What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What is even more annoying is that the old fitbit that stopped working has suddenly started working again. At the moment technology seems to be conspiring against me.

Meant a hug for the hassle

But gave a "you couldn't make it up" chuckle for the machines and AI having its own opinions

God help us when we get Robots.

Bet they all sound like this.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...woke with a stinky cold & just a slight cough I'm sure it's just a cold but have sent off for a home test kit...be interesting to see if their turn around is as swift as they claim...my temperature is normal and my sense of taste & smell if fine...had some coffee & bacon to test it...work ongoing next door it seems to be dragging on & on & on...our water is now turned off because they've hot snag and they cannot say when it will be switched on tiresome...woke to a 6.5...keep safe everyone.
Hope you are feeling lot better this evening and that your water wasn't off too long.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
They were interesting memories from a different era @Krystyna23040

There was no cream or double cream in the shops today, different shops than yesterday.
There was no cat litter either in two shops. I don't get it?

Tomorrow I will be at the equestrian place buying some horse bedding, wood pellets. Surely that won't have sold out?

I am glad Archie is much better.
It is good to keep those memories alive.
the cream shortage is a puzzle. Hope the horse bedding pellets haven't sold out.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is good to keep those memories alive.
the cream shortage is a puzzle. Hope the horse bedding pellets haven't sold out.
No one appears to have discovered yet that it can be used for cat litter @Krystyna23040
It is a secret...keep it quiet...
:)

And thanks for the Sciatica good wishes...it is still playing up :(

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.4

My painting for today in ZenBrush3
I have been looking at Zhang Zaqian's work the last few days. I love his ink colour work. I tried to create his colours in my yesterday's landscape, but failed, hence my making the landscape to a more abstract work.

Today is a black and white waterfall loosely from one of his paintings.

I really need to do this on proper Chinese paper and real ink. But my place is a mess with trying to work out the Xmas decorations for the outside of the bathroom window grotto, and I now have more plans for that bit, and I am half working on the outside of my bedroom window one too.

The weather has plans of sleet and snow today, but I will wrap up warm, and do that grotto....at least it is not below freezing today...

3185F841-3506-4A94-BF0B-264D9CE0A2D8.jpeg

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SlimLizzy Hugs all round - Both my parents were diabetic... Pa was skinny as a rake, golfed every day in his retirement and I suspect was misdiagnosed as T2 and was probably actually T1.5 as he was put straight on insulin, did not pass go, did not get £200... Mum was a more 'typical' T2 (whatever the tabloids think anyway) and I take after my dad. Hope you find a cooking compromise with MrSlim

@Krystyna23040 I might have worked in IT for 20 years before crossing to the dark side of journalism (and sports at that!) but the pairing of devices, especially those of the FitBit variety made me use earthy Anglo-saxon that would make a Paratrooper blush!

Swipey did an impressive impersonation of a mountain range yesterday but settled down last night, and this morning looked to be relatively steady
6.2 ➡️

Blood letting tomorrow, so going to scuttle out of the house (might have to get out of bed and out of jim-jams) at around 8:20 and see what the bus service is like in terms of space on buses and if it looks ok will get the bus there and back as it is much cheaper an option.

Swipe-o-meter says estimated A1c is 5.5% or 37 mmol/mol - But testing time includes a duff sensor and a few days missing so assume it will come in a lot higher. Hopefully at least around the 59 mark which was pre-burnout and coming down from the exceedingly high Mr Kipling levels of yore x 2. 45 was as low as I have managed to get it so as long as it is not back up over 100+ I guess that would be a start!

As lovely neighbour was telling me yesterday she and her hubby have never seen me looking so healthy and I confirmed I was at my lowest weight for about 11 years, passive aggressive neighbour wandered down the road and was asking if we wanted to come in on some Jenny Craig subscription offer. Lovely neighbour's husband is T1 so she declined, so Mrs Passive Aggressive turned to me and (bear in mind I am my lowest weight in over a decade) said: "Well surely you will want to come in on this as you have some pounds to lose, obviously."
LN was outraged (from NZ and not used to London bluntness) and I pointed out as a T2 I also needed to home cook Low carb, and PA neighbour took this as an affront.
She decided to lecture me on how trudging to the corner shop to get a pint of milk does not constitute exercise and that she had half a mind to make me (!) come out on walks with her dog. I again politely declined, saying I front-load my weekdays with physio rehab on busted knees and then high intensity cardio but thanks so much for the suggestion.

Nowt as queer as folk....

