What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've ordered them a new bed now wondering why...the cat cave pyramid one is still upstairs unused...but I remian hopeful they'll use this one it's big enough for two...watch this space.
Fingers crossed that they both share the bed. We have bed wars here also. Archie will try to stretch out full length on their double day bed to stop Poppy getting on it.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
New boots in the process of being purchased - saves me finding the cheapest place for a well known No5 smelly this year - or maybe not. Heating system now fully inspected and on British Gas cover - long story involving one builder undoing some of the work done by another. No mention of Timberland boat shoes - yet. @dunelm I very much like brands and advertising them on my clothing etc but I do "get" the buy/acquire once but well mantra. In general you get what you pay for. Julie is a prime example.:angelic:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No sign of it so far gennepher...they have a more gentler flashing fairy lights around the pillars on their porch...so fingers crossed...a very impressive nature barrier you've done in your bathroom...if the neighbour adds more I'll be sending Charlie & Lola over with some mini wire cutters.
Thank you :)
Wire cutters would be welcome @HarryBeau
Ask Charlie and Lola if they could bring some extending poles as well for the wire cutters, and then it could be done without me having to leave my property.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a wet and dreary start to St Andrews day in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of a low carb shepherds pie with roasted cauliflower greens came in at 5.2 this am

Brand loyalty crying going on today but Philip is not green with envy. I shall just go for things well made, long lasting and without thoughts of using my body as a free advertising board. I could get into the the habit of some sort of tunic with a scapular and cowl.
More decorations moving in stealth mode yesterday, drifting silently into the house as if the attic is not creaking under the weight of jingle all the way. Very soon it will be Vicky Leandros. singing Süßer die Glocken nie klingen.

Not a full tree today - just the local branch. Hope you are all well, I think we have just about finished with gift collecting - some wrapping up to do and a bit of tithing for local food bank. Koffy is ready.

View attachment 45849
Like this @dunelm
And the green on the leaves...

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.2

Up early again.
Had a couple of bits of shopping to do, so went out early. But I had slowed down to nearly dead stop. So it took me too long. Back home now. Back in bed. Cooked sausages. Ate them all, from the pan.
As I went past the card shop, Brain said just pop in and buy some cards, you know you don't want to make any this year. It was just that someone said to me (no one on this thread or forum I must say) oh you must put a red Robin on your Chinese winter snow trees...really?????
That was when I went on strike for painting all my Xmas cards this year.
So I went in and bought some. They are charity ones. They are so small there is no room for any chatty writing, just a name. That suits me...

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Horrible day for Julie continues. Her fitbit - <1 yo- just blank. Long virtual chat with fitbit ended abruptly with her unable to save the details of returns. Lots of blue air - unusually not from me! Calming words, phone call and result - send back to Brum not Netherlands. Made the irate gel a coffee, packed the fitbit. All is calm, all is bright and ne'ery a whisper about you know what - (yet).

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 ➡️
23 or so hours Swipey happily tells me until time for a new sensor

Workout done - an extra 30s added to the longer run time for the next two weeks... and by the time the second longer distance rolled about I was doing a fair impersonation of Puffing Billy! Who know 30 second could last a lumbering lifetime!
Still I managed it on the old knees-of-creak, and have iced them and dutifully taken all my rattling tablets.

Laundry done, dishwashing on, rent from the cave-dweller received and the rent from my late mother’s bungalow STILL isn’t up to full strength as little bits of new tenant costs keep creeping in... still it is better than nothing and a little better than last month.

I probably can pay my deferred tax bill so will tighten the old belt and get that out of the way, and it reminds me to do the pain of sorting out my self-assessment bobbins.

Wish me luck as I send the DIY Demo off.

Reactions: mojo37

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Horrible day for Julie continues. Her fitbit - <1 yo- just blank. Long virtual chat with fitbit ended abruptly with her unable to save the details of returns. Lots of blue air - unusually not from me! Calming words, phone call and result - send back to Brum not Netherlands. Made the irate gel a coffee, packed the fitbit. All is calm, all is bright and ne'ery a whisper about you know what - (yet).

She has my sympathy... when they decide to not do anything, they do it with a vengeance!
Funnily enough we have an article about those and one forthcoming over the next month ... will shamelessly send you links!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 ➡️

Workout done - an extra 30s added to the longer run time for the next two weeks... and by the time the second longer distance rolled about I was doing a fair impersonation of Puffing Billy! Who know 30 second could last a lumbering lifetime!
Still I managed it on the old knees-of-creak, and have iced them and dutifully taken all my rattling tablets.

Laundry done, dishwashing on, rent from the cave-dweller received and the rent from my late mother’s bungalow STILL isn’t up to full strength as little bits of new tenant costs keep creeping in... still it is better than nothing and a little better than last month.

I probably can pay my deferred tax bill so will tighten the old belt and get that out of the way, and it reminds me to do the pain of sorting out my self-assessment bobbins.

Good luck as you send off the DIY Demo. This girl can!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 ➡️

All seems to be going well for you today I hope it continues and the demo lands you some work, you have put in loads of input you deserve success.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My 5 year old fitbit stopped working at the weekend. Bought one on Amazon on a black Friday deal. My old one was a clip on one because I hate wearing a watch. Managed to find one that converts from a watch to a clip on. It's being delivered on Wednesday.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Chicken stuffed with black pudding and wrapped in bacon - oh yes! Poor Mr G indeed - he needs a rest - perhaps a walk in that superb valley up to the mountains in your painting. Really like this one - great use of light and delicate application to the landscape.

Went with hug.
I like black pudding
I like chicken.
But the two together one inside the other .:eek::yuck:

So my week was ok last week.

I had bad news

Lost my wallet Friday walking Frankie.
Battersea park I think.
D/L, assorted cards, a little cash....:banghead:

Good news is.

Got handed into one of my banks branches.
Collected Saturday .

ALL accounted for..:singing::D

Renews faith,
But sadly no contact details to say a proper thank you on.

But, yeah..a good week.:)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.

A 5.8 this morning on the meter of mystery and naughtiness.

Early start in Tilehurst Towers, me and me's had a hospital appointment at a hospital the other side of Berkshire which entailed risking life and limb on two motorways. The consultant does not want to see for another 12 months, so he is confident that me and me's will survive the assassination attempts on me and me's life in the next year.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers, lots of hope your day is going well. Not long till freedom from locknown.
Must go things to plan hehehehehe.