What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay so I've taken the information direct from the .Gov web site & this is my interpretation...

Interesting to note this provision only applies to England
The first step the sec. of state must publish a notice stating the transmission of corona virus (novel Wuhan) constitutes a serious & imminent threat to public health on the .gov site to be followed by publishing the same in the London Gazette.

The sec. of state or a registered public health consultant can impose restrictions requiring screening & assessment where you can be detained for that purpose for a period of 48 hours or until the screening has been carried out.

They must have a reasonable belief you are infected or may contaminate others or have left an infected area within 14 days of arriving in England.

Persons may be required to answer questions about their health travel history & contacts produce documents that may assist allow samples to be taken same applies to a child where the responsible adult will be required to give that information & allow those tests

After release from detention they can impose restrictions on your travel contacts & activities they can order you to be isolated if believe/suspect you have the virus or may contaminate others (carriers)

The detention period should be no longer than 14 days however that can be reviewed so could possibly be longer and you could be required to be removed to a suitable place.

They do refer to penalties for non-compliance but those as far as I can see are not detailed in this report I will have to look elsewhere.

I cannot see any specific reference to age or pre-existing conditions to warrant testing/detention.

There are some definitions nothing really specific so you could be detained at home in a hospital or a suitable place S.P is not defined.

Any of these regulations/requirements could change dependent on the sec. of states discretion.

Hope this helps

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think that was brought in when the idiot repatriated and put in isolation on the Wirral decided he would jump ship. A summary would be wonderful clever girl.
I understand @PenguinMum that what you said, was actually fake news. I am going purely by Ben who was videoing initially in Wuhan and then his journey to Arrowe Park where they were all put in quarentine. Ben did a question and answer session, on you tube, from quarentine at Arrowe Park hospital, and one of the questions was about the report in the news that some one had tried to escape from quarentine. Ben insisted that it was fake news and no one has tried to escape.

But I did notice that this legislation was brought out supposedly as a reaction to this supposed person trying to escape quarentine.

So, if Ben was right in his insistence that no one had tried to escape from quarentine, and that it was fake news, then my question is, who created the fake fake news, and for what reason...so that they could sneak in a set of laws and restrictions on our freedom with apparent 'justification' ? @HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saskia the membership fee is just £30 per year & most of the people who shop there do so for the savings it will,bring them those with large families on a budget it's not elitist in any sense of the word.

Thank you for posting that information. :)
It's changed since the early days; I remember when Sam's Club (early version of Costco) had exclusive memberships for businesses and only employees and their families could join.
I'm glad to see that's changed at Costco. :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm glad to see that's changed at Costco
I had a look at their web site gave the membership fee as £15 p.a so that's not bad at all considering how much shoppers there will save thinking I might have a look at how much their cat food is these two eat like horses we're up to 6-8 sachets of wet food per day between them...hungry little monkeys

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okay so I've taken the information direct from the .Gov web site & this is my interpretation...

The first step the sec. of state must publish a notice stating the transmission of corona virus (novel Wuhan) constitutes a serious & imminent threat to public health on the .gov site to be followed by publishing the same in the London Gazette.

The sec. of state or a registered public health consultant can impose restrictions requiring screening & assessment where you can be detained for that purpose for a period of 48 hours or until the screening has been carried out.

They must have a reasonable belief you are infected or may contaminate others or have left an infected area within 14 days of arriving in England.

Persons may be required to answer questions about their health travel history & contacts produce documents that may assist allow samples to be taken same applies to a child where the responsible adult will be required to give that information & allow those tests

After release from detention they can impose restrictions on your travel contacts & activities they can order you to be isolated if believe/suspect you have the virus or may contaminate others (carriers)

The detention period should be no longer than 14 days however that can be reviewed so could possibly be longer and you could be required to be removed to a suitable place.

They do refer to penalties for non-compliance but those as far as I can see are not detailed in this report I will have to look elsewhere.

I cannot see any specific reference to age or pre-existing conditions to warrant testing/detention.

There are some definitions nothing really specific so you could be detained at home in a hospital or a suitable place S.P is not defined.

Any of these regulations/requirements could change dependent on the sec. of states discretion.

