What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good afternoon all. Not had much of interest to post for a while. I had my second AZ vaccination yesterday. No after effects other than the usual sore arm. I haven't been testing my blood sugars for a while as they were constantly too high no matter what I did but my fbs at 7.30 am this morning was 10.2! One hour later it had gone down to 9.1 using the same finger.:confused: I assumed it was a result of the vaccine but then noticed that my remaining unused test strips were out of date.:banghead:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon all. Not had much of interest to post for a while. I had my second AZ vaccination yesterday. No after effects other than the usual sore arm. I haven't been testing my blood sugars for a while as they were constantly too high no matter what I did but my fbs at 7.30 am this morning was 10.2! One hour later it had gone down to 9.1 using the same finger.:confused: I assumed it was a result of the vaccine but then noticed that my remaining unused test strips were out of date.:banghead:
Winner awarded automatically just for being @dogslife and posting. Take care.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes

Well done on posting. It's easy to post low numbers, but it takes courage to post higher than the mythical normal numbers. We are all different.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.45am FBG 6.3
It's our only grandsons third birthday this week. I might have seen him a dozen times altogether in his life. There is a tentative arrangement to meet up on the 15/16 weekend, which would have been our only chance before leaving for France.
At long last. Today spent ages trying to make appt for cat. Phoned six different surgeries before finding one licenced to issue Animal Health Certitficate. It takes about a week and has to be issued within 10 days of travel. Apparently the vet here will contact the vet in France who issued his passport. Now I am really worried. The vet who doesn't keep his surgery clean is almost certain to be behind on admin... and this is a time sensitive document without which Errant won't be able to travel.
Stress eating and drinking too much. I seem to have little control at the moment, leading to higher FBG. Still i did manage not to buy any chocolate today, small step in the right direction.
Did anyone notice I said would have been only chance to see our grandson before we went? Not a slip of the fingers, unfortunately, the ferry company appears to have cancelled ALL sailings until sixth of June.
MrSlim is spitting mad, as you can imagine. I am torn between yippee I will be able to visit people now and disappointment, imagining the grass growing another foot and the window for planting seeds vanishing entirely before we arrive.
Then there is the appointment with our advisor, on obtaining residency, not sure if we will be able to do that by video...
Cannot rearrange until we have ferry booking confirmed.
MrSlim has mentioned the channel tunnel. This is not really an option for me. Don't think I could manage driving for that long.
It's a real mess.
What a mess, difficult times and much we can't do anything about. Take advantage with the Yipee. My cousin who's got two houses in France and has not visited since March seems to have the right attitude, which is, what will be will be and he prefers to not know what is happening to them and it can be sorted when eventually he can go again he's now looking at October. Not easy but nothing can be done about it so don't let it spoil your time here.

Reactions: dunelm

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hug for the fbg....but a WIN for the jab causing little issue.

Off for my 2nd in morning, hope it goes as well.:)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.45am FBG 6.3
It's our only grandsons third birthday this week. I might have seen him a dozen times altogether in his life. There is a tentative arrangement to meet up on the 15/16 weekend, which would have been our only chance before leaving for France.
At long last. Today spent ages trying to make appt for cat. Phoned six different surgeries before finding one licenced to issue Animal Health Certitficate. It takes about a week and has to be issued within 10 days of travel. Apparently the vet here will contact the vet in France who issued his passport. Now I am really worried. The vet who doesn't keep his surgery clean is almost certain to be behind on admin... and this is a time sensitive document without which Errant won't be able to travel.
Stress eating and drinking too much. I seem to have little control at the moment, leading to higher FBG. Still i did manage not to buy any chocolate today, small step in the right direction.
Did anyone notice I said would have been only chance to see our grandson before we went? Not a slip of the fingers, unfortunately, the ferry company appears to have cancelled ALL sailings until sixth of June.
MrSlim is spitting mad, as you can imagine. I am torn between yippee I will be able to visit people now and disappointment, imagining the grass growing another foot and the window for planting seeds vanishing entirely before we arrive.
Then there is the appointment with our advisor, on obtaining residency, not sure if we will be able to do that by video...
Cannot rearrange until we have ferry booking confirmed.
MrSlim has mentioned the channel tunnel. This is not really an option for me. Don't think I could manage driving for that long.
It's a real mess.
Frustrating but take the road to yippee - the sun may be shining and grass cutting can always wait for another day

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice to see your post a win for grabbing second vaccination.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a nail biting result morning here in the dark and dangerous north - who will lose their money? Not the Conservatives in Hartlepool.
The wonder wheel of fish and broccoli in Szechwan sauce came home to roost at 4.1 this am.

