What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
when will y'all learn bins are collected Thursday
Here, here, on the Bin front, what's wrong with these people who think National bin front happens any day but Thursday.

Also, here, here on the Remy research, their fine Medicinal Medicine is well tested here.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Home testing kit arriving tomorrow hopefully...then 48 hours for the result at least I don't have to leave the house...a little snotty and a slight cough but temperature is spot on @ 34.6...on the Lemsip Max cold & flu capsules...will keep you posted.
Fingers crossed.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I’m new to the forums and have discovered this thread whilst having an initial browse!

I’ve been diagnosed with type 2 for a year or so and my management of it has been patchy. I need to get better! Having said that, my reading this morning was 6.2.

Due to other health issues, I don’t get out as much as I’d like. Currently waiting an op which has been understandably delayed.

Not sure how much/little to write but happy for questions!

Have a good day!
Good reading and welcome to this crazy but friendly corner of the forum. Write as much or as little as you wish someone will be reading it and ask away regarding Diabetes, lots of different experiences amongst posters here.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I’m new to the forums and have discovered this thread whilst having an initial browse!

I’ve been diagnosed with type 2 for a year or so and my management of it has been patchy. I need to get better! Having said that, my reading this morning was 6.2.

Due to other health issues, I don’t get out as much as I’d like. Currently waiting an op which has been understandably delayed.

Have a good day!

Welcome to the thread.

You can talk all you like here, post pictures, art, and generally moan about life, the universe, and everything in it.
Here, here, on the Bin front, what's wrong with these people who think National bin front happens any day but Thursday.

Also, here, here on the Remy research, their fine Medicinal Medicine is well tested here.

Right here is why proper Brummies can't have nice things... because you Black Country folk ruin Bin Day!! Thursday is when all good and gracious bin men become road sweepers and clean our street, which they can't do if they'm emptyin' yo'er bins :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mum has been diagnosed type2 for about six years. Think she has decided not to worry about developing complications.
For me twenty years younger, that seems a real possibility if I don't take charge now.
My mom was the same and I know I and my sisters gave her all the wrong advice, if only I knew then what I know now. However she made it to 90 but suffered with terrible Neuropathy of feet and had many bleeds in her eyes. I vow not to have the same problems but it isn't easy.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Right here is why proper Brummies can't have nice things... because you Black Country folk ruin Bin Day!! Thursday is when all good and gracious bin men become road sweepers and clean our street, which they can't do if they'm emptyin' yo'er bins :)
Ah! But when they are emptying your bins they aren't sweeping our streets. So I blame the Brummies. :)

@Alien Aspie EDIT What am I on about? I live in Cannock Chase District Council no longer In the blackcountry, I know for a fact that Wolverhampton and Willenhall bin days are Monday, no wonder no streets get swept.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah! But when they are emptying your bins they aren't sweeping our streets. So I blame the Brummies. :)

Well if you changed over to motorised carriages instead of those beasts of burden your streets would be clean(er) ;)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another 8 with a 8.6 too many carbs silly though this may sound I'm waiting for the new year to get into proper low carbing

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mum has been diagnosed type2 for about six years. Think she has decided not to worry about developing complications.
For me twenty years younger, that seems a real possibility if I don't take charge now.
Six years is still longer than the PCs give people who don't toe their line. All sorts of nasties should have visited her long ago according to their "truths"

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Am late with fbs this morning - it was 5.5.

Got behind with everything yesterday. My new fitbit arrived but I could not start it up nor link it up to my phone or tablet as they didn't recognise that it was a bluetooth device. Researched it on Google but none of the suggestions worked.

Wasted more than 2 hours and got really cross and started jabbing at the fitbit app on the phone. Suddenly they connect. Have absolutely no idea what I did but it is now working perfectly.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Have a good day!
Hi @Jayb72
Welcome!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Got behind with everything yesterday. My new fitbit arrived but I could not start it up nor link it up to my phone or tablet as they didn't recognise that it was a bluetooth device. Researched it on Google but none of the suggestions worked.

