What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I bet in your mind you can still lift them. :) That's what is so frustrating, I have to move heavy objects by bear hugging them and doing a strange shuffling. :banghead:
True about what I can lift and run with in my mind. The worst part is the boys toss them about like cotton wool buds:arghh: To be fair, I was never 6' 4" and built like the proverbial brick building. Major achievement of yours getting that far on the ride. Did you compete in the Commonwealth Games back in the day? (I can be rational on behalf of others.)

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
True about what I can lift and run with in my mind. The worst part is the boys toss them about like cotton wool buds:arghh: To be fair, I was never 6' 4" and built like the proverbial brick building. Major achievement of yours getting that far on the ride. Did you compete in the Commonwealth Games back in the day? (I can be rational on behalf of others.)
Me, compete, I haven't got a competitive bone in my body, never mind being fit enough. :) Hopping the bike up each of those steps, the way kids do wheelies, was perfectly doable in my mind, two years ago I would have done the whole distance easily, age!:banghead:

lindisfel

Expert
Yes, I rode what is called the Seven Staines, 7 different sites spent a week doing red and black routes with my son and son in law, exhausting. On the 5th day I crashed on a black route trying to race my son, foolish I know, I broke three ribs, managed to find my way off the mountain on easy tracks. Family thought it very funny and spent the next week trying to make me laugh. :)

Great trails and long nights watching stars under dark skies.
Just you be careful, Muddy and grow old disgracefully!

lindisfel

Expert
Thanks @Krystyna23040. The role of red meat in my WOE has become an issue for me .Not sure I need the sat fat and uncertain of the ecological arguments. Not sure where I stand on either of those.but not comfortable with the meh, it is all propaganda bods As for weight, at 11 st 11 (BMI 25) I feel proper portly because I've been lower but I think I have fallen down a tunnel from reading so much around D and diet over six years. Naiman and others make sense when reading and listening but IRL it never works or tastes great to me. Existential crisis?;)

Hi Ian.
Meat in grassy areas like this could be ok but over stocking is a problem and feeding the stock soya, from former rain forest.
One wonders how much belching wild cattle and mammoths did?
D.

lindisfel

Expert
Was up Borrowdale this am in Surprise View woods listening for migrants. A sunny day to start with but cool. A few walkers went by, some going round Derwent Water on adjacent fells. Everybody was friendly and passed the time of day.
Why are people so friendly when they are in the greenery of beautiful country? But they would be the same in the Arctic!

Bass Lake and Derwent Water were flat calm as we went by in the car.
D.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been trying to decide on the best background, I felt yesterday's was too abstract so looking for ideas that suggest Cannock Chase....no cyclist in these.....

IMG_4843.JPG

Or
IMG_4842.JPG

I think I prefer the top one in the mist, adapted to get the Mountain Biker in the middle ground before the foreground fallen trees.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Been trying to decide on the best background, I felt yesterday's was too abstract so looking for ideas that suggest Cannock Chase....no cyclist in these.....

View attachment 49396
Or
View attachment 49395
I think I prefer the top one in the mist, adapted to get the Mountain Biker in the middle ground before the foreground fallen trees.
I know nothing but instinctively thought top one before I read your expert opinion. Looks uncannily like what the world looks like to me on my really good days.;)

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

I am late to the party today.

Had to go out and do some messages this morning and collect stuff. But the stuff hadn't been delivered and won't be for nearly 3 weeks. Traffic was heavy and delayed. Then finally I had to collect my medicines, but they weren't ready, so I went back to the car to wait.

So I got the iPad out and began this black and white drawing of outside the health centre. A few hundred people queuing in 3 separate directions for the same small door at the end of that building on the right. My chemist was behind the lady on the left using her phone. Too many people, too close together for too long.

I waited for ten minutes while drawing this on my iPad, then the lady waved from the door at the chemist, and these queues had not moved an inch, but grown longer and longer.....

I finished this off at home just now.

I was shattered when I got home. This morning took twice as long as it should have done. I had a headache by this time, and so dozed on and off all afternoon, then I remembered to finish this...