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Lawks-a-mercy the things people do say @RFSMarch. Anyhow, moving right along on a dreary December morning, this here selection box is crammed full of delights. @Muddy Cyclist young Mr MC makes exceedingly good Christmas cakes and MC Senior paints stunning Mountains/Hills . Being from The Fens a speed bump is a landmark. @gennepher spiffing shopping hunter gatherer venture - top hole. @geefull more wonderful art from your good self. I'm sure your knitwear for Christmas/presents is spiffing but, but, but I have a major aversion to almost anything home made at Christmas - Grandchildren get a pass on that one. So, Swipey bestowed a 4.6 on me @5.15 this very day. OKish if true but scaled to what I think that means IRL appalling, IMHO. Unfortunately, if you are reading this you are on my Advent journey through times past. Currently I'm on 1978 courtesy of this earworm. Very appropriate really, as it was the last time I was living somewhere so desolate (Croydon:bigtears:) and felt certain I had made an appalling life choice (teaching) and just ended a UNI relationship. By The Grace of God that turned out ok - 8 years of misery punctuated by rapture from sport. It was sport that led to me meeting (staggering into) Julie:). Pip Pip Old Toots

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, from a dark and wet Tilehurst Towers.

5.5 on that meter of misbehaving and mystery.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers we are well into December, the streets around here are well lit with every different type of illumination you could imagine. Mrs J has festooned our house with lights, but only indoors.....thankfully, the outside would be my domain, but as me and me's are not to be trusted, well you can imagine.

Whatever your plans are for today, may your deity of choice smile kindly on you, remembering to leave the Christmas booze alone till......this afternoon.

Reactions: mojo37

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lawks-a-mercy the things people do say @RFSMarch. Anyhow, moving right along on a dreary December morning, this here selection box is crammed full of delights. @Muddy Cyclist young Mr MC makes exceedingly good Christmas cakes and MC Senior paints stunning Mountains/Hills . Being from The Fens a speed bump is a landmark. @gennepher spiffing shopping hunter gatherer veture - top hole. @geefull more wonderful art from your good self. I'm sure your knitwear for Christmas/presents is spiffing but, but, but I have a major aversion to almost anything home made at Christmas - Grandchildren get a pass on that one. So, Swipey bestowed a 4.6 on me @5.15 this very day. OKish if true bu scaled to what I think that means IRL appalling, IMHO. Unfortunately, if you are reading this you are on my Advent journey through times past. Currently I'm on 1978 courtesy of this earworm. Very appropriate really, as it was the last time I was living somewhere so desolate (Croydon:bigtears:) and felt certain I had made an appalling life choice (teaching) and just ended a UNI relationship. By The Grace of God that turned out ok - 8 years of misery punctuated by rapture from sport. It was sport that led to me meeting Julie. Pip Pip Old Toots
Thank you, can't wait to taste it, a morsel at a time. Thanks for Mountain painting compliment. Nice ear worm you posted today a song we have performed many times at Christmas gigs over the years, sadly no gigs this year. :(

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.5 for me this damp and nit very festive feeling day.

Tesco dash today, new Christmas Mask and my Fedora with Christmas ribbons to wear and add some cheer.

No Muddy Cycle ride as my Arthritis decided to give me Jip everywhere, I will put it down to the damp weather.

Make some part of your day or even all of it exciting. Keep safe.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Blood letting tomorrow,
I'm sure HbA1c will be a successful result based on your readings. My Health Centre are still refusing to do tests so by the time I next get tested it will be 18 months so no idea what's going on as my pet Dracula seems to throw some strange mystifying numbers at me, can't trust these vampires. :)

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.4

My painting for today in ZenBrush3
I have been looking at Zhang Zaqian's work the last few days. I love his ink colour work. I tried to create his colours in my yesterday's landscape, but failed, hence my making the landscape to a more abstract work.

Today is a black and white waterfall loosely from one of his paintings.

I really need to do this on proper Chinese paper and real ink. But my place is a mess with trying to work out the Xmas decorations for the outside of the bathroom window grotto, and I now have more plans for that bit, and I am half working on the outside of my bedroom window one too.

The weather has plans of sleet and snow today, but I will wrap up warm, and do that grotto....at least it is not below freezing today...

View attachment 45919
A nice tall waterfall a powerful piece of art. Hugs for the continued discomfort.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.5 for me this damp and nit very festive feeling day.

Tesco dash today, new Christmas Mask and my Fedora with Christmas ribbons to wear and add some cheer.

No Muddy Cycle ride as my Arthritis decided to give me Jip everywhere, I will put it down to the damp weather.

Make some part of your day or even all of it exciting. Keep safe.
Hug is for Arthritis and, I detect, sadness at no Christmas gigs. Great fbg - things settling down?