What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a dull, windy start to the day in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of sausage cassoulet came in at 5.7 this am - must be because I called it a cassoulet instead of a casserole - foreign cookery terms are tres difficile after that there Brexit.
Some foot ball happened yesterday - some people happy - some sad. I can tell because there are people on the box saying “and yeh” every 10 seconds with a football scene in the background.
Art today - this time on a small piece of grass paper - it’s quite a bit more delicate than rice paper but has a nice texture - about 3 x 3 inches. Hope everyone has a pleasant day despite closure of butchers shops, thank goodness for the spirited help of volunteers. Time for koffy and then think about how I can avoid participating in what Mrs Miggins has in mind (evidence of furniture moving in one of the bedrooms).

View attachment 46805

A great tiny skilful sketch @dunelm
I am looking at that grass paper now.
There seems to be a couple different grass papers.
Have a good day.

Reactions: jjraak

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who follow the covid guidelines.
A 6.6 on the meter of misbehaving and naughtiness.

Another strenuous day in the garden planned, subject to energy and rain here in Tilehurst Towers.
Mrs J has published some of her art work and has given me permission to post some of her efforts on here, but not today.
Have a great day and stay safe. Now I must sign out and get into yet more trouble with you know who :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This may be of use or reassurance to a few here. I have taken a time out on Swipey while I talk to the coaching staff and bring on more wide receivers. My ground game - aka sleeping - is going well this quarter and short passing game - bg via Swipey - is good but my chunk game - weight - which was No 1 in Breckland West Division - has slipped in the ratings. It may well be that this is a winning combination this season but best check, eh?. Need all available weapons to be tip top to reach Superbowls. Height of arrogance to assume No 1 draft QB LC - out of UNI of Lordknowswhere (Phd's $500 a piece) - can match Brady (Cancer?), Montana (T2?), Morino (Sleep?), Manning (weight?) despite pundits claims that it is Patrick Mahomes ii, Terry Bradshaw, Johhny Unitias, Joe Walsh, Bill Belichick and Vince Lombardi all rolled into one. BTW, I'm partial to a spot of NFL, especially at this time of year but may be guilty of drawing too many comparisons at times. @True Blue Orange Doltard is most droll - possibly absolves the historical forces, tawdry processes and downright disgraceful people - not the poor foot soldiers - enabling him but splendid phrase.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This may be of use or reassurance to a few here. I have taken a time out on Swipey while I talk to the coaching staff and bring on more wide receivers. My ground game - aka sleeping - is going well this quarter and short passing game - bg via Swipey - is good but my chunk game - weight - which was No 1 in Breckland West Division - has slipped in the ratings. It may well be that this is a winning combination this season but best check, eh?. Need all available weapons to be tip top to reach Superbowls. Height of arrogance to assume No 1 draft QB LC - out of UNI of Lordknowswhere (Phd's $500 a piece) - can match Brady (Cancer?), Montana (T2?), Morino (Sleep?), Manning (weight?) despite pundits claims that it is Patrick Mahomes ii, Terry Bradshaw, Johhny Unitias, Joe Walsh, Bill Belichick and Vince Lombardi all rolled into one. BTW, I'm partial to a spot of NFL, especially at this time of year nut may be guilty of drawing too many comparisons at times. @True Blue Orange Doltard is most droll - possibly absolves the historical forces, tawdry processes and downright disgraceful people - not the poor foot soldiers - enabling him but splendid phrase.
Interesting article there. UV disappearing in winter above 40 degree latitude and UK is above 50 - no wonder my GP told me to take vit D supplements quite a few years ago. I also take B12, C, Zinc and Magnesium - still treating everyone and myself as though we already have the infection though - stock up on spam and tins of sardines - you know it makes sense

