What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
People locally have been reporting seeing army vehicles moving into some areas around Cannock Chase, I have not seen any so could be another scare monger tale, who knows.

Liked your flowers, great effort after your day, the day must have inspired the passion in you.
Thank you for the lovely compliment @Muddy Cyclist

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All just dipping in with you all. My internet is so unreliable and slow. I can often get in and read your posts but have to wait a long time to be able to reply.
Anyway a few posts I wanted to respond to. @gennepher you sound exhausted and still treating us to lovely flowers, please get a good nights sleep with Popeye same message to SaskiaKC and the KC. @OldButBold please keep making me smile and take care of you. @ianpspurs welcome to Bill & Ben and thanks for the photos. Just gorgeous boys and they will enrich your lives so much. Thank God for all our pets and animals at this time of worry. I am grateful that Mr Fuzz arrived to live in my garden so timely. He was a bit depressed with the weather today but its due to be sunny tomo.
@Muddy Cyclist thank you for the slates, fascinating stuff.
@jjraak you and yours very much on my mind, and all Londoners, take great care.
I hope so much that I can continue to log on here because I know with certainty that I/we will rely on each other in the next few months and I hope you all stay as well as possible. If it comes please God it will be fleeting.
You might all be virtual friends but you are real to me.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You will feel so wonderful and accomplished when you've got it all up and running. I remember being a secretary and working on "mail merges" -- they would drive me nuts when I was setting them up but once up and running they were so great -- and I felt so pleased with myself.

Good for you for working on it. :)

Now I am going to take my own numbbum out for a walk.

Greetings to Archie and Poppy. (And the KittenCat just called a greeting too. ^. .^)

t0450.gif
t0450.gif
(They're as close as I could find to chocolate Labs :) ).
Archie and Poppy send greetings to KittenCat. They love the chocolate lab emojis.
I have almost finished sorting the emails into 19 classes. It was a huge job because more than half were not in Outlook Contacts and some were missing altogether.

Have spent hours on it today - bum is truly numb. Tomorrow will do a lesson plan and hopefully all will go well when I email it to everyone.

Reactions: ianpspurs

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well have just returned from today’s useless and dangerous outing. Friend needed prescription from her doc in Kent to be sent electronically to my little Boots in the next village to me. Queued outside and insidefor 25 mins with no distancing and bloke behind me snorting, sneezing and coughing. Wrapped my scarf around my face, back of my coat might have CV. Another one further back same. When I got to the counter the script hadnt been sent through so will need to do it again. At least they put it on my texting arrangement with them now so it wont be a wasted journey. I feel like a cat that just lost one life. If all these people who get unwell are just going to head to the chemist for pills its going to be a dissaster. The ones in question were men in their 20/30s.

Hug for the horror.

We will all have to amend what we do.
Hopefully chemist etc will adopt a collection system much better then at moment once they give it a little thought.

Text and collect in a designated time slot seems practical..3-4pm..agreeable to both,
Much like doctors appointments..fewer queuing, less waiting around.

Sure there may be better ways, we just need to be more imaginative during this crisis.

And the Young uns.. They'll most likely be the ones still ignoring the SD, protocols, simply because we haven't been firm enough with combatting the it's just flu...narrative.

Best we can do, is take as much preventation as we feel comfortable with.
Sadly this won't be real to many until we are deeper into this.

Nephew tonight, asking me rather, patronisingly what i expected to happen..
Asked if he had seen the news in Italy, Spain, etc, etc... Yeah, but that won't happen here...:wideyed::banghead:

So yeah, protect yourself as best you can.
Darwin awards might be ten a penny during this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barb McD

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I forgot to post fbs this morning. It was 5.0

Am hoping to catch up with the posts - if I can stay awake. Working on the computer all day feels more tiring than teaching my classes. My brain feels as though it has been fried.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I guess you can pronounce it any way you want Rye-a or Ria but in my mind I say Ria.(Ree-a) I originally called myself after the area I live, but felt this was identifiable particularly if I was mentioning my GP surgery, as there is only one in the area, so I asked for it to be changed to Ryhia. Less longwinded as well.

Thank you. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All just dipping in with you all. My internet is so unreliable and slow. I can often get in and read your posts but have to wait a long time to be able to reply.
Anyway a few posts I wanted to respond to. @gennepher you sound exhausted and still treating us to lovely flowers, please get a good nights sleep with Popeye same message to SaskiaKC and the KC. @OldButBold please keep making me smile and take care of you. @ianpspurs welcome to Bill & Ben and thanks for the photos. Just gorgeous boys and they will enrich your lives so much. Thank God for all our pets and animals at this time of worry. I am grateful that Mr Fuzz arrived to live in my garden so timely. He was a bit depressed with the weather today but its due to be sunny tomo.
@Muddy Cyclist thank you for the slates, fascinating stuff.
@jjraak you and yours very much on my mind, and all Londoners, take great care.
I hope so much that I can continue to log on here because I know with certainty that I/we will rely on each other in the next few months and I hope you all stay as well as possible. If it comes please God it will be fleeting.
You might all be virtual friends but you are real to me.

