What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: full fat yog with berries and seeds
Exercise class later
L: 2 m and s seedy flatbreads (pack says 5g carbs each) with St Agur blue cheese. Had one of the crackers yesterday so thought I'd risk 2 today. Very seedy but the small amount of wheat in there did rise me from 6.5 to 8.5, just about OK. Nice to have a change of crunch. Did manage to buy 4 of the M and S super seedy crackers too. Followed with medium portion of hm lc crumble cake with cream
Mid afternoon, a Bounty ice cream bar which hardly affected my bg at all.
D: hubby had pasta, I had cabbage ribbons, both with a sauce made of cooked salmon, cream cheese and herbs. 2 glasses rose well watered down.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an amfit bar.
Dinner: crispy cheese and tomato omelette followed by SF jelly and cream.
I had an electric vehicle charger fitted to my house today. I had to chuckle that it’s a type 2, there is a type 1 charger as well but just like the two types of diabetes, type 2 is the more common!

Edit for typo

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still not much appetite.
Brunch, one strawberry, Greek yogurt full fat stuff, black coffee
Late afternoon 2 boiled egss, small piece of cheddar. Decaff coffee.
Supper, maybe a glass of coconut milk, but not sure. Something not right. Mr Pipp was about to open a bottle of Malbec. I didn’t want any, so he settled for beer instead. Didn’t want any of that, either.:stop:

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast as 11:00 PT session. Very hard!
L- tuna pate with lc toast, still hungry 1/2 hr later so a packet of M&S rollitos
Mid aft- 2 large strawberries
D- traybake salmon fillet and veg with feta cheese crumbled over at the end. 2 glasses dry white wine.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No breakfast as 11:00 PT session. Very hard!
L- tuna pate with lc toast, still hungry 1/2 hr later so a packet of M&S rollitos
Mid aft- 2 large strawberries
D- traybake salmon fillet and veg with feta cheese crumbled over at the end. 2 glasses dry white wine.
Now that salmon with veg and feta could whet my appetite.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Miles behind! Had a busy time of leavers events/anniversaries/birthdays and....relax!

Sunday 26 June - bed 8 FBG 7.8 BGs still sitting high.

B TAG and a piece of crustless quiche

L. Nothing - still at swimming lessons with grandson

D. Usual campari and soda. Rick Stein's beef stroganoff with celeriac chips. HC praline.

Monday 27 - bed 7.8 FBG 7.7

DILs birthday yesterday, our anniversary today and the final week of school starts. A lot of emotional events for eldest grandson who moves onto senior school after the holidays.

B. TAG and a bit of crustless quiche.

L. Nothing too busy rushing between schools. Rehearsals are underway for final leavers assembly.

D. Leftover stroganoff and celeriac chips. Not terribly exciting for an anniversary but there's just not enough time to do anything this week.
Strawberries and cream and I did have a gin and diet lemonade.
20220626_183946.jpg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with bits and pieces of veg, refried and mixed in.

2nd meal will be salmon with some broccoli/cauli mash and some baked courgette slices. Might finish with a few strawberries and cream.

Have to make greater efforts to drink more and keep fluid levels up, especially after being dehydrated on Monday. I keep forgetting to have fluids and then suddenly find it's 11 pm and I am still a good half litre short of my target.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday 28 June - bed 8.3 FBG 8.1 - still quite high

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with smoked chicken and guacamole.

L Grenade ice cream bar

D. Just grabbed some cold cuts - ox tongue, mortadella, ham, 1/2 avocado, santini tomatoes and deli coleslaw.

Eldest grandson was here in the afternoon as they were rehearsing the leavers event and he was the tech guy! School WiFi had gone down in a number of school so the tech wasn't operational!

Wednesday 29 June - bed 7.9 FBG 8.1

B. School WiFi is back so it was a mad morning sorting out the tech for grandson. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with whipped cheese.

L Nothing

D. Leavers assembly went off fine - later Katsu chicken burger, santini tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, slice Emmental, deli coleslaw. Nick's LC Coconut bar.

Thursday 30 June - bed & FBG both 7.8

B. TAG and a bit of crustless quiche

L. Nick's LC Coconut bar

D SLC pizza with tomato, salami, cheese.

This was leavers dance day. Grandson was super smart in his suit and new trilby hat.