Wasted more than 2 hours and got really cross and started jabbing at the fitbit app on the phone. Suddenly they connect. Have absolutely no idea what I did but it is now working perfectly.
Hugs for you @Krystyna23040
For the frustration.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.15am FBG 6.2

Realised today that the almost inevitable metamorphosis for females is upon me, unless swift and decisive action is taken - I will turn into my mother!
Mum is a Type2. So she doesnt eat pasta, rice or potatoes, bread only in small quantities every lunch time, but does eat cakes, puddings, fruit two or three times a day) chocolate and sweets... but she is 86..although her mother lived to 100...
Am finding LC very difficult atm. With limited cooking facilities, and MrSlims serious medical condition which needs a low protein, low fat, diet, his recommended foods are nearly all carbs. White bread, potatoes, rice and pasta which complicates matters. He has a sweet tooth and buys cakes, biscuits and puddings too. We often end up with two separate meals.
The freezer is tiny and the fridge is erratic (sometimes freezes everything or else puddles of water in the base,) so batch cooking is not really possible.
Probably going back to some version of Sunday lunch which we can both eat, if I don't have potatoes and he has a smaller portion of the meat. This seems the easiest compromise, but it does get boring.
Other happenings. My laptop has had only 8 mins of life without mains, so MrSlim bought and fitted a new battery. Yay! Green light. But now it won't start. The power switch has sometimes needed several jabs to get it going. Nothing doing now. And laptop rattles.
New battery for my piece of junk laptop. Well, maybe battery can be sold on ebay.
The day is getting away from me, no chance for early shopping trip now. Ofc part of that is I don't really want to go out...First day out of lockdown am expecting shops and other places to be busy. However might be able to buy spare gas bottle now. Unavailable during lockdown.

@Jayb72 welcome to the forum and this thread in particular.
Hugs @SlimLizzy for the conflicting food needs between you and Me Slim. It must be a huge nightmare in your limited facilities.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - J seems to have had some fascinating memories passed on from his dad. :)
Hugs for your tiring day, some people have no thought for others :sorry: but you've still managed to give us a striking portrait of Popeye, I like the texture of his coat :)

art bit -
began a picture yesterday of some irises and they took a lot more fiddling than I expected (either that or I was just in fiddle mode :hilarious:), so, I finished them off today, they'll be in the next batch of art I scan.

Hazy sunshine and a calm sea for today's post;)
View attachment 45892

Thank you for the compliment @geefull
J had many many stories...

Your seascape is beautiful and calming.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @gennepher . If only I knew what I had done to get it to connect. It would have been useful to know in case it happens again.
I have problems @Krystyna23040 with a lot of bluetooth pairing, often because the blinking thing is giving me verbal instructions which I cannot hear. So I get to the umpteenth combination of stuff in possibly a few million possible combinations , and I now have a box full of unpairable stuff...

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a tier 3 start in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of leftover chicken soup came in at 4.8 this am

Snow and/or frost has been tentatively mentioned for tomorrow - thankfully not today, it may have spoilt International Bin Day. Vaccine news takes another move forward. Should I buy shares in deep cold storage facilities?

@geefull - glad you enjoyed the foliage studies. Very calming view from you today, detailed rocks sitting on the shore with the sun hiding behind that hazy sky.
@Muddy Cyclist - another wonderful watercolour - thanks for sharing.
@JohnEGreen - lovely sunset
@ianpspurs - wishing you will with your double blind Speyside research.
@lindisfel - enjoy your pre-MOT car valeting.

Picture today - auto-suggestion of a mountain popped into my head - where did that come from - anyhow - single brush (wolf hair I think) on rice paper. Enjoy your Wednesday, koffy time.

View attachment 45900
A majestic mountain @dunelm

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hug given but winner for the 5.5

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm thats a grand mountain ridge you have drawn today, just the sort waiting for me on my Mountain Bike what fun that would be.

Reactions: jjraak