What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
E667C147-AD8F-415F-8038-B66016DB5F01.jpeg
@Rachox I didn’t realise it was CHOCOLATE granola! Yum!

So chocolatey it even makes the milk turn brown! Oh I think someone has already used that tag line! :joyful:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5 1 FBG 4.5. Intended to have another OMAD but the gardeners appeared and I ended up making bacon rolls for them. No I didn't succumb to a bacon roll but I did have a cooked breakfast.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. Slice of Gluten Free black pudding, slice Ayrshire middle, fried egg and 2 of Tesco's Gluten Free pork chipolatos.
L Nothing ventured out to Tesco in search of new halo top flavours amongst other things.
D. Tesco's Prawn Cocktail, 3 bits of Tesco's smoked salmon terrine bites, lettuce, 5 Santini tomatoes, mini Baby bel, 1/2 avocado and 3 Walnuts.
Having found said new flavours of Halo top I had to have a scoop - toasted coconut.
I resisted the temptation to try the other one - birthday cake ice cream! Thank you @Kingmidas but did you know there are absolutely loads of Halo Top ice creams? Don't think they've all reached us yet but in the USA they seem to have close to 30 flavours. Anyway , new ones I found today were the two mentioned above plus Red Velvet and oatmeal cookie.
Would a Halo Top 2 meal a day be low carb?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looks fab.
I’d probably have it as a pud too, with a dollop of Greek yoghurt.

I had it with almond milk but I might have it with cream or Greek yoghurt next time :hungry:

Reactions: DJC3

Kingmidas

Bed 5 1 FBG 4.5. Intended to have another OMAD but the gardeners appeared and I ended up making bacon rolls for them. No I didn't succumb to a bacon roll but I did have a cooked breakfast.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. Slice of Gluten Free black pudding, slice Ayrshire middle, fried egg and 2 of Tesco's Gluten Free pork chipolatos.
L Nothing ventured out to Tesco in search of new halo top flavours amongst other things.
D. Tesco's Prawn Cocktail, 3 bits of Tesco's smoked salmon terrine bites, lettuce, 5 Santini tomatoes, mini Baby bel, 1/2 avocado and 3 Walnuts.
Having found said new flavours of Halo top I had to have a scoop - toasted coconut.
I resisted the temptation to try the other one - birthday cake ice cream! Thank you @Kingmidas but did you know there are absolutely loads of Halo Top ice creams? Don't think they've all reached us yet but in the USA they seem to have close to 30 flavours. Anyway , new ones I found today were the two mentioned above plus Red Velvet and oatmeal cookie.
Would a Halo Top 2 meal a day be low carb?
Yes there is an absolute plethora if flavours but as you say, not all here yet. Birthday cake is nice - kind of vanilla sponge cake in flavour. Do give me the low down on red velvet please!

Reactions: maglil55

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks fab.
I’d probably have it as a pud too, with a dollop of Greek yoghurt.
@DJC3 This triggered my curiosity as in the female members all seem to like or hanker for "puddings" I (suspect like lots of men) it is protein I want most - especially in meat and cheese form. Y'all mostly have partners or dads and brothers is this born out in your "lived experience"?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 This triggered my curiosity as in the female members all seem to like or hanker for "puddings" I (suspect like lots of men) it is protein I want most - especially in meat and cheese form. Y'all mostly have partners or dads and brothers is this born out in your "lived experience"?

Yes indeed, my husband will occasionally go through a packet of custard creams with a mug of tea but hardly ever wants a pudding ( unless it’s sticky toffee pudding and real vanilla custard).
He used to be irritated on days out with me and grown up daughters or other couples, that we couldn’t be anywhere for more than 15 minutes without searching out somewhere for tea and cake!
This could be a clue as to why I have T2 diabetes and he doesn’t I suppose!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes indeed, my husband will occasionally go through a packet of custard creams with a mug of tea but hardly ever wants a pudding ( unless it’s sticky toffee pudding and real vanilla custard).
He used to be irritated on days out with me and grown up daughters or other couples, that we couldn’t be anywhere for more than 15 minutes without searching out somewhere for tea and cake!
This could be a clue as to why I have T2 diabetes and he doesn’t I suppose!
@DJC3 glad my confirmation bias is in full working order.:angelic: Your husband sounds what we chaps call sound! Vanilla custard is No 1 on the list of Mrs P's appraisal targets for 2018/19 both for pairing with lemon drizzle for a rare sweet day and for trifle which is my real goto dessert choice. ( Massive reminder of my mum)
Please say sticky toffee pudding is sponge not steamed pudding - those are right up there with coconut, *** cakes, rum butter, anchor butter in how I imagine the very inner circle of hell to be. Oh, and in that circle they would speak Welsh:bigtears:

Last edited:
M

Moggely

Everyone is so creative here so this may sound boring. B. Usual bacon and two eggs with left over quiche home made with no flour so about 2 grams of carbs a slice if that. L. Nothing. Lots of green tea ,water and more green tea. D. Left over slice of quiche with Cali mash, broccoli and 2 Brussels sprouts.:playful:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Everyone is so creative here so this may sound boring.
@Moggely Creativity is last year's thing - went out with Nouvelle Cuisine :angelic: I think the basic idea is you eat whatever matches the balance between what you enjoy whilst keeping you in your personal range alongside constraints of time. depth of pockets and culinary expertise. Someone with an ology may have a fancy equation for all that but them's my onions;)

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 glad my confirmation bias is in full working order.:angelic: Your husband sounds what we chaps call sound! Vanilla custard is No 1 on the list of Mrs P appraisal targets for 2018/19 both for pairing with lemon drizzle for a rare sweet day and for trifle which is my real goto dessert choice. ( Massive reminder of my mum)
Please say sticky toffee pudding is sponge not steamed pudding - those are right up there with coconut, *** cakes, rum butter, anchor butter in how I imagine the very inner circle of hell to be. Oh, and in that circle they would speak Welsh:bigtears:

He’s a Yorkshireman so I’m afraid it’s steamed sponge for him - has to stick to your ribs and keep the cold out. I’m with you on this one though, I really don’t like steamed sponges. Hope Mrs P manages a nice low carb vanilla custard, don’t forget to post if she does.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Everyone is so creative here so this may sound boring. B. Usual bacon and two eggs with left over quiche home made with no flour so about 2 grams of carbs a slice if that. L. Nothing. Lots of green tea ,water and more green tea. D. Left over slice of quiche with Cali mash, broccoli and 2 Brussels sprouts.:playful:

Your menu sounds great @Moggely It looks like you have really got the hang of lchf. Like @ianpspurs says, its all about the balance between enjoyment, budget, time and finding out which foods suit you best - a bit of trial and error. I have a lot more time to cook now I’m retired but don’t always fancy it.

Reactions: Moggely

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope Mrs P manages a nice low carb vanilla custard, don’t forget to post if she does.
She needs to as her appraisal depends upon it but now you know me and what a softy I am you know nothing would be said - for several months;) (while she thought about what she had n't done)

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

Derbyshire Boy

The memsahib and I went slightly bonkers this morning and went for a Brewers Fayre buffet brekky. First time for flippin' ages!
I'm quite pleased I didn't go too mad on the hash browns, but as for the rest....? Ooff!!

Oh and as usual, I didn't touch the black pudding. :depressed: