What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today- Sunday bed 8.3 FBG 7 3 - I really don't get this. I'm hoping it's not the berries.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.

L. Half a keto protein bar.

D. Usual campari and soda and loads of ice.
Rib eye, cauliflower cheese, exotic mushrooms, parmentier celeriac (haven't made that for a while too) and Diane sauce.

I'm staying away from the berries to see what effect that is on my night/morning BGs.

@DJC3 I'd forgotten the timings for the salami crisps. I think it was something like 1 5 mins in a 850 microwave, check and if need be, give it another 30 seconds. I burnt a few trying to do them too quickly and, I was fooled by them not crisping immediately. Must make them again as I'm getting lazy with the serrano ham and the pancetta crisps in M&S.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: small bowl of home made granola with milk. Probably too much fruit in it because my BG is up to 16.4. Either that, or it's this darned cold.

2nd meal will be the haddock I cooked off yesterday and I will just have to find the energy to shred some vegetables for a stir fry to go with it. Don't feel very energetic right now but I've just got around to getting dressed - first time in days and that's taken it out of me a bit. After a rest maybe.

Didn't stir fry - once I'd chopped up all the veggies that needed using up, there was far too much for a stir fry, so I've put them in a baking tray in the oven (with some bacon I found in the bottom of the fridge - also chopped up) and will add the fish once it's all done. There will be rather a lot so I shall have a fair bit left over. In fact, I'm not hungry at all. I feel a stew coming on in the next few days.

Edited to fix typo.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today- Sunday bed 8.3 FBG 7 3 - I really don't get this. I'm hoping it's not the berries.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.

L. Half a keto protein bar.

D. Usual campari and soda and loads of ice.
Rib eye, cauliflower cheese, exotic mushrooms, parmentier celeriac (haven't made that for a while too) and Diane sauce.

I'm staying away from the berries to see what effect that is on my night/morning BGs.

@DJC3 I'd forgotten the timings for the salami crisps. I think it was something like 1 5 mins in a 850 microwave, check and if need be, give it another 30 seconds. I burnt a few trying to do them too quickly and, I was fooled by them not crisping immediately. Must make them again as I'm getting lazy with the serrano ham and the pancetta crisps in M&S.

in my view chorizo make even better crisps. I haven't made those in a while either.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
in my view chorizo make even better crisps. I haven't made those in a while either.

That’s uncanny! Just reading @maglil55 ‘s post and was wondering if chorizo would work as well. I found a pack of chorizo I’d forgotten about in the fridge earlier. Happy days, I’ll be crisping them tomorrow.

Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: yoghurt seeds and blueberries
Strangely high bgs all day, 8s and 7s. Is it the heat?
L: 2 flatbreads with a smear of humus and ham
D: visitors were treated with; roast chicken, gammon, peppers filled with tomato and fennel, courgettes with bacon and cheese, salad, coleslaw, pickled veg. Carb eaters had some spinach puff pastries as well. Pud was a hm lc cheesecake with apricots.
Wine was drunk.
Bg only now down to 6.5
I did drink a second 100g serving of water kefir (1st was yesterday), feeling quite bloated and not quite right. Is this connected to higher than usual bgs? Which comes first? Who knows?:banghead:

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Found a small mre bangers and mash in the fridge, that took care of breakfast after nuking it for five minutes.
No smoko today.
Grilled belly pork slices, veggies, gravy for lunch.
Two chicken legs for supper at six.

Four Gullon chocolate digestive biscuits, pannikin of black billy tea watching prime.tv

Link to the Woolies bangers and mash, they did not rock the bgl to much.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/693324/woolworths-bangers-mash-chilled-meal

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s uncanny! Just reading @maglil55 ‘s post and was wondering if chorizo would work as well. I found a pack of chorizo I’d forgotten about in the fridge earlier. Happy days, I’ll be crisping them tomorrow.

Any of those fattier dense "sausages" will work.

I have experimented with slicing the slabs at home and concluded it is possible to make them (virtually) disappear in the cooking process. It is also possible to make something similar to cast steel. About 1mm (aka shop bought thickness) seems optimum in my world.

Enjoy!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m way behind with this thread.

Have come away for a few days - combination of a meeting later in the week with exploring the Birmingham ‘Key to the City’ sites. So far, so good.

Yesterday’s food was yoghurt, extra thick double cream and raspberries on the train - had bought and opened all 3 the day before so didn’t want to leave them lingering in the fridge for a week. Hotel kindly stored what was left as my room (and fridge) weren’t ready due to my morning arrival.

Dinner was at German Doner Kebab. Beef gym box eaten sitting on a bench in the park next to the cathedral in the sun.

Saturday was a combination of home made burgers and some lamb kebabs picked up at a local farmers market with some fried onions - see pic. Beyond that can’t really remember!

Am guessing that the Deliciously Guilt Free fans on here are already aware of the ‘year’s supply of chocolate’ giveaway going on, but just in case…..https://deliciouslyguiltfree.com/pages/chocolate-giveaway-july-2022

E7B3493C-0779-4F13-91F5-D7C24AFE99C0.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Today won't be the stew that I thought about, nor was last night's meal the fish and veg I promised myself. Veggies were almost done and I put the fish on top to heat through and then ... fell asleep and only woke up when I could smell the burning! Just as well I wasn't hungry because it was all consigned to the bin.

This morning I will have bacon, sausage and egg for breakfast. Feeling a bit peckish now.

2nd meal will be mixed vegetables and cheese sauce. Must get Neil to buy some vegetables when he takes me to the health centre to get my legs done. Most of what I had left were in the burnt offering. Ham seems to be an issue here at the moment - there doesn't seem to be any in the supermarkets; no idea why.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m another one catching up only because I got distracted by stuff. Saturday I had my usual brekkie, in fact every day, of slice of LC toast and copious tea.
Wasnt hungry lunchtime, never am when its hot, so had a mug of tea and a couple of Higgidy mini fritatas. Supper was Tandoori King Prawns and cauli bhajee. Gave in to one popadom!
Yesterday was out to lunch at son’s pub with all the family. I ordered slow roast lamb, without potatoes or Yorkshire and asked for green veg. The server said it comes with “its own veg” of carrot, parsnip, red cabbage and green cabbage. I explained that wasnt good for my blood sugar and since green veg was listed on the Sides list could I have that. There was a lot of eyebrow raising and it ended up they served me a separate bowl of mixed green veg ample for 4 people which I hardly touched because my lamb had enough green cabbage on the plate and it didnt suit anyone else’s meal. Of course they charged extra for the side. The worst thing was my new daughter in law asked if she could have the Thai fish cakes in the Starter section as a main course and they only served her two tiny fishcakes starter 5 mins after our mains were delivered. I had a Grrrr moment but DIL was embarrassed and both sons sent me frantic signals to leave it. Anyway thats all I ate yesterday but my FBG was still high today.
@Annb sorry to hear you’re struggling even more than usual and hope you start to feel better soon. About to go in search of a couple slices cooked ham for lunch only because it needs moving along! Have made chilli for tonight’s supper. Then we have visitors for the rest of the week so will try and get back here. BBQ tomorrow night and probably more wine than is wise!

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
Catching up. I won't criticize myself about Saturday as it consisted of a near 30mile walk around some of the hills of Worcestershire on what was a super hot day. I just ate whatever was on offer at the checkpoints, crisps (for the salt), cheese sandwich, mini sausage rolls, flapjack, cashew nuts, and a cold pint of Stella at the finish i.e. lots of carbs.
Sunday, breakfast - back pudding and fried egg (10g carbs). Lunch - 2xRyvita & cottage cheese (15g). Dinner - salad leaves, baby toms, peppers, feta, chicken, olives, spring onions, mayo, (10g?). Brazil nut snack. teas/coffees with oatmilk. 2x red wine. Comfortably under 60g for the day.
So far today - breakfast - back pudding and fried egg (10g carbs). Lunch - 2xRyvita & the last of the cottage cheese (15g). Dinner will be mackerel salad and a glass of white wine on the patio once the sun has lost some of its power. :)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: yoghurt seeds and blueberries
Strangely high bgs all day, 8s and 7s. Is it the heat?
L: 2 flatbreads with a smear of humus and ham
D: visitors were treated with; roast chicken, gammon, peppers filled with tomato and fennel, courgettes with bacon and cheese, salad, coleslaw, pickled veg. Carb eaters had some spinach puff pastries as well. Pud was a hm lc cheesecake with apricots.
Wine was drunk.
Bg only now down to 6.5
I did drink a second 100g serving of water kefir (1st was yesterday), feeling quite bloated and not quite right. Is this connected to higher than usual bgs? Which comes first? Who knows?:banghead:
I was starting to wonder about heat as mine have been unusually high too (for once I'm not unwell). Today though my right leg has gone do-lally again with pins and needles. I've been working on it all day. I couldn't even walk this morning.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@RosemaryJackson I hope you had fun at the pensioners lunch, I do admire your attitude.
@PenguinMum that meal out experience is so annoying. It really shouldn’t be hard to swap veg.
Too hot for big meals today but I seem to have eaten a fair amount.
1st breakfast: QC of latest yoghurts (pass)
2nd breakfast: flaxseed and turmeric wrap filled with Brie, Turkey and chilli sauerkraut. Choc chia pud.
L- leftover broccoli and green beans from yesterdays lunch, mixed with avocado, raw courgette pine nuts and parmesan. Vinaigrette dressing. Really nice for a cobbled together meal.
D-chorizo crisps!! ( thanks for reminders @maglil55 and @AndBreathe )With a dollop of cream cheese and some nuts plus a glass of red.
IMG_0468.jpg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had a few bits of cheddar cheese instead of a veggie meal. Not up to standing to prep or cook the veg. I'll have to stop promising myself a second meal and wait to see what happens or just accept that it is one meal and maybe a snack of a bit of cheese or ham. Not really missing the meal anyway. Surely I should even lose weight if I go for OMAD most days. (Don't kid yourself Ann - nothing is going to make the weight go away.)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Way too hot for me today and not enough walks so our doggie lodger is very lively this evening!
Breakfast glass of hm kefir
Lunch cultivated veggies with some cheese and nuts followed by a few berries and hm yoghurts and a couple of squares of 100% chocolate
Dinner Indian spiced chicken with salads followed by sf jelly with hm yoghurts . I’m enjoying making sf jelly again definitely good to have something cool and refreshing
Not looking forward to tomorrow as car going in for it’s MOT that’s always a nail biting day......

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ff greek with seeds and one chopped fresh apricot
Hours walk before it got too hot... who am I kidding it was already hot so stayed mostly in the woods.
Coffee with friends
L: picked veg with chicken and a roasted pepper
D: 2 hard boiled eggs and a bit of cold chicken. Small scoop ice cream. I glass white wine to finish the bottle.

Very miffed when I weighed myself this morning to find another 2 lbs gone on. Tummy feeling quite bloated. Not sure what's going on. Is it the increase in pickle and kefir? Have stayed away from the new flatbreads incase it's the wheat in those. But don't like it. My t-shirts are feeling too tight.