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All
My cough and lurgy turned out to be Covid, much worse than first time in 2020. Since LoDough pizza on Sunday night I have only had the odd bit of toast and constant tea. Yesterday evening I had two scrambled eggs but only because I felt I should make the effort. I have a C&C today so at least stocked up for the week again. Hopefully its on the upward trajectory from here.
2020 was my worst one. Lasted 26 weeks! Next 2 were no worse than a cold. Rest, water and paracetamol. Hope you're on the road to recovery now.

Reactions: Antje77

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3 hug for unexpected crises and minor emergencies.
Still no real appetite and not tasting properly but have decided to push through and last night ate a child size portion of Bolognese on top of green beans with a big spoon of grated parmesan (sad not to be able to taste that). This morning had usual slice LC toast with good butter and lots of tea. Lunchtime had the remaining small portion of last night’s dinner. Tonight will try Green Cuisine plant burgers baked with portobello mushrooms. Might add a squirt of Nandos sauce to nudge my taste buds!
That revived me as I only got to "last night ate a child"!! Reminded me of showing grandsons the importance of punctuation. There is a big difference between "let's eat, grandma. I'm hungry." and "let's eat grandma, I'm hungry."

Reactions: Antje77

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well back to yesterday. Brekkie then and today was slice LC toast and lots of tea.
Lunch yesterday was 2 Higgidy mini frittatas and a chunk of cheddar. Supper was chunky cod fish fingers and 5 asparagus spears. Lunch today was a few strawberries and small tub of Mr PM’s Yeo Valley fruit yogurt. Supper will be rosemary & garlic salmon fillet and the remainder of the asparagus all baked in the oven.
@maglil55 you made me laugh about the punctuation of my post re “child portion”.
@DJC3 sounds like you like rollitos as much as I do. They make such a satisfying lunch if you’re busy.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a DGF millionaire’s shortbread.
Dinner: coronation chicken, leafy salad, three tiny tomatoes and coleslaw followed by SF blackcurrant jelly and cream.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Intended to be good...
10:30 2 scrambled eggs with quite a lot of cooked salmon
1:00 1 cracker with a spread of blue cheese, 2 cherry tomatoes
Mid afternoon 1 small scoop ice cream
6:00 pm 2 glasses wine spritzer at the pub, and 1 pack crisps as can't drink without food and this is all there was.
7:30 sort of paella made with caulifower rice. 2 scoops icecream

I was OK until I had alcohol! I blame the heat ;)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday 1 July - bed 7.7 FBG 7.6. Emotional day. Last day at Primary. Emotional for parents, teachers and children. They certainly did it on a large scale. There were gifts. Each child got a good pen - engraved and earlier this year they had the classmates write words about each classmate. They used the words to make a head & Shoulders for each child which was framed. They were than piped out with their teachers in ftontbof the whole school & family through arches and covered in silly string and party poppers. Quite an event.

B. TAG and a bit of crustless quiche.

L. Nothing at the leavers exodus.

D. Omelette with onion, mushrooms and chicken plus a few of Hubby's chips. . Nick's LC Coconut

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
1130hrs late breakfast . Fried eggs, bacon , sausage, avacado , mushrooms
1500hrs L salmon , panchetta bits and a feta cheese salad
2030hrs late dinner , 2 x chicken enchiladas on low carb wraps . 4g/wrap smothered in cheese.
2x 85%chocolate square's

Last edited:
Reactions: Annb and maglil55

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three slices middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms and tomatoes for breakfast.
No smoko, as I had every one and their dog come at one time, BC nurse to dress my legs, one of the palliative care unit nurses, and my GP with my CT scan results.
MRE Spag bol, four bits of warm garlic bread to keep my insides happy for lunch.
Grilled tailor fillets, green veggies for supper at six.

Crispbread and danish blue cheese watching Prime video.

Glass of single male whisky before an early night listrng to ABC Jazz.

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Well, the teatime tin salmon went out of the window. I was so hot and in so much pain, had 2 mini ice creams and a chocolate biscuit. Didn't cheer me up, just felt guilty. Am fasting till 1 then will have a garlic Kiev with cauli and broccoli mash with grated cheese. And teatime maybe the tin salmon with mayo and lettuce. Hope it's not going to be quite so hot.