conference centre (including me in my chair). Huge amount of washing up in the sinks waiting to be done but it won't be tonight now - shower and bed for me!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bacon, egg, sausage, mushrooms for breakfast, with a self indulgent half slice of seeded wholemeal bread, fried in the bacon fat.
Lots of coffee throughout day until dinner.
Dinner was beef brisket, slow pot roasted, creamed cauliflower, red cabbage, sugar snap peas, gravy from meat juices and some red onion, a fair few glasses of Pinot Noir. Would have preferred Merlot, but Mr Pipp opened the wrong bottle, and seemed a shame to waste it.
:rolleyes:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast
Short walk with a friend followed by coffee with cream in the garden
L: 2 hard boiled eggs, mayo, some cauliflower cheese bites. Small yog with raspberries.
Off back to dismantle scout camp.
Doing well avoiding food until someone handed round the brownies :banghead: only one, but when will I learn to say No. At least I resisted taking the whole crate of leftover cakes
D: pub roast chicken with a well earned white wine spritzer

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s been a weekend of unexpected crises and minor emergencies so food has been a bit erratic. Yesterday: no actual meals but grabbed stuff from the fridge when I realised I was hungry. Very little cheese left in fridge now.
Today started better with cheese omelette and chilli sauerkraut.
Late Lunch of Turkey breast and salad.
Very late evening, far too late to eat really - The rest of the Brie, the remains of a packet of M&S crackers, few olives, nuts and a large glass of red.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 hug for unexpected crises and minor emergencies.
Still no real appetite and not tasting properly but have decided to push through and last night ate a child size portion of Bolognese on top of green beans with a big spoon of grated parmesan (sad not to be able to taste that). This morning had usual slice LC toast with good butter and lots of tea. Lunchtime had the remaining small portion of last night’s dinner. Tonight will try Green Cuisine plant burgers baked with portobello mushrooms. Might add a squirt of Nandos sauce to nudge my taste buds!

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
Breakfast - 2egg omelette
snack - handfull of Brazil nuts
lunch - 2x dark ryvita + hummus + coleslaw (30g carbs)
snack - FF grk yoghurt + handful of pecans (5g carbs)
dinner (cooking now) - cabbage + butternut squash + chorizo (25g carbs)
supper (to come) - red wine and some smelly camembert that is trying to get out of the fridge by itself (5g carbs)
+ oatmilk in coffees

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
10ish two boiled eggs with low carb buttered roll and a glass of hm kefir
1ish a few nuts, pieces of cheese and portion of cultured veggies followed by a few garden berries and hm yoghurts plus a few squares of 100% chocolate
5ish frittata and salads followed by sf jelly with a few berries and hm yoghurt
@PenguinMum sorry to hear about your repeat bout of covid and losing your sense of taste - sounds dreadful, taste is crucial to enjoying food and drinks @DJC3 sending hugs to you too for your difficult times - thinking of you. Take care you guys.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: coffee shop cappuccino and a carb killa bar.
Dinner: bolognese with sliced sautéed courgette followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the hugs, I’m staying with my daughter this week so hopefully a quieter one ahead. @PenguinMum good call with the Nando’s sauce, I do hope it sparks your tastebuds into submission.
Breakfast was a chicken and edamame snack pot from M&S after early morning dog walk and school run.
Lunch was roast beef and salad in SLC roll
D- Another of the batch-cooked DD Chicken caprese casseroles.
Yoghurt making on hold until I get back home @shelley262 then I’ll be in full production mode again.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@MrsA2 I thought for a moment that as you dismantled the scout camp you ate one of those little Brownie Guides. :facepalm::bag:

Today I thought a bit of fasting was in order. Waited until evening to eat one meal. Just black coffee, until then, the hardcore stuff, then decaff after noon.
Used up left over beef from yesterday to make beef and mushroom casserole, to serve with cauliflower rice, and shredded savoy cabbage. All good, until, wobbled, and splat! Upended the lot, all over some important documents, my phone and ipad, on table, and it spread to sofa and floor. Not even a mushroom left on plate. So, dinner was strawberries and yogurt. With some cursing for good measure.:arghh:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Pipp so sorry for the lost dinner, and after fasting all day too

10:30ish 2 hard boiled eggs with a whole avocado. 2 full sugar biscuits (just to prove I can't be trusted to have them in the house!!)