I don't have the energy to read through all these posts today, so I will play catch up in the morning. I had a glance through, and I noticed @Muddy Cyclist 's painting which reminded me of Italian Futurism. And I liked it very much...but I will look better in the morning and comment then...I am just too tired...

C6B2BC0A-0C1E-4F0E-BE01-123FD37E49AD.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Now that's a thought. Perhaps I could suggest to class members that the perfect way for them to strengthen arms and legs would be for them to wash the floor after their clasvs.

It's a well trod teaching method.

Mr Miyagi used it to great success in "The Karate Kid"

Wax ON..Wax OFF....;):D

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 today

charity volunteering day today again, feels really tiring after so long away from it but we'll get used to it again and the exercise is beneficial ;)

Quite chilly again today and threatened rain all day but, since we were inside most of the day it didn't matter, felt sorry for the caravan dwellers though.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@Muddy Cyclist - lovely study, filled with life and colour. As for the two backgrounds I'm in agreement with you there, they are both well painted but the first probably matches the ethos of mountain biking better and has a pleasing strength :)

Glad you enjoyed your revisit to the bike trails, I must say that rock climbing looks like hard work ;)

@dunelm - lovely magnolias, the yellow paper makes a pleasing background and you have managed to capture the sort of heavy delicacy their petals have. We have only just got to the stage of apple/pear blossom on our trees here.

@lindisfel - sounds like an enjoyable morning trip ;)

@gennepher - that's a fantastic sketch but I'm sending a big hug for the tiring morning and the headache it caused :sorry:

art bit -

I think this is done on a piece of the Fabriano studio, the tape I used to tape it down didn't stick so it's wavy at the top as well as the bottom :D

upload_2021-5-13_21-15-25.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Had to go out and do some messages this morning and collect stuff. But the stuff hadn't been delivered and won't be for nearly 3 weeks. Traffic was heavy and delayed. Then finally I had to collect my medicines, but they weren't ready, so I went back to the car to wait.

So I got the iPad out and began this black and white drawing of outside the health centre. A few hundred people queuing in 3 separate directions for the same small door at the end of that building on the right. My chemist was behind the lady on the left using her phone. Too many people, too close together for too long.

I waited for ten minutes while drawing this on my iPad, then the lady waved from the door at the chemist, and these queues had not moved an inch, but grown longer and longer.....

I was shattered when I got home. This morning took twice as long as it should have done. I had a headache by this time, and so dozed on and off all afternoon, then I remembered to finish this...

I don't have the energy to read through all these posts today, so I will play catch up in the morning. I had a glance through, and I noticed @Muddy Cyclist 's painting which reminded me of Italian Futurism. And I liked it very much...but I will look better in the morning and comment then...I am just too tired...

View attachment 49398
Winner for Plein Air Sketch and digital too. Hugs for terrible day again.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 today

charity volunteering day today again, feels really tiring after so long away from it but we'll get used to it again and the exercise is beneficial ;)

Quite chilly again today and threatened rain all day but, since we were inside most of the day it didn't matter, felt sorry for the caravan dwellers though.

@Muddy Cyclist - lovely study, filled with life and colour. As for the two backgrounds I'm in agreement with you there, they are both well painted but the first probably matches the ethos of mountain biking better and has a pleasing strength :)

Glad you enjoyed your revisit to the bike trails, I must say that rock climbing looks like hard work ;)

@dunelm - lovely magnolias, the yellow paper makes a pleasing background and you have managed to capture the sort of heavy delicacy their petals have. We have only just got to the stage of apple/pear blossom on our trees here.

@gennepher - that's a fantastic sketch but I'm sending a big hug for the tiring morning and the headache it caused :sorry:

art bit -

I think this is done on a piece of the Fabriano studio, the tape I used to tape it down didn't stick so it's wavy at the top as well as the bottom :D

View attachment 49400
Thank you.

A choppy seascape, I can feel the wind and the mood of the day, brilliant. Maybe the tape and paper felt the mood and behaved accordingly.:)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 49396
Or
View attachment 49395
I also prefer the top one. I love the colours and the mist. I did like yesterday's also.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

View attachment 49398
Not surprised that you were shattered. I do like your painting. It is a bit scary that there was so.many people queuing so close together for so long.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 today

art bit -

View attachment 49400
I love the way you have captured the sunlight shimmering on the sea.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very early morning roll call.

Back into "work inner alarm" mode it seems.:rolleyes:

Yesterday started ok, fbg 6.3, which was nice n low, over recent months numbers
But day went downhill after that

Rather maudling post & Longish,
(More cathartic for me, really.,)
So feel free to skip to end for tl;dr details.

Recently began a new relationship.

She's bright, caring & way too good for me,

At first it was great, all smiles and lots of attention.

Ok I'll admit it........I was smitten.

The way she'd listen to me,

that hint of accent as she explained what she wants to do to me.......;)

....i was like a puppy, all wide eyed & desperate to please her

Those words of encouragement, her smile as she praised me...
( Did I say I was smitten )

But just lately it's all gone wrong.

Somehow that little bit of "Magic" has gone out of our relationship

God knows I've tried, but I can't hide it anymore...its time to call it a day.:sorry:

She was calling yesterday morning

So I practised my lines..
"It's not you, its me.. you've been great, I don't deserve you " type thing

Anyway, she calls.

A little chit chat, then she blind sided me.

SHE'S finishing with ME :wideyed:

"It's not you, it's ME, you've been great, but I don't think there's any more for us now...."

*** ....SHE'S finishing with ME. :wideyed::woot::arghh:

I nodded and said it was ok.
I'd be fine without her.

An utter lie,

as I felt the abandonment already as she cast me adrift

And it all started so well
Best physio I ever had

But I know she's right....we have little more to say to each other...it's time
Doesn't make that loss any easier to bear.

Yes, yes..I KNOW I was ending it anyway

But did you miss the headline bit..?
SHE broke up with ME...:arghh:

It really was great to a point, but the last few weeks recovery has stalled.
All exercises I can do bar one, and it's impacting me physically and mentally.

Realistically I wonder what's left for us to talk about..we've gone as far as we can

So, pre yesterday's appointment, I was rehearsing my lines and plans, like it was the ending of a relationship...( Which to be fair, it was really)

So sat listened & waited my moment ...

Doc broke up with ME, before I got the chance to say my piece.

Ends up she thought we'd gone as far as we could as well..I agreed before and at the time.

But afterwards, I felt bereft.
No more hand holding as I sail on alone.

It's the right thing to do, I know...but still...:sorry:

Right ankle still swollen a bit, that flexing of moving knee over foot, with heel flat on floor, NOT gone to plan.

Still too difficult to do, due to swelling I feel

Impacts most when descending stairs,

and while not even trying anything approaching running, I did have to break into a trot crossing the road the other day, as oncoming car went all "Death Race 2000" as he sped up to try n clip me, it seemed :rolleyes:

Right ankle yelped in pain :woot:

it's just SO not ready for my Olympic bid just yet :arghh:

Bottom line was, these things can take time, she suspects it may be months more, if even then, I can get the full movement back.

Time, patience and my dedication to exercising that ankle, holds the key. seemed to be her key pointers for me.

The reality is I am so much better off then I was in January, and way better off then so many others with real difficulties.

But it's still dragging me down, that almost 5 months later, I'm still having difficulties doing some daily tasks .:sorry:

But hey ho...is what it is, and now I've got that off my chest, I feel a little better.

Thanks for listening.:)

Tldr.

Right ankle still dodgy
Discharged from outpatients physio
The ship of life, sails on regardless

Wide awake at zero dark 30, it seems .:rolleyes::hilarious:

Dawn's lightened the sky,
Hope you all have the best
Day you can.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
F.B.G. 6.2 @ 0650.
Light cloud, cool but dry day forecast.
A useful amount of rain fell yesterday but not until the evening.

Ineptitude rules, they were warned about the Indian variant being let in.

This is another fine fix you have got us into Doris!

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967