What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: bacon and egg and tomato, pot of tea
L: not needed
S: 2 cinnamon biscuits made using this recipe
http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/11/30/keto-cinnamon-swirl-cookies
image.axd

Mind you, I didn't phaff with the rolled up effect. Just mixed it all in. Tastes the same though. ;)
D: pulled pork, coleslaw, sugarsnap peas

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 cinnamon biscuits (see above)
L: crustless quiche, beef tomato and olives
D: roast chicken leg, caulicheese, coleslaw and green beans. Was going to have berries and 70% choc after, but am so stuffed I could barely waddle to the sink to wash up. Maybe later ;)

Reactions: 2 people

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
B: Fluffy coconut pancakes X 3, Turkish Yoghurt and four blueberries on each.
Bulletproof (coconut oil) coffee.
L: Pistou soup, half Proteín roll.
D: Prosciutto, Gorgonzola, grilled peaches and rocket.
Chicken Milanese and Ratatouille from our garden veg.
d4a6a687f9d36f26a3154d183ee8f248.jpg

debbiedoodles

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B scrambled egg with butter
L nothing
D 1/2,avocado, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, 1 slice tesco chicken breast, tablespoon coleslaw, 4 carrot sticks with tzatziki,
Went to a meeting and they are planning to build on the open field at the back of my house, came back with a vanilla slice and some maltesers - so mad at myself :((((

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday:
B: none
L: crustless quiche, beef tomato and olives
D: chicken tikka masala (Pataks curry paste) with green beans, broccoli, baby corn and carrots. Butter on the veg.
S: 2 squares 70%

Today will be:
B; 2 lc cinnamon biscuits with coffeencream
L: mozzarella, cherry toms, green salad and coleslaw
D: slow cooker spare ribs with red cabbage and more coleslaw
S: maybe, a 30g pack of Kettles Sea Salt and Balsamic Vinegar crisps - but only if my bg is well below 5mmol/l. I bought a multipack. Silly me. I think I was craving salt at the time.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
1 grapefruit; 2 kiwi; milky coffee w s sk milk. After a 50 min run. 1.5u bolus.
Fasting bs 5.8.
Last hba1c: 6.9
I do moderate carbs- about 20 40 40 (min) or 30 50 50 (Max). Only count grains, starchy veg, sugar (obv) and fruit.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: none
S: coffee substitute and 70% choc
L: chicken broth made into cream of chicknveg soup. This was great. I have already bought another chicken to do it again.
S: 16g carbs Kettle's crisps
D: lc moussaka with green salad

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Fasting day, so just coffee substitute, broth and herb tea til dinner.

D: 3 x Lamb kebabs (2g carb ea) with cauli cheese. Another coffeesub

What coffee substitute works well/is nice? I'm trying no coffee for a bit ( but I DON'T LIKE IT!!).

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday:

S: maybe, a 30g pack of Kettles Sea Salt and Balsamic Vinegar crisps - but only if my bg is well below 5mmol/l. I bought a multipack. Silly me. I think I was craving salt at the time.

But have you tried the Kettles Parsnip/beetroot chips? They're only 30% carb; so a small pack of 40g is only 12g carb.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What coffee substitute works well/is nice? I'm trying no coffee for a bit ( but I DON'T LIKE IT!!).

Flavour wise, my favourite is Teeccino. But it is ludicrously expensive.
The best all-rounder (for me) is Prewitts. Available Amazon or H&B. It will never be coffee, but it is pleasantly ok.

Re the crisps. The parsnip/beetroot ones are too sweet for me, unfortunately. :( I do love 'em. The saltier the better.

I wish I could find a lc cracker recipe that really cracks. Anyone got one?
I tried the fathead pizza base, but it was never crunchy. Big disappointment!

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Gotta say, Kevin, it's because of you that I went and bought the chia seed, not to grow on the outside of clay figurines but to eat. Gotta say that that tiny grain cooks up really nice and quick in my rice cooker and the nearest and dearest and I have taken a hankering to how it tasts. It still looks vile.

It does look vile, but tastes bland. Still do this routine every day. :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Egg omelette with scrapes of feta cheese and 1/12th of can of corned beef with 100g courgette...

Incerdibly a lot for me. May try to have 100g Rachels Organic Ginger yogurt before 8pm (late for me).

Happy to eat this amount as its a lot for me...quiteba triumph. Will just have to wait now to see how my body decides to react:(

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: bacon, egg, potato/onion/cheese hash, decaff tea
S: 4 squares chocologic
D: chicken breast baked with pepperoni and cheddar, green beans, cauliflower, broccoli and sugar snaps

I want berriesncream later, but dont think they are going to fit! :D

debbiedoodles

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - Almond flour pancakes with 2 tsp raspberry vincotti (balsamic type rasp vinegar)
L- nothing
D- cabbage, bacon and spring onion with some cooked chicken and 5 strawberries with cream
S - 2 homemade dark chocolate truffles

Wine

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I treated it like most small seeds and popped it before adding the liquid. Changes the flavor of the nasty looking stuff.

I usually experiment with new stuff along with stuff people normally trash that looks edible to me, so one of the first things I did was micropop a teaspoonful in a glass pie dish in the microwave on the popcorn setting and when it stopped making a sound pulled it out. Discovered it need further cooking, unlike, say, flax seeds, and next time popped it in an iron pan, put it in the rice cooker covered it with water and there ya go

Many years ago, I got a flimsy paper barely glued paperback cookbook in an Indian spices and foods shop entitled Tasty Meals from Waste Products. Not only did I send a copy to a brother in law temporarily out of work but, in consideration of the continuing nature and stability of the American wage and price markets, regretted not buying myself a copy so when I found another one, got the treasure. That, along with an American cookbook of the same general conceptual genre, How to Cook a Wolf and several other productions of the creative cooks' minds, say wartime rations cookbooks, form their own little special library

I do stuff like I did last week, debone a smoked fish and then roast the bones until they get more color and then with the fish head and tails, creatge one of heaven's best broths. Last week I did make a dried mint stems tea (has a different flavor than the leaves) although I added one present of the hibiscus sabdariffa for color and vitamin C

Always mill both my chia and flex or our bodies cannot absorb all that good stuff:)

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B 3-egg cheese & tomato omelette
L (late) Mortadella & cheese salad, home-made dressing
D Home-made chicken soup and slice of granary and walnut toast. BS result will be measured shortly. Fingers crossed*
S Will be mug cake
*7.6 after an hour, 7.1 after 2. So back to Lidl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: bacon, egg and potato hash again. with water
S: 4 squares milk choc and hazelnut Chocologic
D: baked chicken wings dusted in BBQ seasoning, with caulicheese, broccoli and green beans, with a small portion of berries and cream.

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: sausages, fried mushrooms, scrambled eggs and baked tomato
L: fried hallumi and fried eggs
S: lamb meatball skewers with cauli rice and baked courgette and peppers

Snack - a slice of cloud bread with some peanut butter

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First day trying to be back on LCHF a disaster! Had afternoon tea at a fancy hotel with some overseas visitors, hotel did me an amazing cheese and meat plate - but I ate the sandwiches (trying to fit in maybe :(). Registered 9.0 when home :( and the cakes the other 3 ate looked wonderful and felt miserable eating my substitute. Sometimes being a diabetic is absolutely rubbish.

Will start again tomorrow, wondering if a fast might help - need something to kick me up the ....

Reactions: 4 people

Quirkybee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Aww bless you, I know the feeling. I've had a double chocolate Magnum this eve, with bg after tea at 12.0, 7.7 before tea. Though it was high carb, so no room to complain.

Hope you enjoyed the day though.