What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am so glad to read this report of how your appointment went, and even more glad you are safe back at home with Bobs and Daisy. I hope you continue to feel better and better.

You and @gennepher are encouraging me to listen to the KittenCat and close up this laptop and go join her on the bed for some much-needed R&R ...

^. .^
Thanks Saskia glad its done and am enjoying doing nothing. Suggest you and the KC join in.

Reactions: gennepher

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All
Am on the sofa with radio on and Bobs and Daisy next to me and feeling much better since I took some painkillers. My second eye injection went as expected. As previously the staff were lovely especially the doctor and nurse with me. I met a a delightful lady in her 80s in the waiting room who was dealing with eye cancer (nothing to do with Diabetes) and had/was having some serious treatment but was full of praises for the HCPs. I couldnt help think what an unfair hand she had been dealt but typical of her generation she was taking it all in her stride. I felt very humbled by our convo

So glad the day went well

Chill n relax..xx

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just received my blood analysis results.

A bit of a mixed bag with some very good some not so good:

Starting with the good: My A1C score fell from 9.6% (81.4 mmol/mol) on 22/5/2019 to 5,7% (38.8 mmol/mol)today From absolute disaster to non-diabetic range in just over a month. ( I specifically asked and paid for the a1c test as I wanted to remove that 9.6% from my signature in the forum as soon as possible)

My cholesterol levels have also improved
1. Total cholesterol down from 6.5 to 4
2. HDL cholesterol marginally improved from 0.85 to 0.9
3. LDL cholesterol down from 4,9 to 2

My triglycerides have worsened from 1.7 to 2.4. My last meal last night was mostly meat and this may have played a part

Overall my resulting atherosclerosis risk factor fell from 7.6 (very high risk) to 4.35 (low risk)

My PSA scores were also improved moving me to a much lower category for prostate cancer risk. Visiting a urologist was something I was not very keen to do and I can now put this off for a bit longer.

What has actually worsened is my anaemia (and this may be impacting my A1c scores though I am not sure how). Both my heamoglobin count and iron level are still below normal and actually slightly worse than a month ago (probably accounting for the fatigue I am feeling) despite me being on iron tablets for the last couple of weeks.

Vitamin D levels have improved though still below normal so I need to keep taking a supplement.

What have also improved slightly but are still far too high and my main cause for concern are my ESR and CRP scores. These are indicators of inflamation somewhere in the body but do not give indication where exactly and need to be investigated further.

So overall pleased with most of my results

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Am on the sofa with radio on and Bobs and Daisy next to me and feeling much better since I took some painkillers. My second eye injection went as expected. As previously the staff were lovely especially the doctor and nurse with me. I met a a delightful lady in her 80s in the waiting room who was dealing with eye cancer (nothing to do with Diabetes) and had/was having some serious treatment but was full of praises for the HCPs. I couldnt help think what an unfair hand she had been dealt but typical of her generation she was taking it all in her stride. I felt very humbled by our convo

Great to see/ hear this PenguinMum and glad that Bobs and Daisy are snuggling up to comfort you. Stroking a pet is a really good pain reliever too.
Your conversation in the waiting room sounds interesting, I agree, sometimes it is humbling to know what other people have on their plate.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@pavlosn you should be very happy with overall progress and greatly optimistic for the future. @PenguinMum glad all went well and R and R in progress. Just need @alf_Josiah to report in with upbeat news and it will be a perfect score.
Thanks Ian the best bit was when I had my chart reading test I could read 6 lines compared to 3 last month, so both eyes equal today. I knew it had improved but wasnt expecting that. So chuffed.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great to see/ hear this PenguinMum and glad that Bobs and Daisy are snuggling up to comfort you. Stroking a pet is a really good pain reliever too.
Your conversation in the waiting room sounds interesting, I agree, sometimes it is humbling to know what other people have on their plate.
Thanks so much. It was a very satisfying visit ref my reply above to Ian. The elderly lady has a hole on her eye due to cancer has had her lower lid removed but she looked beautiful, only a slight swelling underneath. We chatted happily about her grandchildren. Then when I got to the injection waiting room I was with a lovely young man early 30s with T1 who is now partially sighted (due to not looking after himself in his youth he said) and he was going home to look after his two young children while his wife was out at work. OH always says I get so much info out of talking to everyone everywhere I should have my own chat show, lol. I was just so impressed with the people I chatted with who were just getting on with their lot and it was soo good the staff were so respectful and nice to them.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks so much. It was a very satisfying visit ref my reply above to Ian. The elderly lady has a hole on her eye due to cancer has had her lower lid removed but she looked beautiful, only a slight swelling underneath. We chatted happily about her grandchildren. Then when I got to the injection waiting room I was with a lovely young man early 30s with T1 who is now partially sighted (due to not looking after himself in his youth he said) and he was going home to look after his two young children while his wife was out at work. OH always says I get so much info out of talking to everyone everywhere I should have my own chat show, lol. I was just so impressed with the people I chatted with who were just getting on with their lot and it was soo good the staff were so respectful and nice to them.

I’ve no doubt they really enjoyed chatting to you too. So often in daily life people don’t speak to each other, whether through shyness or being too busy, but most people are nice and we could all do with a little more interaction I think. I bet they were chuffed to bits you struck up a conversation with them.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All

Glad it all went so well for you PM.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No idea what that means but sounds like the Fastnet race. Didnt have you down as a sailor but hope you will come on my chat show!

Reactions: jjraak

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1560683857291.jpg