To me too. Thank you. :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I guess you can pronounce it any way you want Rye-a or Ria but in my mind I say Ria.(Ree-a) I originally called myself after the area I live, but felt this was identifiable particularly if I was mentioning my GP surgery, as there is only one in the area, so I asked for it to be changed to Ryhia. Less longwinded as well.

Have a niece, maria..
the boys have always called her Ree Ah, almost as you describe.

good idea about the forum avatar details change.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got my delivery of rubbing alcohol today already had some aloe vera plus some tee tree oil so will be making my own sanitizer soon as. Hope it works out ok.

awaiting some alcohol too.
your experiences and recipe would be useful, @rhyia

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have a neice, maria..
the boys have always called her Ree Ah, almost as you describe.

good idea about the forum avatar details change.

What was the real name of Ria (Ree-ah?) on "Butterflies" years ago? Anyone remember?

Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Out of respect for those who rightly are disturbed by the outbreak and news.

i have not posted here,
BUT there is a link below
this is just too serious to ignore.

PLEASE do NOT look.

i place this HERE only so as many of us as possible can question the wisdom of current government policy.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Out of respect for those who rightly are disturbed by the outbreak and news.

i have not posted here,
BUT there is a link below
this is just too serious to ignore.

PLEASE do NOT look.

i place this HERE only so as many of us as possible can question the wisdom of current government policy.
There was an Italian doctor on the BBC news this evening saying the UK policy in his opinion is a mistake and he fears for Britain, as do I.

However on a bike ride recently I met a friend who read this poem to me, from a safe distance obviously, many have probably already seen this as it went viral, for those that haven't I post it here in the hope it inspires and soothes troubled souls.

And the people stayed home.
And read books and listened, and rested and exercised,
and made art and played games,
and learned new ways of being and were still.
And listened more deeply.
Some meditated, some prayed, some danced.
Some met their shadows.
And the people began to think differently.

And the people healed.
And, in the absence of people living in ignorant, dangerous, mindless and heartless ways the earth began to heal.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My libre is playing up, reading way too low.

17th 4.6
18th 4.4
18th 3.8

I've phoned them and replacement on the way.

I think its beginning to sink in here in Blackpool. It's getting much quieter. Apart from sainsburys where you get the past 20 Christmas' rolled into one! I started buying a few extra items weeks ago in prep so I don't have to join the queues thankfully. My local butchers is still fully stocked. Not one gap.

Feel so sorry for the parents with school age children. Having to find childcare isnt easy at the best of times!

Such challenging times for everyone.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a nice round 5 for me today.

The weather is looking fine and so a day stripping back two dark chairs acquired from MILs which we aim to make use of in our kitchen, need more now family extended with the 4 additional members from sons new partner. BUT no one comes anymore, family gatherings are finished for an unknown amount of time. :meh:

Usually garandaughter day, but not today sadly as our kids are being responsible citizens and concerned about our wellbeing.

Go with care and keep informed.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

That’s good for me

I am still getting texts from friends I had warned the last couple of months to get a bit of extra food in (they said I was OTT and that there would always be food in shops).
I warned another friend to get out early to shops yesterday cos she was low on food. Don’t be silly Jenny there will always be food in shops she said.
I got a text midday from her yesterday saying her and hubby had just had breakfast and were about to set out shopping?!?!?
A few hours later I get a despairing text off her and hubby, that the shelves on all the supermarkets she tried were all stripped bare. Why she asked.
Then another text to say she was ordering online. I didn’t reply just then.
Then another text to say there were no deliveries until April sometime. How was she going to get food.
This is very exhausting for me receiving these texts. I warned people and friends as much as possible in the last few weeks. Oh, no the tv etc there would always be a food supply they said.
Hello?!?!?
What did Boris expect when he said all oldies had to self isolate for 4 months...

I need to self isolate from these texts...they are absolutely draining me.

Take care you lot.
Be safe.
Hugs

Edit: And the children are being left with their grandparents in this road. I was trying to do gardening in the front garden yesterday afternoon. Normally virtually no children in this cul de sac. Now it is over run with children. And they were running to me. And talking and touching and asking questions. I came in....

Last edited: