what is your bmi after low carb diet for a few months?

Bittern

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I went from 96kg to 78kg in 6 months, reduced medication to just metformin giving up on gliclazide. Hba1c dropped to 38 whilst I was doing about 30KM walking per day. Now at 75kg last Hba1c 48, don't understand why, but it appears to be dropping again going on fasting blood glucose readings. Reduction in carbs. has, I believe, allowed me to reduce weight leading to improved Hba1c.

Reactions: Canvaspic

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My BMI dropped from 31 to 23 in 6 months, then down to 21 in a further 3 months. It has remained at 21 for 4 years. All low carb high fat. No additional exercise. (dog walks and housework) and no fasting in that period.

Reactions: hankjam

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
From 39.1 at the end of March this year to 32.9 today. I look forward to 'just' being obese :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
43.5 down to 29.1 for me :happy:

Edit: I should add that that took me more than ‘a few months’! :joyful::hilarious:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluetit1802

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know what my BMIi is/was but my weight dropped from over 23st on diagnosis to 16st very quickly but has now crept up over the last 6 months to 18st 5lb, my diet has not changed nor has my wine consumption.

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Urban noise, environmental destruction
No wonder this is a popular slimming diet.

lindisfel

Expert
I went from 96kg to 78kg in 6 months, reduced medication to just metformin giving up on gliclazide. Hba1c dropped to 38 whilst I was doing about 30KM walking per day. Now at 75kg last Hba1c 48, don't understand why, but it appears to be dropping again going on fasting blood glucose readings. Reduction in carbs. has, I believe, allowed me to reduce weight leading to improved Hba1c.
That is some walking per day Bittern, it must take a lot of your days up getting your 30kms in!
D.

LeftPeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lost 2 stone since diagnosis. BMI now 29 after years in the low 30s. Another two stone will see me hit 25, and I’d be happy with that.

Bittern

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is some walking per day Bittern, it must take a lot of your days up getting your 30kms in!
D.

It did, about 6 Hrs per day. I took a walking holiday in Northern Spain following another medical emergency. Mental healing for me and proved that I was not as ancient as I felt. I am retired so have the time and will do something similar next year.