What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm going to use seeds from bought tomatoes, have done this in the past when I bought some orange tomatoes and decided to see if they would grow - worked fine.
Oh, that is brilliant. Never thought of that...
I have some tomatoes in the fridge from my shop yesterday @Ryhia

Thank you so much x

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Funny to this audience but may not be playing as well generally. Politics is still what Hobbes described: some people get to tell others what to do. Clearly,plenty like what he says and does - I don't agree with him or Johnson but we and USA have elections and the winners get to rule the roost.

So far, polls suggest Trump is getting a bump like George W Bush after the 11 September 2001 terrorist attacks. A Gallup survey published on Tuesday showed 60% of Americans gave him positive reviews for his handling of the coronavirus outbreak, and his overall approval rating matched the highest point in his presidency, at 49%, included rises among independents and even Democrats. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/26/coronavirus-donald-trump-triumph-or-disaster

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 on 27th
5.6 on 26th
5.4 on 25th

Libre seems to be working well. All may go the shape of a pear when I activate my new Samsung 20. Still going through old stuff and deleting.

Yesterday we worked on the top of our kitchen extension. Making it into our penthouse suite balcony (massive exaduration! We live in an end terraced house!). False grass, zero gravity chairs, 2 new cordalines, in nice tubs with beautiful solar lights. Bought steps so we can climb out of our bedroom window and down the other side (plan is to fit patio window when all this is all over). If you could see us both struggling to get out you would indeed laugh! It's going to be a nice spot for catching some rays in self isolation.

Today we are painting the walls in our back garden/yard. Freshening things up while the weather is good. Jetwashing Indian flagstone I feel will be theraputic!

Reactions: karen8967

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

managed to get a bit of outdoor gardening yesterday :joyful: plus a short walk

tried out a dish of augmented braised cabbage ( added fried bacon, garlic, peppers and sliced leek braised with butter and a touch of chicken stock),together with some jarred hot dog sausages yesterday, not our usual fodder (to put it mildly), but we decided to try it because we happened to find some in the cupboard (bought for visitors at mum's last year).

Interesting and fairly tasty but I hope the sausages don't have to make it to the menu too often :hilarious: We'll reward ourselves with a chicken curry tonight ;)

job for this, so far, sunny day is perhaps a bit more gardening and then some work with our scanner (pictures), an easy but slightly tedious and time consuming job :angelic:

Good wishes for your families and conitinued health and I hope your day is treating you kindly:)

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
With all that's crazy going on in the world I feel uneasy posting my art this evening. Equally I promised I would finish the first in my @OldButBold Lost Souls watercolour. So here it is A4 size Watercolour Lost Souls entering the grey havens by moonlight.

View attachment 39717
Please keep posting your art. It really does look like a painting of Lost Souls. You can feel the sadness.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:
Reactions: UserABC2021

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Food shopping done. Shelves full again at both Tesco and Aldi. People seem to be taking this way more seriously than last week. Absolutely everyone was correctly self distancing.

This was made possible because both supermarkets were strictly limiting how many people were allowed in.

We have enough milk for me to make kefir until next Sunday so don't have to go into a supermarket for over a week. I must admit that shopping didn't feel quite so risky as it did last week. Even so it is still the riskiest thing we are doing at the moment.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bigger story IMHO

A group of doctors have set up a crowdfunder to get vital personal protective equipment (PPE) to medics who are dealing with coronavirus cases, amid concerns that trusts are struggling to protect frontline workers due to a lack of supplies.

They couldn't possibly be linked in any way. No, too silly.

Potentially may make them all take this more seriously.

so some good to come out of the news.

Was that clap last night.. rishie rich being sensible or knew and Poo-ing himself ?

either way, still just a human being like all of us.

Get better soon Boris.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Was wondering if I should try to make some masks then read of all the counterfeit ones being made in Turkey and realized that t
Oh, that is brilliant. Never thought of that...
I have some tomatoes in the fridge from my shop yesterday @Ryhia

Thank you so much x
Planted some tomato seeds this morning, old stock so not sure if they will germinate. May look in the fridge to see what other veg I've got that I can try growing. Know I have some courgettes, aubergines, peppers and chillies which if they germinate should be ok to grow in the sunroom. Will be an interesting experiment. Hubby might be unhappy that I am nicking his compost but needs must. And he is welcome to grow some potatoes in the garden if he likes. He actually prefers to grow flowers so thinking about that, I know there are a few nasturtium seeds we didn't use last year and the pansies are already growing in the garden so some salad possibilities. May need to go savaging for nettles Gennepher, they should be really fresh and young at the moment so good for eating. :happy:

Reactions: ianpspurs

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Latency of my internet grabbed the posts about Boris so just finding that out. Can see it on tv now. They are talking about as a national crisis but I think the NHS not having the equipment they need is a national scandal.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
BJ Obviously not been practising social distancing.
On a human level I pray he recovers and as many have been saying I feel for his pregnant partner Carrie. Otherwise, this is a non story which a more cynical person would say has been confected to distract from the shortage of PPE and ventilators.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here's my prediction. Boris will miraculously recover in short shrift (as will Trumpf when he gets it) and declare that the virus isn't that bad after all so let's open shop again :bag:

This is only partly tongue in cheek ;)

Like Alan Krumwiede in the film Contagion.

Reactions: UserABC2021