What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On a human level I pray he recovers and as many have been saying I feel for his pregnant partner Carrie. Otherwise, this is a non story which a more cynical person would say has been confected to distract from the shortage of PPE and ventilators.
Agree best wishes to him and anyone with the virus but it cant be two weeks since he said he shook hands with everyone in a hospital. Assume he washed his hands but you know still reckless.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Like Alan Krumwiede in the film Contagion.

Yep, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Also on another site at the moment talking about the same thing, plus Boris and Trump were both born in NY, one in 1964 and the other in 1946. Birthdays are 19th and 14th June ;)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can't sleep so up and grumpy with a 5.9 and 35.1 on the temp gauge. I have to go into the village today, using the car but I'm still nervous about it. My local drug dealer has my stuff but they let me know the cops are about.

That is possibly the most irresponsible piece of journalism I have read lately. It is comparing apples and pears to argue that AIDS/HIV is a bigger killer (it's not) because the ONLY way to get it is through actual physical sex or a direct blood transfusion. This is the argument anti-vaxxers use and you may as well state the following (as it's actually more factual) -

Life has been shown to be far more deadly than any virus. Life... something suffered by 100% of humanity with a 100% death rate. No-one survives yet the governments of the world do nothing at all to help the spread of Life. China famously tried to prevent Life by restricting childbirth but the religious right in the west refused to take up the plan leading to a 2.4 billion increase in Life in less than 10 years. A spokesman for WHO said, "It is true that Life is the singular most deadly disease, the only cure is that you only live once (YOLO) but the Hindus, Buddhists, and Daoist refuse to play the game".

Apples and pears ;)

Just because you are grumpy and nervous gives you no excuse for your public response to my post. I posted it in good faith in an attempt to provide some encouraging news for my friends here. The people you have called your virtual family.
You seem to think my thoughts not only have no value but you imply that they are "irresponsible" and that I might as well have posted that "life is more deadly than a virus."
If you had issues with my post you should have contacted me privately. Instead you chose to publicly shame and humiliate me on this board.
I don't know why.

Reactions: DJC3

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just because you are grumpy and nervous gives you no excuse for your public response to my post. I posted it in good faith in an attempt to provide some encouraging news for my friends here. The people you have called your virtual family.
You seem to think my thoughts not only have no value but you imply that they are "irresponsible" and that I might as well have posted that "life is more deadly than a virus."
If you had issues with my post you should have contacted me privately. Instead you chose to publicly shame and humiliate me on this board.
I don't know why.

I'm sure if you calmed your **** down a bit you'd see that my comments weren't aimed at you. I specifically pointed to the poor journalism and I'm guessing you didn't write the original article for him.

And yes, life is more deadly than his waffle, so deal with it.

EDIT as for contacting you privately... pot - kettle much ??

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone,

Please bear in mind our forum rules on civility and mutual respect.
Any posts which breach those rules will be deleted, and the forum member may receive a Thread Ban.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know why.

@Saskia.

i read @OldButBold comments as on the article you posted,

he did it a light humoured manner.

we both know the rest of the forum does not always work on that principal, sadly.

it behooves us facing this to be realistic.
sugar coating this will not make it nicer.

and under neath all of that is we NEED each other most now.

we in the uk, those in Europe and your compatriots in new york know the truth.

while i will support you, i can't and won't allow the push that this is 'Just flu'.

My opinion is that is a crime, and the sentence is DEATH..
to someone somewhere, due to ignorance of the facts on the ground.

sorry you felt offended, feeling running high etc
genuinely care for you, want to carry on doing that,
but i won't support the narrative..it's just flu.

as i post this the news says one GP dead from covid,
other in surgery has the virus, no protection.
all at risk....Not FLU.

Stay safe @SaskiaKC
Stay well..said with love.x

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Everyone,

Please bear in mind our forum rules on civility and mutual respect.
Any posts which breach those rules will be deleted, and the forum member may receive a Thread Ban.

The posting that this is just flu..is dangerous.
it needs to be challenged, politely but firmly.

But point is taken.
there is much love here.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On a human level I pray he recovers and as many have been saying I feel for his pregnant partner Carrie. Otherwise, this is a non story which a more cynical person would say has been confected to distract from the shortage of PPE and ventilators.
Totally agree with the first part of your post, would not want Covid 19 to befall anyone - look at the lengths we are all going to try to avoid it and hope he recovers quickly. I also feel for his partner - she must be worrying herself sick. I do find it strange though how many known names are coming down with the virus, do they all run around in the same circles or something.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Also on another site at the moment talking about the same thing, plus Boris and Trump were both born in NY, one in 1964 and the other in 1946. Birthdays are 19th and 14th June ;)
Yes, I knew Boris shares my birthday but I'm not the sort to hold a grudge. We are both pro cake and pro eating cake - just mine is LC from here https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/c...-sour-cream-frosting-low-carb-and-gluten-free (just never, ever, ever frosting- Ganache is fine - just no frosting:arghh:)

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Feeding the ducks ....day 3 of isolation
FB_IMG_1585315875447.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. I’m not getting notifications so it’s taken me ages to get through everyone’s posts
@Muddy Cyclist please don’t stop putting your art here it is a high point of reading the posts and one I look forward to very much.
I am getting a bit uncomfortable about some of the posts, I know everyone is scared but I would very much like this place to be a sanctuary. We all have different views on politics, religion and trustworthiness of the written word, I seem to have opposing views to many but really don’t want to argue about any of it. It shouldn’t stop us wanting to meet here for a little distraction.
On a more mundane note @Ryhia @gennepher @SlimLizzy I have also grown tomatoes from the seeds of fresh toms - just squish the seeds onto a bit of kitchen paper and dry on the windowsill they last for ages. I also saw something online yesterday about regrowing lettuce in water - just put the base of a cut lettuce in a shallow dish of water and leave it - the middle starts to sprout new leaves!

Reactions: karen8967

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m not getting notifications so it’s taken me ages to get through everyone’s posts
Have you tried going to 'Alert Preferences' (hover over your name in the top right and click the button) to select the notifications you want to receive?

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Son just rang to say he has been finished from work. He is a tool maker and works as a contractor in a local factory. The factory has had to close because the unions have kicked up saying the workers cannot be segregated properly, the shut down is likely to be on a temporary basis but all the contractors have been laid off and are unlikely to be reinstated. He is trying to find out what happens next but hasn't been able to get through to anyone.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you tried going to 'Alert Preferences' (hover over your name in the top right and click the button) to select the notifications you want to receive?

I use the app and it behaves a bit differently I think. It’s usually ok but haven’t had any since yesterday lunchtime.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.
I have no idea what's going on that necessitates a moderators warning and what's more I don't want to know.

I will say that some users of this thread have no sense of irony and appear to look for comments to take offence at, hence if I'm going to write something that might cause offence and possibly a smile to other users lips I post a warning first.

Blood sugars this morning were a very low for me 4.5 therefore reduced insulin again.

Well folks being on the at risk list and on 3 months lockdown so I had to cancel my appointment for next week's liver ultrasound, the last place I want to be is in hospital.
Because I am not allowed out I have been making some trellis work, to replace some old trellis work. I finally fitted it this morning, the neighbours seemed pleased, it keeps us apart
FB_IMG_1585317577741.jpg

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do find it strange though how many known names are coming down with the virus, do they all run around in the same circles or something.
We have no idea how many have the virus as it ranges in it's severity from mild to severe to deadly...those names were fortunate enough to be tested Rhyia so have a diagnosis and hopefully have caught it early...our health care professionals and the public with mild symptoms will not be tested...unacceptable really.