Hope this helps

Thanks @HarryBeau for your efforts with this.
I have copied and pasted it in a file.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a look at their web site gave the membership fee as £15 p.a so that's not bad at all considering how much shoppers there will save thinking I might have a look at how much their cat food is these two eat like horses we're up to 6-8 sachets of wet food per day between them...hungry little monkeys

It sounds similar to Amazon. A friend of mine posted on FB several tips for seniors, including an age- and/or income-based low-priced Prime membership. I joined and am very glad to have the free 2-day shipping, even though I don't do bulk shopping, online or on-site.
I'd had no idea the Costco membership was so low -- that is nice to know.
Thank you for posting this info. :)

The KittenCat usually prefers Whiskas pouches to canned food.
At least for now! ^. .^

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We won't have the grand national.
Unless it's run behind closed doors, doubt jockies will feel that's wise.
I've been wondering about the Grand National and the Maryland Hunt Cup meetings.

And I doubt you'll have any major events in the next few weeks or so, and probably none until end of April.

What we do, is going to change.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
o that they could sneak in a set of laws and restrictions on our freedom with apparent 'justificaion' ?
I think the govt underplayed the level of threat to the general public & UK and were aware of the numbers that could be infected this 'law' is what is referred to as sub delegated legislation other acts will have a discretionary power to allow the secretary of state to exercise in his discretion the following...in this case they don't need to run it through Parliament the existing power is already contained in legislation this discretion in sanctioned by The Public Health (control of Disease) Act 1984 I doubt very much the measure was introduced as a result of one example of absconding as reported whether fake or not.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"Coronavirus: How to Protect Your Mental Health"

Very helpful article on WHO's recommendations:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51873799l
Lot of misinformation swirling around - stay informed by sticking to trusted sources of information such as government and NHS websites

How's that working out for everyone with T2 ?

But serious point, a good idea. But hard to do as it's the only game in town.

Even Megan has been driven of the front pages
So much be serious..

Better to see the storm coming then be caught out in the rain unprepared. Because you didn't check the weather forecasts. Imo.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Hope this helps
Brilliant - very clear and concise. Thank you for doing this. It's really helpful. The original paper was frying my brain.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think the govt underplayed the level of threat to the general public & UK and were aware of the numbers that could be infected this 'law' is what is referred to as sub delegated legislation other acts will have a discretionary power to allow the secretary of state to exercise in his discretion the following...in this case they don't need to run it through Parliament the existing power is already contained in legislation this discretion in sanctioned by The Public Health (control of Disease) Act 1984 I doubt very much the measure was introduced as a result of one example of absconding as reported whether fake or not.

kind of blows the "keep calm, carry on" advice out of the water.

and underestimated it...:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

classic understatement;), but no different to every other country in Europe
Others weirdly doing so much better, go figure.:banghead:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant - very clear and concise. Thank you for doing this. It's really helpful. The original paper was frying my brain.
yes have to agree..WELL DONE @HarryBeau

a dry document indeed, thanks for the public service to us.
one more kind gesture in a world slowly regaining the ability to be kind to others.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You're welcome Krystyna I'm so used to reading great voluminous tomes & sifting out the relevant parts but that one wasn't too difficult (thank goodness).

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We won't have the grand national.
Unless it's run behind closed doors, doubt jockies will feel that's wise.

And I doubt you'll have any major events in the next few weeks or so, and probably none until end of April.

What we do, is going to change.

You don't KNOW this. You have impressed me with your bravery in so many things. PLEASE stop posting fears as if they were facts! :)
As of Friday the 13th, Grand National website:
Running is in doubt.
https://www.grandnational.org.uk/news/grand-national-in-doubt-due-to-coronavirus/

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It could have been to stop people panicking.
That guy from Singapore laid it out without causing panic.
I just see that keep calm..
As nothing to see move along
Better to have clear concise information then bs

Edit
I started taking notice of this in Jan, I began taking action February.

Absolutely nothing I have seen since has given me the slightest doubt I was wrong.

In fact as each day pass, the more I think I underestimated this

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You don't KNOW this. You have impressed me with your bravery in so many things. PLEASE stop posting fears as if they were facts! :)
As of Friday the 13th, Grand National website:
Running is in doubt.
https://www.grandnational.org.uk/news/grand-national-in-doubt-due-to-coronavirus/

So you think it will be run.?
Why... European sport it's in tatters
Crowds being restricted every where..
Behind closed doors as I suggested is the best chance.. But I doubt, as said jockies will be willing to Risk it... This is a medical worldwide emergency
Wishing it away is what got trump in so much doo dah

And can lead a horse to water,.seems apt

To keep to the horsey vernacular..:D

Last edited: