What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning. Stopped sleeping (war on woke, remember) well before 4 which is often one of the joys of LC for me. Never accompanied by satisfactory A1c. No fbg as I don't see that it will reveal anything useful just at the minute. Julie is in Southampton as pregnant DIL is in hospital being monitored and we have a granddaughter missing mum and needing care. I think that as DIL is a nurse on the teenage cancer ward and works 12 hr+ shifts she just needs a rest. Scan shows she and baby girl (not another one:arghh:) are fine. An ex Zimbabwean cricketer is ripping out and replacing all out loos, baths and showers and turning the rooms less just not me. His mate has honoured his word and beat the best price for the hardware Julie found on t'internet:):)All good fun but I have mucho tea, almond milk, avocado, salad, 5 litres each of EVO and mayo and plenty of tins of mackerel:):) Hope all goes well for you fine people. I do find the BCP more to my taste as an ageing fogey. This is such an elegant way to ask for everything I wish you all today: those things which are requisite and necessary, as well for the body as the soul. Pip, pip old toots.

Ex cricketer...oh dear

That's going to delay things for weeks...:D

Hope everything goes smoothly for DiL :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Carrying on with mountains and waterfalls. Tryfan and the waterfall I painted yesterday seen from Nant Ffrancon with Benglog, Ogwen falls below. Another of my favourite walks. This face of Tryfan gets the last of the setting sun the valley lightens up and the rock face of the mountain glows. I have been a bit bold with the colours I need to take a leaf out of @geefull book and use a lighter approach, ah well ''tis done. Watercolour A4 about 1 hour with drying times.

I have included the early stage of the painting as a thumb nail before the detail was added.View attachment 44465
View attachment 44464
lovely sunset colours. I like your treatment of the mighty Tryfan. Is that Milestone Butress?

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning. Stopped sleeping (war on woke, remember) well before 4 which is often one of the joys of LC for me. Never accompanied by satisfactory A1c. No fbg as I don't see that it will reveal anything useful just at the minute. Julie is in Southampton as pregnant DIL is in hospital being monitored and we have a granddaughter missing mum and needing care. I think that as DIL is a nurse on the teenage cancer ward and works 12 hr+ shifts she just needs a rest. Scan shows she and baby girl (not another one:arghh:) are fine. An ex Zimbabwean cricketer is ripping out and replacing all out loos, baths and showers and turning the rooms less just not me. His mate has honoured his word and beat the best price for the hardware Julie found on t'internet:):)All good fun but I have mucho tea, almond milk, avocado, salad, 5 litres each of EVO and mayo and plenty of tins of mackerel:):) Hope all goes well for you fine people. I do find the BCP more to my taste as an ageing fogey. This is such an elegant way to ask for everything I wish you all today: those things which are requisite and necessary, as well for the body as the soul. Pip, pip old toots.
Your home seems in upheaval and you are going to be busy supplying pleantyof cups of tea. :)
Hugs for Julie and DIL situation hope all is well for DIL.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.9/4.4 yesterday (pick a finger ;)) and 4.2 today

BT are still digging their trench, I think they are laying in new fibre cable for a group of house sites.
Our internet is up and down still. I must try to catch up with the posts I've missed :sorry:

I look forward to seeing the art for the last couple of days, I've missed it :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

here are a couple of quick sketches I did whilst sitting outside the health centre waiting for mr gee.
View attachment 44468

and my try at painting an interesting sky View attachment 44469
Lovely couple of sketches - will they be painted? Long lazy lake with a sky to guide you towards the mountains. Timothy and Pru on the Puffer

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your home seems in upheaval and you are going to be busy supplying pleantyof cups of tea. :)
Hugs for Julie and DIL situation hope all is well for DIL.
He's a coffee man. Fortunately, tiles and hardware stored at suppliers to collect as needed. We have effectively lived with things boxed up either here or previous house for over a year. COVID stalled things here for about 6 months as builders were busy. This house renovation is a small gamble based on information about US military staying around here and sensible purchase price. DIL seems fine thanks. Take care.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All the best for DIL - yes, rest is probably called for given the occupation. No distraction cricket talking - enjoy your tea.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All the best for DIL - yes, rest is probably called for given the occupation. No distraction cricket talking - enjoy your tea.
DIL seems fine with rest thanks but still in the same hospital where she works. Her parents - in France - were a GP and Consultant gynaecologist who she likes to be kept away from in such times. The guy ripping and replacing played against the son whose wife it is. Also a really good chance for Julie to spend time with our granddaughter. I'd completely forgotten about tea:angelic:

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.5 for me today, back in those flipping 6s. :banghead:

Entertaining today. The other two members of our Recorder Quartet are arriving for lunch and then some making music at a social distance. With the weather getting cooler I suddenly find myself stressed about getting heat verses ventilation right. Also going to be interesting with our no floor situation, a bit like walking the plank. Then there is the question of Covid risk, everything we seem to do which is getting less and less socially is becoming stressful and worrying. I will strive to live by the rules but have no desire to become a hermit. Hard times.:(

Fill your day with interest. Keep safe.

Reactions: mojo37

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a day of promise and wonder in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of spicy squash curry accompanied by mixed mushrooms with onion, chili and ginger in honour of National Curry Week came in at 5.2 this am. Keralan style boiled egg curry on the menu tonight (potatoes being replaced with celeriac).

Wonderful sunny and warm day yesterday so granddaughter treated to a round of the park and then a long perambulate up the beach. Overall, managed just short of 7 miles. NHS app pinged “Possible Covid-19 exposure. Someone your were near reported having Covid-19 blah blah - search on internet - message seems to mean nothing at all and just some ghost in the machine. The acronym KISS springs to mind - mind you if you don’t know columns from rows it doesn’t look good.

Another tree today - transported from our local park and plonked into la la land. Hope everyone has a great day - the sun shines brightly here - time for koffy

upload_2020-10-7_8-14-40.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Entertaining today. The other two members of our Recorder Quartet are arriving for lunch and then some making music at a social distance. With the weather getting cooler I suddenly find myself stressed about getting heat verses ventilation right. Also going to be interesting with our no floor situation, a bit like walking the plank. Then there is the question of Covid risk, everything we seem to do which is getting less and less socially is becoming stressful and worrying. I will strive to live by the rules but have no desire to become a hermit. Hard times.:(

Hard times indeed and yes, fill your day with interesting distractions. Enjoy your day, sounds great, especially the plank walking - pirate voices only.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Lovely walk.in the sunshine. A bit chilly, but I don't mind chilly if there is sunshine.

A quick coffee and off to work.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Hug for the worry but enjoy the music making. As regards being a hermit, that would be right up my street really - being an only child was a big influence. I was totally ok with the false shielding letter (like a pig in whatsit) - I did debate whether to tell Julie and the boys it was a mistake. Does that make me a bad person?

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...an horrendous job last night the technology of our Metropolitan Police force lacks any kind of competency...an interview with so much feedback it was almost impossible to hear...delays meant hearing the same comments 2-3 times one after the other...interesting they had to rush at the end of the interview to return the tablet to a colleague who had 'lent' it to them...only one in the station...finally bed at 3 am woke this morning wondering if it was a bad dream...coffee is a great restorer about to make another...no FBG can't be bothered work at 11 am...need to get ready...keep safe everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Out to Lidl shopping at 0800,
c.80 Pinkfeet calling flying over southwest. Wind very cold with the dawn sun rising.
Must try to increase my walking mileage again if I feel up to it.
Mentioned to daughter the endos response.
They stick to their oath!
Said you have heart a problem, T2D and your 81, anyone of those could make you tired, you should not exhaust yourself.,
Actually I am 30!
D.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Out to Lidl shopping at 0800,
c.80 Pinkfeet calling flying over southwest. Wind very cold with the dawn sun rising.
Must try to increase my walking mileage again if I feel up to it.
Mentioned to daughter the endos response.
They stick to their oath!
Said you have heart a problem, T2D and your 81, anyone of those could make you tired, you should not exhaust yourself.,
Actually I am 30!
D.
Donald, is that you?