What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Same as yesterday, but with a picture today. :)
Endive, cucumber and a little bit of raw onion topped with shawarma meat and the rest of the onion with garlic sauce and smokey sriracha. :hungry:

297696860_10225980521573969_7967797916626240940_n.jpg

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hot weather always puts me off food. Yesterday I ate a chicken thigh with some roasted veg.
Today I ate nothing until 9pm when I finished the left over chicken from yesterday.
Have drank plenty of water, and iced coffee both days.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast as wanted to do the supermarket run before it got too hot. The downside was shopping hungry, and shopping for non diabetics meant going down the cake aisle, and the pasta aisle and the bread aisle
Didn't succumb, but was tempted.
Ended up with an 11:15 scrambled eggs with salmon
D: was a couple of kofta and couple of tomatoes and seedy crackers while drinking 2 glasses wine with soda.
Our visitors finally arrived at 10 pm. They brought more cake.
Bit concerned how I'll cope with all the carbs around
20g of cheese as very hungry but now off to bed.

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
Hi all , after letting hair down today as at a family members wedding .
1000hrs B chia seed pudding with nuts , berries and yougart
1330hrs pre wedding vows , quick snack of cold meats
1800hrs , beef and veg from wedding menu . Letting my hair down but have stuck to red wine and few spirits with mixers .I do and I don't miss the consumption of alcohol we'll see how fbg are In the morning but regardless its back on the horse tomorrow morning. What do other think of the very occasional consumption of more their usual carb intake and also the amount of alcohol consumed. This won't be a regular for me but will on occasionally I may

Last edited:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1800hrs , beef and veg from wedding menu . Letting my hair down but have stuck to red wine and few spirits with mixers .I do and I don't miss the consumption of alcohol we'll see how fbg are In the morning but regardless its back on the horse tomorrow morning. What do other think of the very occasional consumption of more their usual carb intake and also the amount of alcohol consumed. This won't be a regular for me but will on occasionally I may
I think its called "life", it happens ,enjoy it, move on and get back on track asap. Just keep an eye on your meter, and on the number of times "life" happens

Reactions: maglil55

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello All
So yesterday and today brekkie slice of LC toast, lots of tea.
Lunch yesterday shared with Mr PM was two packs of pigs and blankets needing moving on from freezer. We had them with quad dips (Sainsburys) which also needed moving on from fridge. It was nice to share the same lunch and was tasty. Currently wearing a Libre and oddly it gave me a rapid rise and rapid fall at two hours and three hours. Soon back down after that.
Supper was a LoDough pizza with goats cheese and black olives.
Tummy was a bit helter skelter all day due to the heat!
Lunch today will be an avocado halved and filled with a few prawns.
Supper t/a planned so Tandoori King Prawns and cauliflower bhajee.
Is anyone having difficulty finding the 10 cal jelly in Mango & Passionfruit flavour? I cant find it anywhere and its by far my favourite!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Every day can be a new start - nothing to worry about; unless it becomes a habit, of course.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: the remainder of the mushroom soup.
2nd meal - had it already because Em is going to arrive at some stage for a sleepover and I have a Zoom meeting to attend early evening - Greek style salad with some bits of cheese. Not feeling very full with that so it might not be a 2MD after all. The salad wasn't very big because I didn't want to feel overfull like yesterday. Might just fill up with tea or coffee.

RosemaryJackson

The heat is really getting to me. Just deleted everything I had written so will start again! Belated Happy Birthday @Rachox, hope you enjoyed that delicious looking cake. Forgot to post because I got up early to go shopping in the coolest part of the day. MrsA2, will try frying the savoury thingy as well. Didn't think about that. Am not feeling much like food in this heat. It has given me a headache from Hades. Have had a meat sandwich and a mini ice cream. But am drinking plenty of water so fortunately am not hungry. Have a nice weekend .

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Friday - today! Bed 7 1 FBG 6.6

Boiler service today, DIL lift didn't turn up so I stepped in in between fitting in a shower and finding something very cool to wear (I think I melted overnight).

