What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
B - bacon & almost bread
L - Avocado & babybels
D Chicken stir fry

S - pork scratchngs

Reactions: 9 people

rosecottage

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Please remember that this is the 'Low Carb Diet Forum' and that this thread isn't for low carb debates :)
Scrambled Eggs with sesame seeds and mushrooms with a little grated cheese for breakfast. Evening meal was vegetable curry made with Quorn steak strips.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I made a savoury batter with almond flour, powdered onion & garlic, a beaten egg and a dash of cream last night and dunked some haddock fillets in it and fried them with steamed veg & butter, and that was great.
There was some batter left over so I made a pancake to go with fried egg, bacon & tomato for breakfast and that was great too, apart from causing Mrs DeeJay to leave the kitchen until the frying smells had subsided :(

Reactions: 7 people

rosecottage

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all. I am fairly new to low carb. I have been eating low carb for just over a week and have lost nearly 4 lbs this quickly. I get a bit stuck sometimes what to eat but I get there in the end. I am glad to have found this forum so that I can get ideas from other people. I am a bit scared to add too much fat to my diet though. I don't like meat or fish so it can be a little bit harder finding alternatives.

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all. I am fairly new to low carb. I have been eating low carb for just over a week and have lost nearly 4 lbs this quickly. I get a bit stuck sometimes what to eat but I get there in the end. I am glad to have found this forum so that I can get ideas from other people. I am a bit scared to add too much fat to my diet though. I don't like meat or fish so it can be a little bit harder finding alternatives.
Sounds like it is going well so far! I found it quite hard to get over the fear of fat and although I did fairly quickly, I do still sometimes wonder if I am consuming too much (but I get over that too when I consider how well it is all working). I find that avocado adds great healthy fat and I am loving lots of olive oil on salads. Eggs and cheese are good too if you don’t like meat or fish. Hang on in there!

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: French toast made with coconut flour / flax bread
S: 7 pitted olives
L: Broccoli, kale & chilli cheese frittata, blueberries & cream
D: 1 97% sausage, an avocado and a mixed salad with olive oil & lemon juice
S: 2 squares 85% chocolate

Reactions: 4 people

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday:

B: Porridge with 1 tbsp flax seeds, 1 tbsp oats and 2 tbsp chia seeds, some sunflower seeds, raw cacao and single cream - I ended up having stomach cramps all morning, but good BC ;)
L: Pork chop with broccoli, peppers and some butter
D: (7 hours later, I was so hungry!) small bowl of sunflower and pumpkin seeds, two bowls of seasoned oxtail stock, two oxtail pieces, a courgette, single cream dessert with cacao powder, flax seeds and Christmas-kind-of spices, some kefir, small bowl of broccoli and butter

Reactions: 5 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Well done with the weight loss! I'm new to lchf dieting too - 3wks now and 11lbs off, can,t believe how well I feel. Good luck Rosecottage, you'll find loads of menu ideas and recipes on the forum posted by our vegetarian members.

Reactions: 8 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a 'twofer' I made some homemade almond milk and I didn't want to throw the pulp that was left.
Just made savoury crackers with it. Just pulp, egg, salt/pepper/dried rosemary/chilli flakes. In oven for 15mins and volia, crunchy low carb recycled crackers!!
Lovely with cheddar and also smeared with pate...ah the crunch... I missed the crunch. Next time I'm using the parmasan in the mix ;).

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody:)

B. Blackberries and cream

L. Small amount of tinned salmon and an individual portion Camambert

D. Chicken legs with roasted mushrooms, onions, red pepper and courgette.

I went to Aldi today after reading so much about different products on the forum. I bought some 85% chocolate so I will probably try it when the British menu is on. :)

freshlybrewed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
sensory overloading
D: Low Carb veg mix (Kale, Courgette, Broccoli, Asparagus) 80kcal 4.5g carbs, steamed and then stir fried in 2 tbsp Safflower oil 245kcal 0 carbs, now I have great tasting veg coated in rocket fuel sprinkled with sesame seeds. Together with... diced leg of Lamb and mushrooms pan fried in Basil Pesto. Total 850kcal for 6.3g carbs.

Reactions: 6 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
B. 1 slice Burgen toast spread with Cathedral seriously strong cheddar spread
L. 2 home made chicken burgers & 1 hard boiled egg
D. Whole packet m&s thin cut ham with small slice of egg& onion frittata
Snacks:- few slices crispy bacon, 1 boiled egg, 1oz dbl gloucester with chives + 5 almonds

Reactions: 6 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello I've just done something daft! I had a large glass of cherry juice which is supposed to help gout. Then I've just done my bs which was up to 8.2. Then I looked at the juice carton. Yes that was definitely the culprit!!!!

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: chia, flaxseed, cacao porridge with butter (I really need to go to that corner shop and buy coconut cream!)
L: few tablespoons buckwheat cooked in oxtail soup with broccoli and butter, then 350g cheddar :oops:
D: spinach and pepper with 2 eggs and some more of that buckwheat
then off to the gym to insanity :cool:

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome. Don't worry about fat -- the good sort is what we use for energy instead of carbs. I see you like eggs and cheese and there's the mediterranean type food as well like olives & oil, and the good old avocado.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back on track today after yesterday's protein fest.

B: Blueberries & Raspberries with Double Cream and Creme Fraiche

L: Tuna Mayonnaise and Salad

D: Roasted Pork Belly with Salad, Raspberries & Cream

78g Fat, 65g Protein, 45g Carb ...... ish

Reactions: 11 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Today
B - bacon & almost bread
L - avocado & babybel
D - steak & cheese sauce
S - pork scratchings.

Strange day... breakfast & lunch are pretty much the same every workday, eaten at pretty much the same time, and it normally sees me through to dinner no problem. Today, I was starving at about 4pm. Weird.

Reactions: 11 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Today
B - bacon & almost bread
L - avocado & babybel
D - steak & cheese sauce
S - pork scratchings.

Strange day... breakfast & lunch are pretty much the same every workday, eaten at pretty much the same time, and it normally sees me through to dinner no problem. Today, I was starving at about 4pm. Weird.

You have no veg at all apart from avocado? Is that what keeps you in ketosis? Just wondering...

Reactions: 2 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You have no veg at all apart from avocado? Is that what keeps you in ketosis? Just wondering...
I would normally have some veg with my evening meal. Spinach, asparagus, salad leaves, something like that. Even so, I probably don't eat enough veggies - it's not a deliberate thing for ketosis.