Diaries - we seem to be looking at diaries for the first time in a year or so. Planning visits and anticipating the 17th May traffic light system but not moving from these shores unless we can go to Svalbard for a bit of skinny dipping, or did she say Vanuatu? A couple of camping trips in the bag and some potential dates for family gatherings.

A change of subject this morning with some cherry blossom - pictures taken in our park last week for a bit of inspiration. Hope everyone has a pleasant Friday. Koffy time.

upload_2021-5-7_6-57-48.jpeg

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a nail biting result morning here in the dark and dangerous north - who will lose their money? Not the Conservatives in Hartlepool.
The wonder wheel of fish and broccoli in Szechwan sauce came home to roost at 4.1 this am.

Diaries - we seem to be looking at diaries for the first time in a year or so. Planning visits and anticipating the 17th May traffic light system but not moving from these shores unless we can go to Svalbard for a bit of skinny dipping, or did she say Vanuatu? A couple of camping trips in the bag and some potential dates for family gatherings.

A change of subject this morning with some cherry blossom - pictures taken in our park last week for a bit of inspiration. Hope everyone has a pleasant Friday. Koffy time.

View attachment 49283
Beautiful @dunelm
Cherry blossom is always a winner.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Today's painting in Procreate, still experimenting...

50548F0B-66DA-4AED-9557-5870F86B6280.jpeg

Trying something else for tomorrow. I might still end up doing suns/moons, as I watch the night sky every night.

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 6.5 for me today, same old same! Salad Lunch, meal last night Aubergine stuffed with mushrooms, courgette, hand full of almonds and salad, yogurt and berries after, 5.4 before meal and 5.4 after.

Voting here last night was in a local church instead of the local school, all voters were there with their Canine advisors including us, of course advisors were not allowed in and there were some hot tempers, much snarling and bearing of teeth amongst those that could not agree.

Of food to friends for a cold sit in their garden this afternoon, will be playing instruments to entertain their neighbours.:) So thermals, fleeces, scarves, woolly hats and fingerless gloves need to be found.

Keep safe make Friday yours.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 49283
Nice blossom, it does seem to have stayed on the trees longer this year even with all the winds, I like the different detail you have given that on the tree to what's on the floor, good observation.

Diaries have been on our agenda of late, so little going on and yet easily forgotten.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Today's painting in Procreate, still experimenting...

View attachment 49284

Trying something else for tomorrow. I might still end up doing suns/moons, as I watch the night sky every night.
Keep experimenting, keep giving us your imaginative pictures from your observation. Looking forward to whatever something new is going to give us.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Mr K is at Aldi doing the weekly shop while I relax with a coffee in my reclining chair in the conservatory. Don't be too sorry for him though - because while I was teaching my classes on Zoom last night he was relaxing with a whiskey.

Dog walking and admin today then an appointment with the nurse to inspect my head then more classes this evening.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Keep experimenting, keep giving us your imaginative pictures from your observation. Looking forward to whatever something new is going to give us.
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist
I enjoy experimenting....
I have been watching videos on swans this morning and remembering swans I saw with J and more...so ideas for tomorrow...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 this morning. Mr K is at Aldi doing the weekly shop while I relax with a coffee in my reclining chair in the conservatory. Don't be too sorry for him though - because while I was teaching my classes on Zoom last night he was relaxing with a whiskey.

Dog walking and admin today then an appointment with the nurse to inspect my head then more classes this evening.
Your head is getting plenty of inspection @Krystyna23040

k28049.png