What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Julie rightly says I'm not doing too well on the stay off that bleep diabetes forum:arghh:" Anyhow, let's try this post of today's poem and read here then hide. Not an issue of religious faith for me but along with some others, I suspect , definitely relates to managing The D and hoping to emerge, like Tennyson, with my faith deepened.

Last edited:
Reactions: BRSBRI

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
worrying, but not unexpected, as said the multi organ attacks, and in particular the pancreas, not good.

On the more positive side it may just give HCP world the kick up the j@xxie it needs to begin an honest discussion and offer dietary advice of Low Carb, if not LCHF, as well as the diewell diet,
and lets slowly begin that conversation about how our foods are slowly making a lot of us very sick & unhealthy.

we already had a tsunami of T2D predicted over the next decade, this just adds to the pressures

If Covid lockdowns was about easing the pressures and saving the NHS, then it does show the will is their to TRY
and we'd all be better off as a nation if we had less meds and better foods.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sad @gennepher , for your friends, but the euro powers have rather cocked this up with all the disinformation

i know it sounds CT but it rather looks like the evidence is suggesting they are making a lot out of it, in part to cover the slow roll out of the vaccines, and it's starting to backfire on then.

it's Vaccine Hokey Cokey, 'ya put your vaccine in, vaccine out, in out etc etc.'

But until everyone's safe(r) ...no ones safe(r)

hope they resolve this quickly.
bad enough America acting all Push me / Pull me, on this, don't want the neighbours going the same route.

Hope your friends find a sensible solution

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Sad @gennepher , for your friends, but the euro powers have rather cocked this up with all the disinformation

i know it sounds CT but it rather looks like the evidence is suggesting they are making a lot out of it, in part to cover the slow roll out of the vaccines, and it's starting to backfire on then.

it's Vaccine Hokey Cokey, 'ya put your vaccine in, vaccine out, in out etc etc.'

bad enough America acting all Push me / Pull me, on this, don't want the neighbours going the same route.

Well said @jjraak

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
8pm has chimed in on a Friday eve.
Still 24C...80% humidity outside...

Yet another Covid test all negative so meetings planned next week are still on...Looks like I may have to return home via San Francisco...tbc...

Made the mistake of saying I was very hungry to the great folks who're looking after me...and I fancied duck - lo and behold this was delivered - with as much greens in the other bowl and not a grain of rice in sight...

Just been told MrsBRS aka Laurel has got notification her wrecked Abarth (which I still call A-Bath) is a write off and to go choose another car. She has in fact chosen, but will not reveal for some reason...not until my third glass of wine perhaps..which is a cheeky wee Pinot Noir from the land of Kiwis...

'bout it. Ohh, mid afternoon BG after lunch was an ok 5.0...

Trust all well as I head back out into the humidity to sip a another wee glass of yon Pinot.

Cheers everyone!

yum.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a damp and drizzly start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Finnish split pea soup with a couple of slices of my home made low carb bread came in at 5.4 this am.

Another round of staying local yesterday but the sun was out and we were up and out into the park by 0830 so very few people about apart from dog walkers and their motley crews. Thick cloud and moderate breeze has been promised for today so we will just have to wait and see.
Which? - the magazine - has launched a free scam alert - phishing emails, phoney calls, that sort of stuff. You can sign up for it and I don’t think that you need be a member (beat me with a virtual stick if I’m wrong) - anyhow: Www.which.co.uk/scamalerts

Art today - still fiddling about with mountains. Hope everyone will be enjoying National Poultry Day today - Chicken, turkey and other birds we commonly consume are celebrated on this day. “ We love you all and you are so delicious.” Koffy time now.

View attachment 48198
Great mountain peaks.
Looks like very steep shear sharp rocks @dunelm

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
If only I was as supple...
Screenshot_20210319-132618.jpg

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I know what you mean...our lawyer retired only after 15 years as our legal beagle. It's the same when a long serving GP you trust hangs up the wings of Caduceus...it leaves a gap for sure...
Hope the FA has a wonderful retirement!
Actually, the FA looked quite sad to say goodbye also. The new FA seems nice. The only problem was that the old FA, the new FA and Mr K talked about cars for most of the Zoom meeting.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do 40 minutes Nordic walking every day now, so I exercise my arms as well walking up and down the garden. Hoping to improve my stamina and have more energy and better balance as objectives.
Nordic Walking is so good for you. After the RTA I used Nordic Walking to help me rehab. The insurance company of the van driver who hit me paid for two pairs of Nordic Walking Poles. One set for in the UK and another folding set I took on holiday.

It was 16 years ago and at that time wasn't that well known. I got a bit fed up with people saying - 'you do know it isn't snowing'.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Spent a lot of today struggling with black dots scattered liberally on pages by some bloke called Bach. Gave up in the hope that finger muscle memory takes over.

Seemed to struggle with my watercolour also. Finished the view from the top of Cader Idris, even Mrs MC says it was better after about 15 minutes working on it. So I have over worked it, still it will reside on my growing pile of 'Not sure I like the result' paintings.

A4 watercolour and I will have another go at this view in a month or so.....
IMG_4640.JPG

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
I don't know why but I had the impression you were something to do with IT not ballet, just goes to show how wrong you can be when virtual communicating.
I might have to do that manoeuvre when I'm in the negotiations in person next week ;)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

As The Van-Tam has already stated,”vaccines don't save lives if they're in fridges. They only save lives if they're in arms.”

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Spent a lot of today struggling with black dots scattered liberally on pages by some bloke called Bach. Gave up in the hope that finger muscle memory takes over.

Seemed to struggle with my watercolour also. Finished the view from the top of Cader Idris, even Mrs MC says it was better after about 15 minutes working on it. So I have over worked it, still it will reside on my growing pile of 'Not sure I like the result' paintings.

A4 watercolour and I will have another go at this view in a month or so.....
View attachment 48205
A well captured sun there sir and i like how you have added some red into the mountain

Reactions: jjraak and BRSBRI

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Saturday very wee small hours.
Wish you all, as I head to slumber, Fab Friday night!

Have fun

tap3.jpg