B. Just TAG - had to get out quickly to get DIL to work.

L. Remembered I hadn't eaten so, bit of crustless quiche.

D. Poached salmon, prawns and a salad of avocado, port salut, santini tomatoes and walnuts. Nicks LC coconut bar.

Boiler service done and it's a bit cooler today. Sleep will hopefully be easier tonight. View attachment 55896

I misread that you fitted in having a shower, rather than that you fitted a shower. Momentarily I was aghast at your range of skills. :joyful:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Heat does me no good at all.
Brunch couple of spoonsful Fage yogurt with some blueberries
Throughout day iced coffee, glasses of water.
Supper, chunck of brie, sliced ham, coconut milk.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to bed with a headache last night, and woke with it too.
B: yoghurt, seeds and berries.
Still headache so tried having extra glass of water and some salt. That worked
L: meats, cheese and salad. 1 sq cm chocolate cake (not a particularly nice one so easy to refuse more)
5pm 2 lc hazelnut biscuits
7:30 pm (which is late for me) 2 chicken drumsticks. 1 large profiterole. Wine, lots. later 1 chocolate biscuit.
Have found it difficult having visitors as there has been so much carb temptation. It's certainly much easier normally when there none in the house. Had 2 teenage boys eating biscuits, an adult eating a whole bag of jelly babies through the day, and leaving it on the table!, people drinking Pimms and beer and cider. Trying to be a good hostess and not a party pooper. I didn't keep much note of what I was eating, just tried to keep my lapses limited in size.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I did not post anything yesterday, here's yesterday's meny.

Bacon and egg low carbsandwiches for brakfast.
Small tin JW pimnk salmon and mre mashed potato mixed together and nuked for four minutes, keft to stand for a minute then nuked for 1:30 min more, then mixed up some chopped up small raw onion into the mix so it was all mixed in well. Went down well for lunch.
Packet of five chicken wings in "buffalo sauce" for supper at six.

Glass of single malt watching Thirteen Lives on Amazon Prime, which is about the young Thai soccer team and their coach trapped by flooding in a cave system in 2018. Well the watch if you have Prime, great actors init as well.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning! Got pics ‘n’ stuff ready for posting yesterday then forgot!

Two meals, but two quite decadent ones. First was 2 keto cakes (they are delicious and not very sweet at all) with extra thick double cream.

Main meal was fat head pizza (no tomato sauce) with chorizo and salami, followed by deconstructed (very deconstructed as the ‘extra thick’ cream was runny :hilarious:) made with cream cheese, extra thick double cream and raspberries.

699F64F1-8871-4E0C-97FE-0F547E210282.jpeg
9487759E-CEF9-4785-9346-D2257E549B11.jpeg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got in late yesterday so didn’t post my food, here it is.
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: coffee shop coconut cappuccino and a PE bar.
Dinner, ate out with family who couldn’t make it on my midweek birthday! I had steak, mushroom, tomato, watercress and chimichurri, and half of the portion of chips they served. Pretty happy with my blood sugar response to the chips, but not one to repeat too often! I have a Libre on at the moment, so my daily graph showed very clearly my response to a coconut cappuccino (green arrow) and the steak and chips (red arrow), pleased with how quickly it dropped after a post dinner peak of around 8.5

A57DEE31-A296-46DE-86D3-EB40CD636993.jpeg
6CB83285-5610-4057-BB5C-C81B863A3225.jpeg

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eaten a bit earlier today.

First course was a variation on my messy meal the other day. Fried up half a pack of 25% mince with some diced onions and courgette then added a beaten egg, some crumbled feta and a bit of grated mozzarella. Yum! Still plenty of all ingredients in the fridge so it’ll be featuring again. A lot quicker and simpler than attempting a roll.

Dessert is now in the fridge. As my ‘extra thick’ cream was runny yesterday, I mixed roughly equal quantities of that and cream cheese and whipped it together. Now in 2 ramekins with some 85% chocolate and a few raspberries and firming up in the fridge. Let’s see if I can manage to limit dessert to one portion. Who am I kidding?!

58669DA1-82B6-4D07-84B5-DFAB66CAB401.jpeg
23090888-B315-4644-B643-4A274D14D338.jpeg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think its called "life", it happens ,enjoy it, move on and get back on track asap. Just keep an eye on your meter, and on the number of times "life" happens
Agreed. These events are usually adaptable. I've developed quite a liking for cheese to as dessert usually is a no no. Although one wedding the caterers actually provided me with a mix of berries, sugar free merengue and unsweetened whipped cream. The other guests were after my dessert!

Reactions: Annb and MrsA2