1ish a handful of pecans and a bit of cheese

Mid afternoon : a coconut icecream bar, 14g of carbs. Spike to 8.

D: pork chop with caulifower cheese. 2 sqs 85% chocolate

Off to a meeting (took the real biscuits so they are now out of the house) but came home hungry so 2 boiled eggs and 2 apricots.

Looking back not a good day , too many bad snacks.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got side tracked yesterday by Blue Care coming early on Monday so no menu for Sunday.

Bacon and two egg and cheese omeltte, two slices of toast and ginger marmadade.
Two small sausage rolls with the BC nurse for smoko.
Two chicken legs, mashed potato (MRE) and gravy for lunch.
Small portion of savoury liver and bacon for supper at six.

Glass of single mal before a early night.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Had to get away to get all my stuff to the conference centre this morning, so just grabbed the last 2 RyVita and had them with butter and Marmite.

Lunch was at the conference centre cafe and I chose the least harmful dish I could see - sweet and sour chicken. It came absolutely swimming in a sauce which was, admittedly sweet, but not in the least sour. Just fished the chicken and vegetables out and left the rest. I still felt hungry but told my stomach to shut up and leave me alone. However, about an hour later my Libre alarm went off to tell me my bg was 3.5. Had a piece of flapjack but they were very small pieces and it didn't help. Bg just kept on plummeting so I had to have one of the biscuits I'd baked. That seemed to work.

We all had dinner at the centre as well and it was pointed out to me that there were omelettes which I hadn't noticed before. I ordered a cheese omelette with salad but no chips. It eventually arrived with chips but I didn't eat them. The omelette was very good though. Back to the conference and my Libre went off again. I was wondering by then why I was feeling odd and realised when a full blown hypo developed. Scrabbled in my bag for a boiled sweet, found 2 old ones that must have been there since the ark grounded and one fairly recent one. That one shoved bg back up to 5.8.

Too many vegetables for my system to cope with though, which I discovered around 9.30 this evening. By then I was in the middle of baking off the rest of the biscuit doughs so had to take the current batch out of the oven so they didn't burn. Still - all done now and ready for packing up in the morning. Innards still rumbling a bit so not sure what kind of a night I'll have.

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. For bf 2 Ryvitas with ham. For main meal it will be roast turkey and green veg. Any snacks will be vlc. Have been ill and am having to cut the fat down as it was affecting me badly.

Reactions: DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Innards still rumbling a bit so not sure what kind of a night I'll have.

It was a short one. In bed by 12.30, asleep pretty rapidly and awake again by 2.45. Everything was aching by then so I took some pain killers and sat in the chair for the rest of the night - dozing off and on.

No breakfast so far, but it will just be some toast - white bread to reduce the fibre content.

2nd meal was going to be at the conference but I can't go today (reasons in parallel chat) so will make Goonergal's dish of onions, bacon and mince from a day or so back. Think I'll pass on the cauliflower mash I was going to have with it though.

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Pipp hug for the loss of your dinner and of course that it landed on important stuff but I wanted to rate your post as funny for your comment to @MrsA2 about her brownie!
@Annb you take care sounds like you have done too much.
@RosemaryB good to see you back but sorry to hear you’ve been ill.
I’m trying to read others posts and then write my days food but keep being distracted by dramatic breaking politics news........
Well while I await the next resignation announcement here’s what I ate today
10ish hm yoghurts and kefir with seeds and a few garden berries
1ish a few pieces of cheese, nuts, cultured veggies and 2 lc seeded crackers followed by a few berries and hm yoghurts plus a few squares of 100% chocolate
5ish chicken marinated in Indian spices with salad of garden leaves and herbs and cultured veggies followed by sf jelly.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a food dr bar.
Dinner: gammon steak with Brussels and green beans followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.