Reactions: geefull

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting article there. UV disappearing in winter above 40 degree latitude and UK is above 50 - no wonder my GP told me to take vit D supplements quite a few years ago. I also take B12, C, Zinc and Magnesium - still treating everyone and myself as though we already have the infection though - stock up on spam and tins of sardines - you know it makes sense
Mackerel in EVO for me. 5 ltrs EVO, 1 kg Emmental, 1 kg cooking chorizo and 1 kg of Dijon mustard on their way. 5 ltrs of ACV here already - just need the mackerel and salad to come through and I can stay locked down for some time. Oh, I have 3 months supply of Vit D and multi vits (allegedly targeted at saps like me eating LC/keto.) 2 belts and 3 pairs of braces tightly fitted.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
This may be of use or reassurance to a few here. I have taken a time out on Swipey while I talk to the coaching staff and bring on more wide receivers. My ground game - aka sleeping - is going well this quarter and short passing game - bg via Swipey - is good but my chunk game - weight - which was No 1 in Breckland West Division - has slipped in the ratings. It may well be that this is a winning combination this season but best check, eh?. Need all available weapons to be tip top to reach Superbowls. Height of arrogance to assume No 1 draft QB LC - out of UNI of Lordknowswhere (Phd's $500 a piece) - can match Brady (Cancer?), Montana (T2?), Morino (Sleep?), Manning (weight?) despite pundits claims that it is Patrick Mahomes ii, Terry Bradshaw, Johhny Unitias, Joe Walsh, Bill Belichick and Vince Lombardi all rolled into one. BTW, I'm partial to a spot of NFL, especially at this time of year nut may be guilty of drawing too many comparisons at times. @True Blue Orange Doltard is most droll - possibly absolves the historical forces, tawdry processes and downright disgraceful people - not the poor foot soldiers - enabling him but splendid phrase.
I would give you a winner if I knew what it all meant?
D.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cor blimey! Mid-week tennis tournament has thrown me off my clock completely! Awake to watch at 6, and then everything goes by the wayside!
Also Swipey misbehaving after that somewhat vigorous cardio boxing session made it worthless to post because it registers low throughout the night (and admittedly I sleep on my arm occasionally) but I also toss and turn so... who knows!

Anyhoo... 5.7 ➡️ and 6.0 ➡️ after a failed run which is another bone of annoyance. Week 4 on C25K is a big jump to starting with a 3m run and then supposed to be 5m but building up to that in 30s increments.
New knee supports and I strapped the right one around my tree trunk calf muscle and it was just cutting into my leg throughout the run so I had to stop because I was beginning to hobble (which would just cause more issues)... so very very annoyed at myself.
I suppose when I think that when I started I had to break c25K into 10m, 12m30s and so on just to get to running and walking for 30m I have come a long way. But it doesn't stop me from being really hacked off with now having to repeat that for another two weeks.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I followed the LC playbook yesterday/last week/whenever"and got an unexpected outcome or side effect
Unfortunately my unexpected side effect was not a good one. Very slow, or non-existent transit. Psyllium husk saved the day thank goodness.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a follow letter today, my follow up jab is March 10th.
D.
Excellent news. 91 yo MIL will have first jab on Saturday - good job she still drives no public transport for that time and place. Julie or our boys could take her but that bends the rules out of shape somewhat. Her house move is nearing completion so organising follow up will be fun - Cambs to Suffolk not far but h/c systems worlds apart. Deal with that when the problem arises. Getting contracts for house sale witnessed is a bit of an issue for a 91 yo isolating.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They are not very palatable, do you eat them with sugar in custard?
D.
I don't mind them. Probably because they have worked so well. I put a teaspoon in a glass of water mix it up and drink it straight down. It doesn't really taste of anything - which is strange because when I tried it mixed with my ground flaxseeds the taste was horrible.

Reactions: True Blue

lindisfel

Expert
Had a follow up letter today, my follow up jab is March 10th.
D.
Btw it says in the write up in post the first Pfizer jab is only 50% effective so don't change ones strategy to the virus from published advice.
I thought they made out one jab was almost 90%?
I think the elderly are in an experiment.
D.

lindisfel

Expert
I don't mind them. Probably because they have worked so well. I put a teaspoon in a glass of water mix it up and drink it straight down. It doesn't really taste of anything - which is strange because when I tried it mixed with my ground flaxseeds the taste was horrible.
Please Krystyna, how do they rate it compared to sennekot?

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Please Krystyna, how do they rate it compared to sennekot?
For me psyllium is working brilliantly. Have never tried sennekot. Was trying to be very high fibre with flaxseeds, hemp seeds, nuts, inulin and lots of green veggies and water but it wasn't working. When I added a teaspoon of psyllium at each of my two meals a day transit issues were no more. I couldn't believe just how much transit improved.