What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have continued with my watercolour of yesterday, still not sure I like this painting, I will complete it but may have to do another to make up the three in my Slate series. But for what it's worth here it is, will finish it Friday. Thumbnail is how it was before today's work.
View attachment 39537

View attachment 39538
Just moved over to iPad @Muddy Cyclist and WOW!
This was hard to see on my mobile, as is any picture on a mobile phone.
I absolutely love the mountains.

Reactions: Barb McD

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today, using SketchClubApp

A bunch of silk flowers in my window. Best I could do.

Just too tired and exhausted today. With everything else I have done today including trying to source a table top oven and a few other things.

And, I have been suggesting to my art group that I will teach them online every Thursday, the day we normally meet. We have been meeting over 10 years now, and now the place has closed because of the Coronavirus, and the manageress who ran it has now resigned and left, I am guessing the place may not even reopen at a later date. There is interest. We shall see what happens with this. No idea how how I am going about it yet. I don't have a clue. So, not the best of pictures today, but the best I am capable of today.

1DF75600-A4A9-4BCA-9248-2401448B0B60.jpeg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today, using SketchClubApp

A bunch of silk flowers in my window. Best I could do.

Just too tired and exhausted today. With everything else I have done today including trying to source a table top oven and a few other things.

And, I have been suggesting to my art group that I will teach them online every Thursday, the day we normally meet. We have been meeting over 10 years now, and now the place has closed because of the Coronavirus, and the manageress who ran it has now resigned and left, I am guessing the place may not even reopen at a later date. There is interest. We shall see what happens with this. No idea how how I am going about it yet. I don't have a clue. So, not the best of pictures today, but the best I am capable of today.

View attachment 39542

The flowers are lovely. Thank you for posting them.
Now get some rest. But first please have Popeye call me because I want to tell him to climb up on your chest and hold you down 'til you both fall asleep. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have continued with my watercolour of yesterday, still not sure I like this painting, I will complete it but may have to do another to make up the three in my Slate series. But for what it's worth here it is, will finish it Friday. Thumbnail is how it was before today's work.
View attachment 39537

View attachment 39538

I love the colors. I would like to walk there. Thank you for posting this.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Two Chinooks have just flown low over mine, obviously just taken off from Hawarden airport, and in the direction of RAF valley (I was outside putting my rubbish out).

Last time some years ago when 3 Chinnooks flew over mine in the direction of RAF Valley, other people down South of England were reporting unusual extra air activity....

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two Chinooks have just flown low over mine, obviously just taken off from Hawarden airport, and in the direction of RAF valley (I was outside putting my rubbish out).

Last time quite some years ago when 3 Chinnooks flew over mine in the direction of RAF Valley, other people down South of England were reporting unusual extra air activity....
People locally have been reporting seeing army vehicles moving into some areas around Cannock Chase, I have not seen any so could be another scare monger tale, who knows.

Liked your flowers, great effort after your day, the day must have inspired the passion in you.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All our gigs have now been cancelled, all our folk workshops and festivals, two holidays and I suspect our visit to France and Northern Ireland will also not take place and so resigned to a year at home. So prolific art output, music and garden, resisting Mrs MCs desire to decorate, after all we can't go out to choose paint, lockdown does have its uses. :joyful:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
How do you pronounce @Ryhia ? :)
I guess you can pronounce it any way you want Rye-a or Ria but in my mind I say Ria.(Ree-a) I originally called myself after the area I live, but felt this was identifiable particularly if I was mentioning my GP surgery, as there is only one in the area, so I asked for it to be changed to Ryhia. Less longwinded as well.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
People are posting about wanting our "leaders" to do something.
I think these leaders are wishing they themselves had someone to tell them what to do.
"Blind leading the blind" sound familiar?

I just checked one of my local websites that purported to recommend ways to help the most vulnerable. The homeless, the elderly, animals in shelters.
For each group, there were a couple of paragraphs reiterating what everyone already knows: these groups are vulnerable and need our help.
These paragraphs were followed by statements that, since these groups are vulnerable, we should stay away from them to avoid infecting them. What we should do is send them hand sanitizer.
There was no recommendation as to where we could expect to actually buy this hand sanitizer, or how to get it to these vulnerable groups, since we're not supposed to go near them for fear of infecting them.
Never mind infecting ourselves.

The one helpful suggestion was to adopt or foster a shelter animal. "You're stuck at home anyway, why not have a furry playmate?"
I wonder if all the vulnerable shut-ins, the elderly and homeless staying in shelters, are expected to adopt/foster an animal, and, if so, what agency plans to get the animal to them, help them walk it or clean its litter box, and make sure they get food for it, seeing as how, being shut in, they can't get to the stores themselves.

I really think it is a case of the blind leading the blind, and it's interesting that -- unlike during other plagues hundreds of years ago -- none of our "leaders" are calling on us to pray for deliverance.

But then, they're not calling on us to sacrifice virgins either. And thank goodness they're not rounding up all the vulnerable elderly who keep cats!
Just got my delivery of rubbing alcohol today already had some aloe vera plus some tee tree oil so will be making my own sanitizer soon as. Hope it works out ok.